***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Need some advice

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Need some advice

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm

I few weeks ago my car was involved in a accident, which was not my fault and have since had the car fixed. When I picked up the car from my preferred repairer and drove home I noticed the front left quarter panel was not aligned properly and when I looked under the bonnet there was also a bolt missing, so the very next day I took the car back and the repairer fixed both problems on the spot.

So I thought all seemed ok until I about to wash my car yestrday afternoon, when I noticed that there is a big gap where the front left quarter panel ends and the front left side a pillar meets, being that it was still only early in the afternoon I decide to go for a drive to my local Mitsubishi dealer and speak with my contact in spare parts /service and told him about my problem, he decided to have a look at it and discovered that the repairer has used a fake front left quarter panel part that looks the same a genuine, I asked my contact how he could tell the difference, so he showed me, by pushing the outside of the panel it started to flex under pressure. He advised me to call my insurance and tell them I was not happy with the quality of the work.

So this morning I made a call to my insurance and explained the issue, they entered my complaint about the issue and would pass it onto the assessor that approved my repairs in the first place. With in 10 minutes the assessor called me and organise to inspect the car on 12 march 2014. Over the next 2hours and so on the my perfered repairer has been calling me, but being at how angry I am, I decided not to answer any of there calls.

I have decided that when the assessor inspects my car I am gonna ask that the panel is replaced with genuine panel from Mitsubishi.

What else should I be checking on my car from now until the inspection?

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:01 pm

i will tell u know its not your crash repairer fault its ur insurance company screwing him down because the insurance company does not want to pay out that is what has happened here ... who are u insured with ?
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:58 am

It's this reason that is someone crashes into my car it better be a write off...
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:04 am

SIX wrote:i will tell u know its not your crash repairer fault its ur insurance company screwing him down because the insurance company does not want to pay out that is what has happened here ... who are u insured with ?

Car is insured with nrma

Return to “New South Wales”