***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Long time member from brisbane! (finally buying a lancer)

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Long time member from brisbane! (finally buying a lancer)

Postby mechenggdude » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi guys, some people may remember that I did post on this forum a long time ago. I have almost finished uni and finally sorted out personal problems and therefore I am getting a lancer.

I am going for a white Aspire (MY10) and was just wondering which dealers seemed to be the most accomodating in Brisbane. I live on the northside, however travel is not a problem (as long as it's within 3 hours from the city lol). I am going to dealers tomorrow.

Another question is with regard to OEM accessories. Which ones seem to be well worth it, and which ones do I need to stay well clear of?

FYI, I was about to buy a lancer at the start of this year but had to pull out due to some personal issues. They are finally sorted, so I am finally an active forum member again.

Club CJ seems to be huge and awesome now lol.

ian99
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ian99 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi there dude - my niece is the sales manager for Motorama Mitsubishi Marooka & I have shown her this web community. She drives a white ralliart sorts back & thinks being involved here is of benifit to us all.
She is not on deck - just moved house - so if you want PM me for contact details - Lishsa is keen to help extend the CJ community!
Ian
2007 VR in Brissy's Centenary burbs!
"On the wekend we might head out of town & do some thin a little bit diffrent"

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey mechenggdude

Check out the ClubCJ Pricing guide, that will give you an idea on a figure for your CJ with some extras.

One extra you stay clear of, Is Paint Protection. If your really worried about your paint, just take car of it. Wash it every week, and give it a polish every now and then and your car will look better without that clear!!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:10 pm

thanks tadzorz. I had a read and some people have gotten some awesome deals it seems. Only wish they could tell me their dealer lol.

I have been reading the forum for a few hours and have come up with some mods that I currently want to negotiate into the overall dealer price.

- reverse camera
- reverse sensors (overkill?)
- mmcs interface kit (from resourceit)
- alarm
- footwell lights
- sunroof
- tint (gonna force them to use the right felts)
- floor mats
- window visors (are the x-factor ones better than oem?)
- vrx pedals
- change tires (ill try to make that a condition of the deal as you all seem to hate the yokohamas)
- alloy fuel door (not too sure about this one, do you guys think it will look good on a white aspire?)

Aftermarket:
I am also interested in these aftermarket parts and would probably like to get them very soon.

- EVO-X spoiler
- Auto folding mirrors
- Vortex generator

Further down the track I may get the injen cai, greddy SE exhaust and some body mods.

EDIT: Thanks ian99, I will likely go to motorama mitsubishi tomorrow.

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 pm

I bought my Ralliart from Nundah Mitsubishi. They screwed me over price-wise due to the car being just out when I bought it, so all the dealers weren't taking any money off them. But for sales and information, they seem quite good. They are the flagship dealer for Brisbane and they have won many awards in the past few years.

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:44 pm

Ok guys, I went to dealers yesterday and did not get any quotes under $38000 for a white aspire.

Plan is to give a call to union shopper (Public Sector Union shopping service) to see what the best deal they can find is.

EDIT: The price is for the standard car with no accessories at all. Once I got those quotes I didn't even bother about asking for accessories.

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Are you old enough to drive a turbo. There are cheaper Ralliarts for sale than some Aspire's..... I will admit, the leather interior and other classy items are nice, but for that price, you may be able to get leather seatcovers from the dealer or from our sponsor - X Factor.

ChrisB bought a ralliart for $37k drive away (brand new) from the Toowoomba dealer. Should ring them up. They seem nice.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Yeah for that price, get a RA.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:39 pm

mechenggdude wrote:Ok guys, I went to dealers yesterday and did not get any quotes under $38000 for a white aspire.

Plan is to give a call to union shopper (Public Sector Union shopping service) to see what the best deal they can find is.

EDIT: The price is for the standard car with no accessories at all. Once I got those quotes I didn't even bother about asking for accessories.

Gee's! I bought my Aspire with metallic paint, sunroof +MMCS, floor mats in October last year for $35,000 drive away with 12 months reg + taxes etc.
I either got a good deal or prices have gone up?
Aspire will have cheaper running costs then the RA. But if you are after horse power and a more performance car then definitely go the RA. The Aspire are more a luxury car with smooth performance and economy!
Just take your time when making YOUR decision, because once you have your car you are stuck with it.

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Yeah, I thought long and hard about getting a RA. The power for sure is definitely tempting.

But I am only 21, so i'm not sure I should be getting something that powerful as of yet. I'm currently driving a 2002 1.6 ford laser so a huge power jump is not ideal. That being said, im more worried about insurance and fuel costs. While I do have the capability of buying that sort of car upfront, and still live quite comfortably with it afterwards, I can't really justify it. Im certain that the dealers were really trying to squeeze me for money.

I have half a year left of uni (just compulsory work placement) and rents want to get me a car to make life easier for the family (mum & dad work in da city, brother still at UQ, my work placement is at murrarie).

My plan is to turn the car into some sort of cheap grand tourer eventually. Thus the reason behind some of the planned mods.

Anybody know of any dealers who may be selling an aspire for $32000 like they were at the start of the year?

Also any suggestions on getting the dealer to bring the price down?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:57 pm

You will have a lot of trouble being so young. I had the same thing. No salespeople took me serious.

I eventually found one who took me serious. I was happy to pay a little more going with him as I got the service I wanted... Now I still go back and say G'Day to him etc and he has helped me out with a few things too.

If you'd like to speak to him I can give you his number or you can pop in to Zupps at Capalaba, Geoff Poole is his name.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 pm

If you are only 21 take one or both your parents with you. As sir vrx said age makes them not take you seriously. When you enter the dealer make it clear you are there to do business, but make it clear if they don't give you a good deal you will take your business else where. Mention other dealers and other manufacturers. For example now how much a Mazda sp25 is on the road and it's good points compared to an Aspire.
I had a bad experience with a Mitsubishi dealer when I was 20. As soon as I walked into the dealership the manager came out of his office and told the dealer who just introduced himself to me , that they did not have any jobs there for me. I told him I was there to buy a car and he could get stuffed. Next month I made a point to go to the dealer and showed him my New Nissan.
I would wait to the very end of the year or next year to get the best price.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 pm

I was looking at buying a Golf GT Sport TDI... The dealer didn't take me serious and even accused me of being a "joy-rider" when I asked for a drive... I had even sat down and discussed price with him and everything!!! I was soooo cheesed off I wrote a 300 word complain letter to the general manager.

Glad I got the CJ though hahaha

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Much like when my dad insisted on coming with me when I looked at the CJ... went to Toyota to compare the Corolla (waste of time) and the sales guy kept talking to my dad and ignored me... I told him it was myself buying the car, and he said to my dad something about buying me a car!!

I asked for a test drive and the guy asked if I was going to buy it. I said, well how the hell do I know if I am buying a car without driving it!

Walked out and put a deposit on my Lancer :D

(Mind you I am 28 and 6'4"..... I wish my daddy was buying me a car :P )

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:26 am

Hahah, my mum insisted I take someone with me when I was buying my CJ and I'm 38. I'd done all my research, handled test drives and all that sort of stuff myself. I ended up taking my partner's Dad along with me when I finalised and such just to keep my mum happy. He made it clear to the dealer that he was just there to give me moral support and prompt me if I forgot anything important. I was buying the car and it was my choice.

(hahah, if my mum had got her way entirely I'd be driving an '07 or '08 Toyota Echo - or similar baby car - and hating it deeply)

I avoid the young guys in flashy suits, they often don't have the seniority to get you a really good deal and they can sometimes be looking to build up their 'cred' within the dealership by making a big sale.

Dress neatly (I'm not saying wear a suit, but being presentable can say a lot), project a confident manner and remember your protocol.

Book your test drive. Test drive 'on spec' and you'll often end up with a dealer riding shotgun, you may still end up with a dealer in the car with you if you book it seems to depend on the dealership.

I'll note that I'm not suggesting you fly totally solo, it can sometimes help to have someone there to back you up. I'm just suggesting have your approach planned ahead of time, that way it's more likely the dealer will speak to you directly rather then the situation lzy_eye described above.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”