***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Which gauge pod to get?

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Forgot to mention on another forum the remark was the RHD gauge pod on the A Pillar wasn't very stable and was prone to falling off!!!!! Definite no no for me after that. What's the point of spending the $$ if it's tacky?

Zereul wrote:Jace, any reason why you didn't go for the extra sensors and adapter on the informeter?

Lets you do boost, oil temp, oil pressure, even seen someone do afr's with it.

Agreed but the cost of the cables/sensors are $120+ each from memory and I figured I'd rather have a boost gauge in front of me. That would also mean I can set the GReddy Informeter Touch up to show other items e.g. temp, tacho + alarm, etc...

As for oil temp/pressure and AFR's, you need to buy lots of random sensors and not all of them are guaranteed to produce the results I'd want. I really wanted an AFR gauge for my car but then it's not too easy to install on a stock downpipe since it requires drilling/welding/etc- something I"m not too keen on just yet! Besides later on I can always do this and swap for the 2-gauge pod.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Anyway I ended up with the Evo X Steering Wheel Carbon Pod from Rexspeed but BE WARNED it doesn\'t suit everyone especially if you are trying to install an AEM digital boost gauge (30-4406). I\'ll post up a new thread and link to it from here explaining why.

Updated: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7818

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Starting to regret the gauge pod since it blocks my in-gear (which is vital for track in the SST).

I'm planning on reverting back to stock and am happy to sell the CF pod if someone is interested- barely used! Cost me a shade over $100 to buy brand new 2 weeks ago.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 pm

stupid question, but you cant adapt a Gear Indicator like they have on bikes?

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Saw this on the US forums and thought it was worthy of a LOL in terms of a few too many gauges:

Return to “Interior”