***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

tow bar places in adelaide

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

tow bar places in adelaide

Postby shamoo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:45 am

Heya everyone!

I am wanting to get a tow bar fitted on my car and just wondering if anyone can recommend a place in Adelaide that does it.

I rang Hall Tow bars on main north road this morning n they want $648. Their tow bar is only rated to 1tonne. Im not to sure if this is one piece or if i can take the ball off. And im not sure if they have to cut into the back bumper, which im not keen on.

I can buy a tow bar off ebay from someone in Adelaide which is apparently oem for $150, but then i have to get someone to fit it.

The kind of tow bar im after is one thats hidden. An old member(Troy) had one on his lancer which u never knew it was there. But i cant remember where he said he got it done. His went down under the bumper and then back up, like in a u shape and you could take the ball part off so no one walks past n knocks their knees on it.

If anyone can help me out that would be great!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

Hall at geeps cross 645 was quoted
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Tac89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tac89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 am

Check out www.allinTowbars.com.au they are on Richmond road. I got a quote from them about a year ago. Price seemed pretty good. Can't remember what it was now though haha. Dunno if it was a hidden one also. Sorry I'm a bit brain dead ATM haha.

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 am

Have you priced an OEM tow bar? .We have one on my wife's VRX and when the tongue is removed it is invisible.They are easy to fit no holes to drill except for one hole for the wiring loom plug.You need to pull off the rear bumper to fit in the wiring ECU box but apart from that it was easy.From memory it cost around $500.

PS if you do buy the $150 OEM bar make sure you get ALL the electricals you cannot just wire a plug straight into the tail light wiring as you could do on older cars. :)
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”