***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW - 10/09/11 - Cruise to Mt Panorama / Bathurst.

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:12 am

It was a select few and a former member from here that decided they wanted to race through traffic on the freeway leaving a group of CLubCJ members including myself back a couple of k's in traffic with bugger all idea on what turn to take.

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 am

aww yeah screw that... pass :D i like driving in a group its more fun almost like a parade lol (childish i know)

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 am

I totally agree mate traveling in a group looks great, however it is actually illegal as far as I know to travel in a convey. For that reason we like to run our cruises responsibly by having CB radios in all cars so the tail car can let the rest of the group know if other traffic is over taking.

Plus it is always fun to hear the crap MiztaB comes up with while on the road :P

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:21 am

haha oh gosh... we are in for it i take it? you think we could just put a transmitting device to an AM radio station so we can all hear? cause this just sounds to good to miss lol....
although i gotta admit i do like to have my fun with being a bit of a dick and speeding off sometimes or taking off like a hod-lum.... but hey who doesnt when they drive a car with a bit of power :) but racing... nar not my cup of tea... only thing i raced is an R33 and that thing was modded to the S&#$ house lol to bad he was a terrible shifter and didnt know how to drive.... bloody toss bucket... anyway thats off topic lol
i gotta say it sounds like this will be alot of fun but maybe we should let the MPS crew go around mt pana before us in case of cops or if they wanna race lol.... Just a suggestion

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 am

Lol Justin but it was not the whole MPS group just a small selection, but at the same time there were some ClubCJ members pushing up the front also.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:07 am

Chubb wrote:I totally agree mate traveling in a group looks great, however it is actually illegal as far as I know to travel in a convey. For that reason we like to run our cruises responsibly by having CB radios in all cars so the tail car can let the rest of the group know if other traffic is over taking. Plus it is always fun to hear the crap MiztaB comes up with while on the road :P

The Ferrari club travels in convoy. Now that's a parade that I love looking at. They've been through here. Sooooo pretty :)

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 am

ok. well those people that were in the MPS club are now gone.
the people going on this run are much more sencible, ok there is one guy with a MPS who has double the power of a Lancer, but still drives safe, Speeding yes, but they only ever do 5-10ks over WHEN SAFE.

there will also be a chick in a Mazda 2 with her son, and he hates that kind of driving, and she has never had a problem with the MPS people (hell, on one cruise i had trouble keeping up)

the problem was lack of communication between the two clubs, this is bound to happen when you get two different groups people. im sure the very first cruise you went on felt like that two.

We even have the same problems in our vintage car club and we never speed (cant) or drive stupid and we still get members who get lost.

If you guys dont want to cruise with the MPS guys not a problem.

Chubb wrote: however it is actually illegal as far as I know to travel in a convey.

Kinda True, as long as you leave a gap in front and behind to allow other cars in it is fine.

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:31 pm

yeah thats fair enough mate, generally im lucky to be much over 10km/h unless well yeah...
anyway im happy with either im just not a fan of being cut off or ppl not indicating :) simple enough right? do either tho and im a cannon i just go nuts with rage lol i donno just something about cutting somone off just isnt right and annoys me... doesnt even have to be towards me and it annoys me... oh well ill pump my tunes more so i can relax (Y)

but nar either way i think it will be fun, i saw a ferrari club once.... damn... they were with some lotus's and wow they went past us like a bat our of hell was mental! HSV club with ferraris... doesnt end well....

anyway it sounds like it going to be a lot of fun and considering its going to be my first cruise with this club should be a ball i reckon (Y) give me RA a good run for its money.... :)

question why would you take a mazda 2 with a child in it to an MPS run? :S doesnt make much sense :S maybe i missed something

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Why not take a Mazda 2 :P

The 2 probably goes on cruises with someone from the MPS club when there are normal Mazda cruises. Wouldn't worry about it being left behind either. They're not gutless. And they're safe.

Every time my son took his RX7 on Mazda cruises it played up. It was happy when it went on nice sedate Historic Car Club ones though :)

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm

yeah driven the mrs' Mazda 2 and its brilliant just didnt expect it to be in the middle of an MPS cruse lol then again he/she is probably laughing at all the MPS's due to fuel consumption lol

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:54 pm

why do we get Magnas on our runs, why do we get XR5s, (coz we cant get rid of Shane), but not so much about the cars its about the people you meet.

Ive been on a few MPS runs and im a Lancer, my dad goes and he has a Golf R, they have RX8s go and they arnt a MPS.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 pm

I have to backflip on the MPS thing I have to admit. I probably went off a little half cocked (leave it alone Ben :P )

I have had a good chat with the new cruise organiser and they are well aware of what happened with that MPS / CCJ cruise and I have a commitment that they will do their utmost to not let it happen again. The instigators of the last one have indeed moved on.

Remember on a cruise your instinct is to try and keep up with the person in front of you, so if the front runners are being stupid the rest will just try and keep up.

I am in either way, but it might be worth giving the MPS guys a 2nd chance :)

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:01 pm

i will just assume that CCJ will follow MPS and end up meeting the ACT guys at Oberon?

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:04 pm

But it must also be said Shane it was a joint cruise, and both the MPS club and ClubCJ members where at fault. I would personally love to join the MPS guys again, it is nice to do a cruise with some cars that arn't lancers :P

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

bd-850 wrote:i will just assume that CCJ will follow MPS and end up meeting the ACT guys at Oberon?

Looks that way Ben... then when we get to Bathurst we have a bbq, and they go into the warm and have their expensive lunch :P

Return to “New South Wales”