***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What would you like to see in the new body Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Yes AWD is faster IF theres excess power to put down, which an economy car doesn't have.

Its not as simple as saying its good in fast cars so it must be good in slow cars.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 pm

All I'm saying is there has always been a huge difference between the impreza and the lancer and sales have never really buckled towards the Subaru ... When I was looking for a car it wasn't what was on the car and the price that sold it coz if I wanted that I like most people would wait until they can afford that car . I think it's because there isn't a market for all though extras in a small mid sized car it's not really needed the lancer has always been the simpliar sister to the impreza . As far as the price difference between the hatch and the sedan , have u ever though subaru are gaining a larger mark up by marking the sedan at the same price of the hatch ???? As Mitsubishi choose to make the sedan cheaper as its cheaper to make ??? Just a thought
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Um...Wasnt the question what youd like to see in a new lancer...? ;)
lol I think so
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Um...Wasnt the question what youd like to see in a new lancer...? ;)
lol I think so
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Since when has the CJ hatch and sedan been different prices? Not when I was selling them.

Agreed with Dire, AWD in a Impreza is useless and mainly there as a marketing ploy. A well set-up FWD like a Focus can drive better than an AWD anyway, it's not like you just throw AWD at something and it makes it better. Without big power it just adds inertia.

Besides, Impreza is ugly and a dog to drive, and getting worse each generation. That's the reason no one buys them, not because they are more expensive or have unnecessary features.

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I think these guys (as well as me) are basically pointing out personal preferences. If you like to take corners hard etc etc than AWD is a better option. If you don't care about cornering etc than FWD. yes some parts are factual but in the end...they are answering the question by saying what THEY think should be in a lancer.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:32 pm

I think we should be talking about how awesome our lancers are and not picking problem with them .... Btw I think mine is pretty damn sweet lol ;D
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Sigh some people still aren't getting the point. AWD doesn't necesarilly mean faster. FWD can out-handle AWD in low power, lightish weight cars, because you can already floor it through corners with FWD (unless, as I keep saying, its poor conditions).

It also sounds like a lot of you just want the lancer to be moved up into a higher price bracket, I think this thread was more about whats missing in the current lancer/whats wrong with it, not just anything that would make it better.

For me, the absolute biggest thing they should improve is the paint quality. No modern car should have paint as flimsy as ours.

Also, I think they should re-think the whole sporback thing. Yes its great, but I think they should either have a normal hatchback or a proper wagon, not the sloped roof.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Dire wrote:Sigh some people still arent getting the point. AWD doesnt necesarilly mean faster. FWD can out-handle AWD in low power, lightish weight cars, because you can already floor it through corners with FWD (unless, as I keep saying, its poor conditions). It also sounds like a lot of you just want the lancer to be moved up into a higher price bracket, I think this thread was more about whats missing in the current lancer/whats wrong with it, not just anything that would make it better. For me, the absolute biggest thing they should improve is the paint quality. No modern car should have paint as flimsy as ours. Also, I think they should re-think the whole sporback thing. Yes its great, but I think they should either have a normal hatchback or a proper wagon, not the sloped roof.

I love the sport back that why I bought it essentially I think the need to review the lights however
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:51 pm

I love it too, but it could hold even bigger stuff if it didn't have that sloping roof.

I wanted a sedan but somehow drove away with a sportback, and I regretted it for a while but eventually realised its great, the only downside being its a tiny bit heavier and its an acquired taste visually :P

I think its about time Mitsu picked up their interior quality a bit too. It shouldn't be too expensive to use some softer plastics around the place (might help reduce the rattles too).

jonno2012es
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jonno2012es » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:51 pm

SIX420 wrote:I think we should be talking about how awesome our lancers are and not picking problem with them .... Btw I think mine is pretty damn sweet lol ;D

I think you're car is pretty sweet too. :)

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my car, the reason I bought it is that it will do everything I need it to do without the expensive price tag.
Low 'N' Slow.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:29 am

Judging by the designs of the new Outlander and Mirage (essentially Colt replacement), I won't keep my hopes high with the upcoming Lancer's looks. I do wish that it won't look worse than the current car. Here are the other things which I think should be included.

1. STEERING WHEEL REACH ADJUSTMENT
2. BETTER CABIN MATERIALS
3. 6-speed manual including Ralliart and Evo (if they will be succeeded)
4. Full-sized spare wheel (at least for turbo models)
5. USB compatibility and Bluetooth audio streaming for MMCS
6. Tyre pressure monitor integrated to MMCS as well
7. Hand brake on the correct side
8. Direct injection to help improve fuel economy

I wouldn't wish for 4WD on NA models as I find two extra drive wheels useless without the right power and torque. It can only worsen acceleration and fuel efficiency due to extra weight and more moving parts.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “General Talk”