***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

nixonx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby nixonx » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm

I hate how well the wipers and boot edge catch leaves and stuff...... I also hate how my drinks holder which is to small holds my coins. Had a 5c flip out and fall doing into my handbrake when i was trying to get it out.

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Hate how my sst box doest change when I want under hard acceleration
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:56 pm

nixonx wrote:I hate how well the wipers and boot edge catch leaves and stuff......

+1. :x
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

Dungogvolts
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

I hate not having a rear wiper..

Postby Dungogvolts » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 pm

So far only three things....
1) NO wiper on the rear window makes it really hard to see out the back when the rain does not run off.
2) The demister on the back window takes forever to heat up and clear the window.
3) The air ventilation is just so poor. Not enough in the dash towards the driver and the settings are weird.
Apart from those the car is ok heaps better than my old 20 year old Toyota Camry

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I hate not having a rear wiper..

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Dungogvolts wrote:So far only three things....
1) NO wiper on the rear window makes it really hard to see out the back when the rain does not run off.
2) The demister on the back window takes forever to heat up and clear the window.
3) The air ventilation is just so poor. Not enough in the dash towards the driver and the settings are weird.
Apart from those the car is ok heaps better than my old 20 year old Toyota Camry

Phil just a few suggestion to help with your window fogging up.

Clean your window with a glass cleaning product to remove any oils and dirt from them.

Never touch glass with your skin to remove the fog. It will only make it worst.

Use your air conditioner on when demisting your windows. It removes the moisture out of the air. You can still have the heat on to keep warm.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 am

1. Should've got a sportback. :P
2. Works fine for me.
3. Shut your passenger vents for +20hp on the driver's side vents. :) face and foot setting makes it a little weak too.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am

Dire wrote:

2. Works fine for me.
3. Shut your passenger vents for +20hp on the driver's side vents. :) face and foot setting makes it a little weak too.

1. Yuck not into sportsbacks myself. They look cut off :P Still would like a wiper.
2. Works fine for me too.
3. I found that. Sometimes in summer the air con was on but there was still a lot of heat radiating from the dash and making my face feel hot for some reason. Have to play with the vents to get them to work more efficiently. Nothing wrong with the air con settings. They look just like the Mazda 3s actually.

I find the car better than OK myself. It makes me happy.

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 am

SXLancerMum wrote:
Dire wrote:

2. Works fine for me.

1. Yuck not into sportsbacks myself. They look cut off :P Still would like a wiper.
2. Works fine for me too.
3. I found that. Sometimes in summer the air con was on but there was still a lot of heat radiating from the dash and making my face feel hot for some reason. Have to play with the vents to get them to work more efficiently. Nothing wrong with the air con settings. They look just like the Mazda 3s actually.

I find the car better than OK myself. It makes me happy.

1) I agree with SXLancerMum, would like a wiper.
2) Yep, works fine.
3) No problems here :)

Willisno1
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Willisno1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't know if this has already been said but what about those purposefully drick bottle holders in the door cards. I can't fit my water bottle in properly with out it jabing me in the knee all the time, have to lay it down flat.

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 pm

SXLancerMum wrote:.... 3. I found that. Sometimes in summer the air con was on but there was still a lot of heat radiating from the dash and making my face feel hot for some reason....

I actually took my car back to the dealer twice complaining of broken air con when i first go it, as the air-cons are about as good as a open window in summer, they took readings at all vents and they said they where within thier allowances..... o well just have to sweat in summer.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:02 am

Meaty wrote:[quote:0cbe9e5d08=SXLancerMum].... 3. I found that. Sometimes in summer the air con was on but there was still a lot of heat radiating from the dash and making my face feel hot for some reason....[/quote:0cbe9e5d08] I actually took my car back to the dealer twice complaining of broken air con when i first go it, as the air-cons are about as good as a open window in summer, they took readings at all vents and they said they where within thier allowances..... o well just have to sweat in summer.

I had that with my Bubble. Went to the Mazda dealers and they reckoned it was working fine yet it wouldn't cool the car down at all. They reckoned it was cold enough at the vent as well. I didn't think so. I had it regassed and it worked fine for a while. The dealer I took it to for that thinks there's a very slow leak. It needs regassing again now. My daughter keeps whinging it doesn't cool down enough. Meh there's still a few months till Summer.

The air con in the Lancer works well and sends the cold air into the car but the vents around the driver just don't work as efficiently as they probably could hence the hot face. Hopefully it works ok this Summer.

Daemonic
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Daemonic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:48 am

Meaty wrote:[quote:0cbe9e5d08=SXLancerMum].... 3. I found that. Sometimes in summer the air con was on but there was still a lot of heat radiating from the dash and making my face feel hot for some reason....[/quote:0cbe9e5d08] I actually took my car back to the dealer twice complaining of broken air con when i first go it, as the air-cons are about as good as a open window in summer, they took readings at all vents and they said they where within thier allowances..... o well just have to sweat in summer.

I also had that issue with mine, but for the first week I got mine it was absolutely freezing and then after that there was nearly no cold air coming out of it, just outside temperature.

Dad went mental at the dealer who said they couldn't fit my car in for just over a month and they slot me in 2 days later, replaced the compressor and all of the piping.

All worked fine after that :D
You are now manually breathing.

Striker82
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Striker82 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:11 pm

I am really having a problem with the rattles in my car I havent put 20000 on it yet and when the music is up the plastic on the door trims rattle and cary on cant find the rattle on the passenger side and the dash rattles to any suggestions anyone???

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:32 pm

The damn beeping to let me know i'm in reverse!
All bleeding stops eventually!

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:56 pm

The beeping from when you first turn your car on and you havent got your seatbelt on, seeing as your still sorting yourself out.

Return to “General Talk”