***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

I just love the RTA

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:33 pm

I was told that the kids no claim bonus is on how many years they have been named on an insurance and nothing to do with years of driving. It used to be on how many years the insurance was in your name only but now if you are named on an insurance then you are deemed to have insurance and are getting your own no claim bonus.

Everyone, no matter what their age, has to still earn their no claim bonus somehow either by getting their own insurance at the lowest discount and getting rewarded every year or by doing time on mum and dads insurance.

Also a few years ago before the lifetime 60% if you had a second car you had to start off at 25% again on that car and earn the 60% even if you had 60% for years on your other car. If you bought a new car you could transfer the 60% to it. They just give you 60% now on all your cars if you've already got it on one and all insurers will give it to you. My 19yr olds car is registered and insured in his name but I am on the insurance as a co-owner since I went halves in the original RX7 we sold to buy the Calais. That way he gets the 60%. He had 60% at the GIO anyway on the RX7 where I was also listed as having a financial interest even though it was in his name.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Mon May 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Bummer. My first rego renewal arrived today. $341 for the rego and $700 for the CTP greenslip.
Not impressed :evil:

Return to “General Talk”