***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Long shot - who wants to swap auto for a manual gearbox?

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Sushi
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sushi » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm

As far as i can tell from my paperwork n warranty stuff, i only have warranty until next year. Both CJ's are 2.0lt, only difference is year n model (ES-VR). Im looking at my options completely before making any decisions, whether thats privately selling the car, trading it in or changing the transmission. N yes if i could go back, i wouldnt have let myself get talked into the manual n over the top car loan by the car dealer. Like i said, just looking at all the options plus cost for each.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Oh so you have someone to swap parts with? Why are you talking about selling parts?

Sushi
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sushi » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 pm

No, there 2010 cj had a smash so its a write off, but they can sell me the box n gear i need to convert sushi to auto. I just need a list of what to get off there car to put in my mine. Then i was just going to sell my manual box n goodies cause i wont need it anymore.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:35 pm

i wouldnt be wasting time or money. but go for it if you think you can do it, just dont make us say "told you so"

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:44 pm

at a minimum you will need the auto box (dah), the interior console components, all associated wiring, the CVT ECU, most likely an Engine CVT reprogram, your Dash cluster would need programming plus possible a new module and what ever else I have left out.

I know you said you BF is a mechanic but the lancers are not like an old kingswood where you bolt the new box in, there is a hell of alot of electronic components that need to be swapped plus reprogramming of computer systems.

I think your biggest hang up could be the reprogramming, hey it may not be needed but my guess is it would do and I doubt mistu would do it for you.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Sushi wrote:No, there 2010 cj had a smash so its a write off, but they can sell me the box n gear i need to convert sushi to auto. I just need a list of what to get off there car to put in my mine. Then i was just going to sell my manual box n goodies cause i wont need it anymore.

No one here will be able to give you an exact list as no one has done the conversion...

Your mechanic mates and bf should know what is needed....

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:03 pm

I think Chubb has put it well. In terms of all the considerations you need to be making.

Let's just say, if your bf is NOT a mitsubishi dealership mechanic, DO NOT do this. It's extreme!
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

97lancer
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby 97lancer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:22 pm

I have an automatic and want a Manuel gear box. Might consider the swap if your keen!

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm

97lancer wrote:I have an automatic and want a Manuel gear box. Might consider the swap if your keen!

Jake what model Lancer do you have?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Swapping cars may be easier.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”