***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Friday Night Meets - Locations & Ideas Thread

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Friday Night Meets - Locations & Ideas Thread

Postby 86MIM » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 am

Hijacked this thread to use:

SEQ Club CJ Friday Night Meets

As we have started to arrange more frequent Friday night gatherings, I'd like to use this thread as an Ideas, Locations & Dates discussion area. To be able to suggest possible meeting places and 'short' cruise ideas which could be considered for the Friday gatherings....

The Friday night events have been quite well attended, so the general aim is to meet around 7-8pm and then... do what-ever...
SIR-VRX wrote:to have a small meet to talk crap, show off mods, go grab some grub etc.

The North-South divide with SEQ members means that I'd still like to see an alternate or balance the use of different start locations. There does seem to be more Southside members, so I can uderstand it being toward that end of town more often, but the City and a central meet point and a cruise to a location could also be used.

Please do not use this thread to organise an event. Start a new EOI type thread for the date/location and we'll see how it expands. If there is enough notice given and enough people, I'll add the date into the Club CJ Calendar of Events so that can be used and linked as a separate thread for the event itself.

SIR-VRX wrote:Everybody, feel free to suggest other locations with ample parking and facilities for everybody.

Enjoy yourselves !!!

Tarquin

*BUMP*

Hello all!

As there has been quite a bit of commotion about meeting on a Friday night somewhere in Brisbane, I�ve done some oogling on the Brisbane City Council website for information relating to parks and public spaces. Here�s the low down on, what one would suppose, the most frequented public spaces. If people want more information, I�m happy to try and find it.

On the RIGHT hand side of the screen, you will find a list of parks � PLENTY TO CHOOSE FROM: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE::pc=PC_1194

In the event that we want to hold a function/event in Brisbane these are the Standard Booking Conditions: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE::pc=PC_1201

For Bookings: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE::pc=PC_1194

So maybe the next step is a schedule of events, which could be organised at a meet where there are people to participate in the decisions. As they say variety is the spice of life!

Kym xD[/url]
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 am

what a great idea kym. well done on tracking down the info as well. im keen to help organise something. maybe select a location and organise a bi-annual bbq or something where we can raise a bit of awareness of the club, get a few more members or something similar
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 am

Sounds good to me! Even maybe once every three months or something. We could go north to South (or the other way around...:wink:) Nambour, Reddy, Mt Gravatt and somewhere else on the south side...4 in one year? Well, I don't know many places on the south side... :lol:
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.

ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:53 am

great idea. worth discussing at the meet next friday. maybe get some of the senor club cj people involved in organising it to make sure its all above bored and the club is happy with it. maybe 4 people, 1 from each area to organise it, liase with the council and what not so no one person is being smashed with the work load and we could do drinks and a bbq with all the profits going back into the club or something.

*waits for adrian and tryg to join in discussion*
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,

Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me!

There are really lovely picnic/BBQ areaa around my local area... by the lovely Bay looking out at the islands. However, might be a bit of a hike for the northsiders hehe

Redcliffe gets close with the facilities, but the view is better down here :P

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:46 pm

good work

hold onto the idea we will have a big discussion on Friday night and get a few regulars and new peoples ideas together
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue May 11, 2010 12:14 am

Hijacked this thread to use:

SEQ Club CJ Friday Night Meets

As we have started to arrange more frequent Friday night gatherings, I'd like to use this thread as an Ideas, Locations & Dates discussion area. To be able to suggest possible meeting places and 'short' cruise ideas which could be considered for the Friday gatherings....

The Friday night events have been quite well attended, so the general aim is to meet around 7-8pm and then... do what-ever...
SIR-VRX wrote:to have a small meet to talk crap, show off mods, go grab some grub etc.

The North-South divide with SEQ members means that I'd still like to see an alternate or balance the use of different start locations. There does seem to be more Southside members, so I can uderstand it being toward that end of town more often, but the City and a central meet point and a cruise to a location could also be used.

Please do not use this thread to organise an event. Start a new EOI type thread for the date/location and we'll see how it expands. If there is enough notice given and enough people, I'll add the date into the Club CJ Calendar of events so that can be used and linked as a separate thread for the event itself.

SIR-VRX wrote:Everybody, feel free to suggest other locations with ample parking and facilities for everybody.

Enjoy yourselves !!!

Tarquin
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:33 pm

i`d like to suggest nudgee beach, its just off the gateway motorway 4 minutes from (2 if u own an evo) the maccas truck stop, so its easy for both northerners and southerners (poor souls)
it has a toilet for the ladies, it has FREE electric barbies, shelter sheds, away from the madding crowd, plenty of parking, and a nice quiet little kilometer to breath some air into the beasts if inclined.
above all its FREE!
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 pm

doesn't sound too bad
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007

JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:53 pm

its quite good, if we are there for a daytime there is a nice mangrove walkway there also. place to fish at hightide and heaps of space
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:44 pm

yeah, plenty of grass and a play area for the kids.

blakey, the mangrove boardwalk is awesome at night too (spooky), i go there every morning to RE create :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm

so when is the next friday meet or next cruz?

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:32 pm

I would like to suggest one at the Wynnum Manly water front near the Darling Point Special School...

It would be nice to have one down that way so I can actually attend :(

It's really pretty down that way near the water too :) There is also an undercover area with seating, public toilets and BBQ facilities too....
(cj-grey)Ride of the Month April 2011
My ride thread: Click here!
My garage: Click here!

Striker82
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Striker82 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:00 pm

I live in Naranga and would like to join one of these meets so pick a place please :lol: Not only that Im a shift worker at the airport 4 days on 4 off being 2 days 2 nights 6 till 6 so I have a mental job and I sometimes end up working weekends :cry:

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Kimmy wrote:I would like to suggest one at the Wynnum Manly water front near the Darling Point Special School...

It would be nice to have one down that way so I can actually attend :(

It's really pretty down that way near the water too :) There is also an undercover area with seating, public toilets and BBQ facilities too....

Yeah it's a nice spot around there. Or near the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat club on Trafalgar Street in Manly. Would be nice.

Return to “Queensland”