***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The reason we shop online and buy from OS

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:40 pm

darren think u posted in the wrong thread amigo
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:13 pm

darren1011 wrote:http://www.r1concepts.com/c-131-brake-rotors.aspx?trk_msg=V7GI1PAFKVGKN65BNPE8JC7IOK&trk_contact=7EN4JAMA974APIRF6I4PLDUIG4&utm_source=&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.r1concepts.com%2fc-131-brake-rotors.aspx%23Ge47|&utm_campaign=Ends+Today%3a+Take+16%25+Off+Your+Entire+Purchase&utm_content=Today%3a+Take+16%25+Off+Your+Entire+Purchase#Ge47|

LOL wrong thread bro
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Not really, why wouldn't you go overseas for these types of add ons

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:01 pm

darren1011 wrote:Not really, why wouldnt you go overseas for these types of add ons

True - but if you read the thread from the start you will see this is one example I have had dealing with a local supplier that hasn't gone well so far. Hence the title; its not really about over seas suppliers :)
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:28 am

So got this response from Josh, the owner of CP-E this morning:

We received the payment fully processed and not pending as of this morning. The pallet is being packed as we speak. Tracking will be in the next day or two.

So it looks like I MIGHT ACTUALLY GET IT! *dance*

Now I'm trying not to get too excited, I'm not going to believe it until its actually in my hands, but this is the best news I've had so far. Hopefully this saga is finally drawing to a close. Man I hope this exhaust sounds good :lol:

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:15 am

theres a video on you tube of that bad boy, it sounds like a full blown rally car. im sure it will sound awesome and hopefully add some kw

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:21 am

Yeah I saw that video - sounds pretty mean. I still think its too hard to judge from youtube however. I know the difference with my current setup is huge just by swapping cats. I hope it sounds nice and clean like Miltons.

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:02 am

UPDATE - So it all seemed to be going well. Everything was getting packed and ready to send apparently. I decided I'd just make sure CP-E had the order right, and were sending the exhaust system with the extra resonator, as I had originally told Aaron at MPS about 6 billion times.

Of course not! They said 'no we have an order for the standard one' . Why did I not see this coming earlier. I don't suppose I can blame this new guy Daniel for this or CP-E, they were just ordering what they thought i requested.

It all goes back to this dodgey Aaron I believe. I spoke to him, at length, on at least 4 occasions, highlighting that I wanted the system with the extra resonator. He told me " I always get the quietest option for exhaust systems as my standard order. If people want a loud exhaust I tell them to go to Blacktown."

So now the order is held up because of this. Apparently the extra resonator isn't a standard order so it means a longer lead time, and of course, MORE WAITING! Ahhhhhhh!!! What a bloody nightmare.

I've just told them to throw the extra resonator in the shipment and I'll get it fitted over here, I don't want to wait an extra 6 months...

The saga continues. Lets see what happens next.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:33 am

far out dude, i hope the exhaust sounds exactly how you want it too once you get it.
im having trouble getting mine fitted for a decent price.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:44 am

I got an email from Daniel (the new MPS) guy and he said if they give me the extra resonator and I have it fitted here it will void warranty. It will also cost me $100 extra. I said i don't care I just want the resonator on it, the RA is a reasonably loud car anyway, and if its anywhere near as loud as the UR system it will need as much quieting down as possible!

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:28 pm

personaly i dont see the point of a warranty on an exhaust, so long as the quality is in the product u can see much going wrong with it.

i got a minor issue with a resinator i got online, i paid for it on the 2nd and i havent heard a thing in over 4 days, and they are based in sydney.
seriously what ever happened to proper customer service.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:22 pm

R4LLI4RT wrote:personaly i dont see the point of a warranty on an exhaust, so long as the quality is in the product u can see much going wrong with it. i got a minor issue with a resinator i got online, i paid for it on the 2nd and i havent heard a thing in over 4 days, and they are based in sydney. seriously what ever happened to proper customer service.

Yeah warranty not a big concern. If the CP-E stuff looks as good in person as it does online im sure it will be great. Just sucks now as I've had to pay extra for the resonator, and I'll have to pay to get it welded on :x I'll probably just drive around for a while without it and see how bad it is. I really don't believe them when they tried to tell me their exhausts weren't that loud lol My car is freaking loud with the high flow cat and a modified muffler! Its going to howl with a straight through system!

Did you buy from ebay, or a shop? GIve them a call, usually quickest and easiest.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:27 pm

ebay.
i just emailed them saying there add says 2 days postage after payment and its been 4 days now.
:-(

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 am

nick any updates on this saga?

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Nah I'm still hassling them for an ETA. I had an email yesterday from this new Daniel guy saying he is waiting on a reply from the USA :(

Return to “General Talk”