***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

eshanes
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby eshanes » Thu May 09, 2013 6:22 pm

I got a little bored and had some spare LED strips, so now I have floor illumination! First time I've deviated from the red/black theme so I'm not sure if it'll last or will eventually be swapped out for red LEDs.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu May 09, 2013 10:19 pm

eshanes wrote:I got a little bored and had some spare LED strips, so now I have floor illumination! First time Ive deviated from the red/black theme so Im not sure if itll last or will eventually be swapped out for red LEDs. [img:97230ab47c]http://www.clubcj.net/img/images/20130509175312_IMG_20130509_170434.jpg[/img:97230ab47c]
how hard was that to do ?
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri May 10, 2013 8:42 am

I used the meguires clay bar kit on mine it works well :)
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup

2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Fri May 10, 2013 9:34 am

TrojanHorse wrote:Awesome :/ lol. I was wanting to see about getting another wax for after it cause Ive got meguiars wet look cleaning polish but thats not making the water bead still (might be that it needs clay barring, I dunno) has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations on what they use? I thought the best thing would be a proper pure carnauba wax but the pure wax in a tin from mothers is $40! There is a liquid bottle of the same stuff which is $27 but didnt know if that still wouldnt be great cause of the formula. Interested to hear what others use and the result..

You should use the actual meguires polish, the one you rub in with your hand, that makes the water bead, trust me, i do it on my car, sometimes the panels go perfectly dry
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Fri May 10, 2013 11:09 am

1. Pasti dip badges black
2. Washed car
3. Clay bar the car ( awesome everyone should do it)
4. Polished
5. Wax x2
6. Really just a full detail :)

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Fri May 10, 2013 11:40 am

Erin you need to go see RyanMK. I need to get him to finish off my car. I love how smoothe my door feels!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Awesome :/ lol. I was wanting to see about getting another wax for after it cause Ive got meguiars wet look cleaning polish but thats not making the water bead still (might be that it needs clay barring, I dunno) has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations on what they use? I thought the best thing would be a proper pure carnauba wax but the pure wax in a tin from mothers is $40! There is a liquid bottle of the same stuff which is $27 but didnt know if that still wouldnt be great cause of the formula. Interested to hear what others use and the result..

I've got a few different waxes and sealants that I'm happy to let you try out.

shamoo wrote:Erin you need to go see RyanMK. I need to get him to finish off my car. I love how smoothe my door feels!

Hopefully sometime next week if you're free? I have a ton of assignments which are due this week, but I should have a short free window after that.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 pm

I've got a few different waxes and sealants that I'm happy to let you try out.

shamoo wrote:Erin you need to go see RyanMK. I need to get him to finish off my car. I love how smoothe my door feels!

Hopefully sometime next week if you're free? I have a ton of assignments which are due this week, but I should have a short free window after that.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

eshanes
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby eshanes » Fri May 10, 2013 1:22 pm

SIX420 wrote:[quote:77fc0976ce=eshanes]I got a little bored and had some spare LED strips, so now I have floor illumination! First time Ive deviated from the red/black theme so Im not sure if itll last or will eventually be swapped out for red LEDs. [img:97230ab47c]http://www.clubcj.net/img/images/20130509175312_IMG_20130509_170434.jpg[/img:97230ab47c][/quote:77fc0976ce] how hard was that to do ?

I wouldn't say it was difficult, it was quite time consuming though as I'd consider myself an electrical novice so I spent a lot of time triple checking things. I tapped into a fuse behind the glovebox and there's a hole at the back of each footwell so I just fed the wires through there. It's only on a switch, I didn't even try to get into the dome light circuit. It's my first lighting mod and I get the feeling there'll be more!

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby byzon3 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Received uk \'X\' badge to put next to the wording evolution on boot and received \'FQ\' badge to replace MR badge

Return to “General Talk”