***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Dicksmith Gaming Sellout

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Don't know if you've checked out their facebook but after Dick Smith's little bait and switch stunt - they are now public enemy #1

I'm sure the ACCC will investigated this atrocity, Ive heard ACA are looking into it also.

Staff openly admitted to hoarding everything of real value.
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:10 pm

What an absolute sham!!! After being disappointed at Dick's I went to JB hi-fi and purchased items there to spite DS.

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 pm

you are very correct about that, Woolworths have definitely tarnished the 'Dick Smith' name.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

timdawes
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby timdawes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:40 pm

PsyTrix wrote: Ive heard ACA are looking into it also

that's how you KNOW it's a serious matter :P
you create the sound, we control the voice

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I walked in - only games were on sale today. WHAT?!!? What a waste of a trip...
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Was hoping to pick up a Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Subscription and a heap of Microsoft Points, but they weren't on sale, only the old stock of them before packaging was changed!

Any ways picked up a few things from a country store about 3+ from Adelaide. Picked up a Xbox 360 wireless headset, Rainbow Six Vegas, Borderlands GOTY, UFC 2010 and Fable III all on Xbox 360 at $5 each. Also got F1 2011 on Xbox 360 for $40 and God of War Collection on PS3 and GT5 Prologue for $5 each.

I have heard some items will not be on sale to next week sometime at the cheap prices advertised.

Anyone else pick up anything at the sale?

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:44 pm

nah i got nothing, walked in saw there was only 2 bins worth of stock, being crowded by 20 people all grabbing games and accessories like vultures.. so i walked straight back out. Maybe next week there will be more stock available or maybe just a cover cause there staff grabbed it all who knows.

dubdocker
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby dubdocker » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuqfUrsuBbE[/youtube]

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:13 pm

The other half went to a few stores and picked up a few games... Ended up with x7 various PS3 games for $52
All recent releases were still full price....

All a bit suss, as one DSE store said the sale wasn't until next week and they had nothing out & discounted (which I've also heard is the case for everything else).

It's worth heading to a WOW store as they have 50% pretty much off everything for the next few days.... You can even buy their fixtures, fittings and memorabilia.... lol
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

bettsay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bettsay » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Tarquin wrote: Its worth heading to a WOW store as they have 50% pretty much off everything for the next few days.... You can even buy their fixtures, fittings and memorabilia.... lol

The last time WOW had a sale(receivership sale) they claimed to have 50% of every product in the store.. turns out it was only phone cards and old DVD which were 50% off. Everything else was either marked up or dropped by 5%. Not sure they deserve my money :)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:52 am

WOW is in receivership and is apparently supposed to be selling everything out. A couple of weeks ago someone in Albury said that WOW store there had an "everything must go by 5pm" thing on a Sunday just after their troubles were reported. Don't know if they're still trading or not.

Worth a look I suppose. Not anywhere near a WOW so I suppose it doesn't matter for me. Don't know if there's a Dick Smith anywhere near me now either. I suppose I'll just have to go exploring Bathurst and Orange won't I.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Yeah this sale was a total crock. Even their G27 marked down from $499 to $139 was a crock.
It had been at the Chatswood DSE store on Sunday, which had 3 of them in stock but said it will be on sale on Monday. Another DSE store in the same suburb had run out of them on Sunday with the ticket on the shelf showing the discount.
I had some errands to run y'day morning and figured I'd be close to the Chatswood store (which the website said would open at 9:30). I get there at 9:20am... and store was open. LOL People were clamouring all over each other (literally), I was like watching pigs with their noses in a trough. It was all vey uncouth. I had a look at the hardware section the 3 G27s were gone. I chuckled at my total fail and walked out.

Here's where it gets dodge, I had to be somewhere on the northern beaches that day and passed Warringah DSE store. Thought, WTH I'll pop in and see if they have a G27.
THey sure did! Just the 1. no "mark down" ticket. I waited for the store attendant to finally get off his (clearly) personal call even though I was hovering in his vicinity for some time.
I asked nicely if this was discounted.
He replied with a very curt "No".
I pressed him on the point why the other stores had it on sale?
He responded with, "I don't know. This is THIS store. Do you want it now?"
Puzzled, I asked "what you mean, if I want it now?"
He then told me, I can have it for $300 if I want, otherwise it's not discounted. I thought, totally dodgy brothers...
I turned around put he box back on the shelf, and said "with that attitude, i hope you're one of the first to lose your job in the store restructure".
What a total twat.
On the way back into the city, I passed a in the burbs standalone DSE, not near public transport or teen haunts, so would be a good bet. Pop in, they had 5 of them! The store staff were really helpful and they checked ad re-checked and clearly had not recieved any comms from head office about this item. They checked their printed spreadsheets and what not. Of course I didn't get the item, but at least this store was helpful. i left "happy". However during that time, a couple of people had walked up to buy games and being told "no discount" on new games, just the old stuff. Even though they were on the "leaked" list.
The whole "Sale" was just a shambolic disorganised mess. I was not too cut up as I didn't have my heart set on anything, the G27 was potentially an oppportune impulse buy more than anything.
I've never been a DSE customer, all their stuff was overpriced or marked up stuff you can get from eBay in China, just with a OEM DSE logo on boxes. However crappy Australian businesses like that with overpriced mechandise, deserve to fold and their staff die in a ditch, perhaps they might learn a lesson or two for taking the Australian public granted. I do all my shopping from the US, have done so for ages.

I hope DSE learn a valuable lesson that you cannot use social media to drop hints and rumours and let it spiral out of control without it biting you on the arse.

"Dick Myth" are having another "sale that never was" this week. cue the lolz.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”