***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Is it my imagination???

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kermit in a Blender
INACTIVE Member Account

Is it my imagination???

Postby Kermit in a Blender » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:56 pm

Why do all the Little Pocket Rockets with P Plates want to race me and the Lancer at the Traffic Lights.

Seriously, I am a middle aged man ( with teenagers) who has owned my fair share of V8 Holdens, and heavily Modified Street Machines over the decades. There were plenty of times that I would have loved a Traffic Light Challenge. Saturday Night was always the main street.

We bought the Lancer because we loved the Looks, it has severe personality where other cars just blend into the back ground. I know, it looks fast and that is the appeal to the Civics and Corollas, but I just dont wanna race you Dudes.

I am having the time of my life watching your tail lights disappear, because I know that my Teenager will soon turn 18 and will probably borrow Mum's Lancer. He will kick your Toyota, your Honda and bring a smile to the Old Man's face.

ROAD KILL

Kermit in a Blender
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Kermit in a Blender » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Ours is a Sports back too but I don't think that would make too much difference, maybe the Pocket Rockets are desperate for a Race.

The idea of baiting them on the line reminds me of the Old street days. My mate had an unnerving ability to provoke the other drivers at the lights, but he also had a set of line lockers on the brakes. and would actually squeal the rear tyres while being held stationary by the front tyres.

It was quite amazing how often he would cause another car to take off while the lights were still RED.
ROAD KILL

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 pm

HMMM Sportback very sexy!
Hey Kermit from one old man to another those were the days - big blocks,carbies and not a turbo in site!!!
Had my fare share of Holdens and Fords way back when
The traffic light challenges were pretty funny
All the best mate
Cheers Chris (Mizta_b)
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

edge
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby edge » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:17 am

i always want some one to race me on the light but no one ever try...they just thought i drive a riced up little 1.5 colt so cant be bothered >_____<

slickthug
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Re: Is it my imagination???

Postby slickthug » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:04 am

Kermit in a Blender wrote:I know that my Teenager will soon turn 18 and will probably borrow Mum's Lancer. He will kick your Toyota, your Honda and bring a smile to the Old Man's face.

nice. a kool old man you are.

my old mans all about safety. didnt want me to buy a black car (its harder to see at nite) or manual (says it too troublesome).

but im getting both those hehe. alway do the opposite to what ur rents say hehe

Kermit in a Blender
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Kermit in a Blender » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Seems like the Old Man does not understand Reverse Psychology.
He should have told you to get a Black Manual, and you would have rebelled against him. Hmm a White Auto.

slickthug wrote:
Kermit in a Blender wrote:I know that my Teenager will soon turn 18 and will probably borrow Mum's Lancer. He will kick your Toyota, your Honda and bring a smile to the Old Man's face.

nice. a kool old man you are.

my old mans all about safety. didnt want me to buy a black car (its harder to see at nite) or manual (says it too troublesome).

but im getting both those hehe. alway do the opposite to what ur rents say hehe
ROAD KILL

nickbutterz
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nickbutterz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Kermit in a Blender wrote:I am having the time of my life watching your tail lights disappear, because I know that my Teenager will soon turn 18 and will probably borrow Mum's Lancer. He will kick your Toyota, your Honda and bring a smile to the Old Man's face.

haah thats so funny. my dad use to be a speed demon to back in the day. lol but i dont think he be happy to hear i did it. lol

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Kermit in a Blender wrote:I am having the time of my life watching your tail lights disappear, because I know that my Teenager will soon turn 18 and will probably borrow Mum's Lancer. He will kick your Toyota, your Honda and bring a smile to the Old Man's face.

:lol: will it bring a smile to your face when he gets your car impounded?? :P

I get people wanting to race me often, especially P platers in tractors (thats what a 3.8L V6 commodore sounds like when it tries to drag you :lol: ).... The fact I have exhaust, lowered and big gold rims prolly has something to do with it :lol:

If I give it some stick I can usually get off the line quicker than the commodores but its not by much.

Kermit in a Blender
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Kermit in a Blender » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Ryan_C wrote:

:lol: will it bring a smile to your face when he gets your car impounded?? :P

There are a couple of stories around about impounded Cars in Melbourne.
Some silly Buggars have been known to do a burn out on their way out of the impound yard. But one Dopey Commodore driver, did a burnout, clipped a kerb and T Boned a Cop car.
ROAD KILL

Ravine
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ravine » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:18 pm

I'm very disappointed at how few people want to give it a little these days. I pull up next to another CJ and then the other person doesn't even bat an eyelid!!!

There should be more commradery between CJ owners.

And it's funny, I've only ever been challenged to a race once and that was turning onto the M4 from Strathfield. And i'm a P plater!

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi Ravine, are you the same Ravine as on MCA forum? and if you are how come you havent used a picture here with your blacked out front, it looks awesome....?
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Ravine
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ravine » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Yeah it's me.

I was trying to find that picture but it's on my laptop and i so cannot be bothered turning it on.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Turn it On!!!!! Ravine!
what are you waiting for!!!

Return to “General Talk”