***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

got jipped

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 am

From the QLD website:
Cooling-off period

The cooling-off period is the period of time in which the buyer can end the contract without large penalties. When you buy a used car from a motor dealer, a cooling-off period of one business day applies.

A cooling-off period does not apply to the purchase of new vehicles.

If you take possession of the vehicle during this time, you lose your right to a cooling-off period. However, you can take the vehicle for an independent mechanical inspection and test drive the vehicle during the cooling-off period.

The cooling-off period applies to all used motor vehicles except when the sale is:

on consignment on behalf of consumer (unless the vehicle owner is a motor dealer or auctioneer)
to another motor dealer
done by auction
done privately.
A dealer cannot refuse to grant you a cooling-off period.

So, if you take possession the cooling off period is null and void...

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I think it's still worth calling the dealer to get a straight answer. I'm betting it's really just a way to get rid of old stock and they've stuck on a few accessories here and there to pass it off as a 'new model' of some sort.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Hey mate, I just checked my papers and it's pretty much the same deal.

I'm guessing that it's merely that the RX is nothing more than a ES spec badged with the RX. In terms of build, mine was built just days after I ordered it and I got mine off the boat.

Anyhow, all my paperwork matches up from the very start from when I put down my deposit. VIN number is the same all the way through and it's description is always as an ES.

I don't know if you got it, but ask for the Vehicle Enquiry Details for your order. It'll give you order date, price date, build date etc. Your dealer should be able to release that to you.

My build date was 09/09 but MY10 spec as well. Don't think there's anything wrong. It's just a small technicality.

At least it's not like the previous "GSR" specs with a "GSR" sticker instead of a proper badge on previous model Lancers... *shudder* those were horrible. Disgrace to the GSR badge as well...

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Carmakers often throw on extra gear to get rid of run-out models.. I bought an XR6 when all the run-outs were re-fitted with leather seats at the dealership to move the vehicles... even though it was a base trim vehicle, specified on the plate, all the trims were removed and upgraded.

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:05 pm

The last few years, the falcon had the "SR" with 7 grand of extra features - larger wheels, suspension, leather interior, but these cars were basic spec with those upgrades. Ford would have paid buckley for these parts (spare parts bin from other extinct models) and dealers put these parts on for run out models only, but as stated by other people before - the car is still known on all paperwork as the basic spec name.

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:00 pm

yer i know the RX is the same as an ES but what im saying is it was brand new just came from the boat still had plastic wrap every where but they said to me it's an MY10 09 build MY10 yes it came with black lights spoiler and alloys but my plate says 08 build this is what has really pissed me off, and thank you to all for your support i will be dealing with this tomorrow and im not leaving that dealership without a good deal

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Um...hey Ben, just quickly... I'm uploading photos in a sec of my different plate. You may have to double check... I think you may have made a mistake... give me a few minutes.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Upload some photos of your build plates Ben. On each side B-Pillar

matchstick
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby matchstick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:07 pm

You should actually be looking at the VIN number for the manufacture date.

MOST of the parts on the 10 are still 08 parts.

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:10 pm

This is my plate under the hood...

This is my passenger side (B-pillar) plate...

You should be looking at the B-pillar plate, as Sir-VRX, pointed out. The "M08" on the plate under the hood is not the build year.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:12 pm

The VIN number (without Mitsubishi translating it) doesn't show the build date to us. The only build date you will get is off the build plate. There is also the compliance plate.

The build date and compliance date are different.

In Ben's case, the build date may be in 2008, but the compliance might be in 2009, meaning he did get what he paid for.

and kinesis, you also have the compliance plate located on the Drivers B-Pillar

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 pm

sigh why bother posting if someone removes your post
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:23 pm

@ adrian if it's not an My10 then its not what i paid for

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Are you sure you posted correctly? 3 posts happened within 2 mins so maybe yours got lost? When did you post?

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:26 pm

if i waited 1 year i would of got a ralliart
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”