***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* EBC Pads & RDA Rotors

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:24 am

Redstuff rears aren't in the country daveee. My local RDA stockist checked it out and they reckon it'd have to be a special order from overseas and take 5-6 weeks to come in by sea freight with RDA's normal shipments...

Currently I'm checking out maybe just sourcing them directly from the US kater this year when I buy them, although I think RDA are from the UK so might look for a UK stockist.

Also I've noticed RDA grooved and dimpled rotors cost about $560 here but i've seen them for less than $200US for EBC ones (I'm guessing RDA rotors are EBC rotors). So I cant see postage adding up past this given my extractors only cost $100US in shipping :lol: Be interesting to see what prices ofey can get off RDA directly though....

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 am

Yeah I'm not sure. They are packaged under RDA generally so some of them might be made here but you never know.

$200US is fairly good, even if it is $100 for shipping that is still only $360AUD if you get them @ 80cents conversion rate.

Just gotta make sure the US rotors will fit our cars as they may be different for their markets. If they are $560 here from your local place I dare say we aren't going to get them that much cheaper unless that price is for fitting them too.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:40 am

Can anyone else confirm part no.s like the way:
Mr ©harisma wrote:
With EBC green stuff I had a quick look and found ( make sure before buying!! )- for 2008-2009 CJ

Front pads for everything from ES to Ralliart are:
Part Number DP21614

Rear pads for ES / Ralliart ( not sure about VR )
Part Number DP21563

Rear pads for VRX
Part Number DP21407

Slotted rotors from the above in slotted and dimpled are:
Fronts to suit ES ( again not sure if VR )
Part number GD7379

Front to suit VRX
Part number GD7380

Thats what I found quickly. Perhaps someone could triple check.

Anyone know the numbers for the Red Stuff?
And as for Ryan_C, do you know your rotors part numbers?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Just got off the phone with the RDA guy. *finally*
Sounds like a pretty amiable kind of guy who respects what we're trying to achieve.

Alot of the part numbers Mr ©harisma gave though, he needed to check so all he could give me were his possible price for the brake pads first:

Front pads for everything from ES to Ralliart are:

Green Stuff : Part Number DP21614 = A$140
RRP = A$180-190
Red Stuff : Part Number DP31614 = A$155
RRP= $215-220

I'm out of the loop on such things, can someone confirm if this is a good price?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Red stuff pads can be had for $90-$100USD. Haven't investigated getting from the UK as of yet, I'd imagine around the 40-50UKP. Shipping from the UK is generally a lot cheaper than from the US.

Will have a dig around now.

Edit: 50 pounds for red stuff DP31614C which are for the 2009 Galant/Lancer/Fortis/whateveryouwanttocallit

Slightly cheaper than getting from the US. Postage I'm guessing 10-20pounds for a set. So roughly $120-140AUD. See if you can get the RDA guys to sharpen their pencil a bit more ofey!

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:55 pm

ofey wrote:Red Stuff : Part Number DP31614 = A$155
RRP= $215-220

I'm out of the loop on such things, can someone confirm if this is a good price?

I can pick them up in Wollongong for $175 and I haven't even tried to talk them into a bundled price for rotors and pads.

So for the effort of you picking them up and then adding on shipping for us its still going to cost $165-170 posted interstate.

Maybe see if you can get $145 for pickup or $155 door-to-door for interstate members?? I think if my local place can take a cut off the top and pay for shipping, then RDA directly should be able to do us a pricing structure like that.

Money is a bit tight at the moment so I'm into 100% in on this, will try and juggle some of my shares (all these damn capital raisings from companies were too tempting :lol: ) around though to get in on this if its a good buy.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Prices on the EBC Slotted Dimpled Rotors GD7380 is 103 pounds.

So

$100~ for pads
$200~ for rotors

Lets say $100 for shipping. $400 for new rotors + pads.

At that sort of cost you can bring in 2 sets of each at under $1000AUD.

Slightly cheaper to go through the UK so long as this place is willing to ship internationally (their contact form on the website has a country field which is probably good news) - this without any negotiation on our part yet.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Make that $500 though for F&R pads and F rotors (I really dont see the point in going for rear slotted rotors apart from cosmetic reasons)...

That sounds like the way to go though!!

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah I wouldn't touch the rear rotors at all, not worth it unless you were at the track every second weekend.

I can't find any info on red stuffs for the rear of a VRX. Found ES/VR/Ralliart on a US website, but searching the part numbers doesn't bring up anything on the UK website. They are roughly $20USD cheaper, so maybe 10 pound cheaper in the UK making it around $480AUD.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:33 pm

These are the part numbers I got off the EBC site on the weekend (for a USDM GTS):

EBC Red Stuff Pads:
DP31614C Front
DP31407C Rear

EBC Grooved and Dimpled Rotors:
GD7380 Front

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Doesn't exist on either UK or US websites I'm looking at for prices.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:06 pm

hmmmm have to email them for a price. Through google i found a few US ones that sell it for about $85US but they don't ship outside of the US by the looks.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Yeah well hopefully I get a reply from this UK site in the coming days. I'll ask them about rear pads when/if they reply.

b3n87
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby b3n87 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:43 pm

dont wana spoil things but not sure if they will ship em overseas because of warranty like on the US Eibach pro kit...... just a thought

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 pm

They will ship them, we just wont have a warranty in Australia.

EBC Australia definitely wont honour it (already checked into it, they need proof it was purchased in Aus...there are ways around this though).

Return to “Group Buys Service”