***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Used to sell them, now I bought one!

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:17 am

@ Mitsi...two words...."Reverse Camera"...lol.....Look forward to meeting you guys...you on the kenilworth cruise?

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Hey everyone thanks for your replies!

Damn it I've got something on for the 30th already! I'll see if I can come down to the photo shoot tomorrow if the weather looks alright! I bought a DSLR a few months ago that I haven't used except for going overseas, so keen to start getting some car piccies!

Justin - I moved to Brissie in mid 2008, before that I lived at the same address in the Shire my whole life. St Pats class of 03 :) Hope to go back that way again one day.

Loving the lancer, I spent about two hours setting up the phonebook and mucking around with things :) I can't believe how many options I have for listening to music... radio, music cd, mp3 cd, bluetooth streaming, usb input, auxillary input.... and I've only had smart key for one day and I find it a pain in the arse that I need to get my house keys out at home :P

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Yes, that is a problem we all share :). The key is also fantastic if you have a baby cause you don't have to fiddle around with a key (or finding it down the bottom of the nappy bag).

Might see you tomorrow then :)
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

Marcel
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Marcel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:01 pm

welcome to the club

Marcel
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Marcel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 pm

welcome to the club

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby funnyfi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Welcome! I too have fallen in love with the Liberty Tuned by STI and have it on my shortlist for next car!

Just curious as to why you chose the sportback and not the sedan?

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Hey Eric,

Firstly I ended up going with the lancer over the liberty due to
1. New and under warranty - in 2020 the subie would be 13 years old meanwhile the lancer will still have warranty
2. All the tech - smartkey, bluetooth etc
3. Storage - the liberty has a skiport but not folding seats
4. My girlfriend is short and wasn't comfortable driving the manual, but that 6sp STi box is a ripper

The reason I picked the sportback was mainly again for the storage convenience - while in the lancer sedan you can fold the seats down theres still a bloody great bulkhead there so you cant fit much through anyway. I want to be able to go to Ikea, throw a coupe of bookcases in the back and go home. Or go to Bunnings and buy a wheelbarrow or something. After having fixed rear seats and a small boot in the skyline, the idea of having a big hatch seemed very appealing!

Also, while I was revolted by the sportback when it first came out and still think that the sedan is a more balanced design, I do quite like the look of it in the Ralliart with the big roof spoiler. The problem I've always had with the Ralliart sedan is I felt there was little to distinguish it from the VRX, while at the same time you could say it was trying to look like an Evo. The sportback, I feel, is just its own car and a bit different :)

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Welcome to CCJ :) Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”