***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Grazed another car - was quoted $600 to repair?!?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks for the replies guys...

So I informed him (in a nice way) that even my insurance company advised me that transport is his responsibility. If you look at it this way, if I went through insurance - they would not pay for his transport - even if he has car hire - its something HE has to do, nothing to do with me.

He got quite annoyed and threatened to escalate it with his insurance company - which he already told about the 'accident' even though I told him I would like to settle it out of insurance.

We shall see how this goes, as far as I am concerned, I am not obliged to pay for his $153 taxi fare. I've already paid for the repairs and I think he went through an assessment of damage with his insurance. Paid the first quote that was given to me (right after I was informed of it) so my insurance thinks I should be in the clear. Even if I'm not in the clear, I can always go through my insurance and get my car fixed :)

The repair ended up being $481 only as well - he quoted me $600 at the start. :)
Last edited by milobob on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:38 am

some insurers pay for taxis to and from the repairer, mine does NRMA, but hey, i think youve done enough to satisfy a fair person bruno.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:44 am

Yup, to and from the repairer even mine does that. But he wants a taxi to and from his house to the airport and back. He was originally going to ask me to pay for a $300 car hire for the whole week.

I didn't like the way and tone of his demands. If he had asked nicely, this might have been a different story.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:46 am

whaa??, screw that :(
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 am

Re the price to repair.
You have to consider the work involved to get the car back to A1 condition with full waranty and no negative feedback from the owner of the car.
In other words, Do it properly.
-Bumper needs to be removed as well as all the plastic addon vents and what not.
-Sand bumper
-Fill any deep scratches with ultra fine filler
-Sand filler
-Mask of any areas.
-Spot primer the area with 2pac high fill primer
-Sand primer
-Spray whole bumper with black pearl (insert colour code here) basecoat
-In some cases with pearl duco's, surrounding panels need to be wet rubbed with 1200 and the colour to be blended out over these panels.
If this is the case, the bumper is refitted before spraying the basecoat colour. If not then it goes into the spray booth off the car.
-Then Spray 2pac clear and bake for 1 hour at 60deg.
-Then refit.

This is where $600 comes from.
It's a bugger I know but what price do you put on materials, overheads and an hourly rate??????
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

Return to “Exterior”