***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ Brisbane - Friday Night Meets...

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:45 pm

arutha wrote:one of my favourite meeting spots (until it got announced on ACA and then the cops closed it down) is along the water at west end. plenty of parking and you have the river as a back drop for excellent photo's. it use to be the place to go on a thursday night to talk to other car nutters and then we'd all moved out to the airport and then to various other locations...*sigh* ah the good ole days

are you thinking of Orleigh Park (on Orleigh Road)? I work near that park, it is fantastic for space :)
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 pm

hahaha thats the one
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm

well that sucks that a meet can't be there..... what if.., for those that work close to town meet there one friday arvo, then motor over to somewhere else before the coppers show up? lol... a pre-meet to a meet?
kii

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:10 pm

wont they only show up if they know about it, and if you are doing nothing illegal then why does it bother?
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Rob_RA
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Rob_RA » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Kym sounds good, office is in the city so let me know where and when

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Rob_VRX wrote:Kym sounds good, office is in the city so let me know where and when

Well, if everyone is generally happy to meet up at the Mt Grav lookout next Friday (or whenever :D), then at knock off those Fridays :)

Blakey wrote:wont they only show up if they know about it, and if you are doing nothing illegal then why does it bother?

Experience speaking here. The issue is that when there are large groups of people (ie club members) that "prowl" areas, the neighbours tend to get itchy phone fingers in anticipation that "something" might be going on. Now, the average of houses in West End are about 600k - the thought of "something" possibly happening is a scary thing to rich folk. Plus police have "moving on powers".

Although there are many nice cars in the area, and that park is very rarely used, we would all be considered a "public nuisance" just waiting to happen. I for one would not like to be held responsible in any part for this club getting a bad rep, even if we were not doing any wrong...
kii

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:44 pm

The locations I linked on Page 3 were posted as ideas and suggestions to consider locations more towards the city.... They don't have to be used.

I'm with Kym too - I've got to drive a distance to get to any of these meets, and that's half the effort, and reason.... It almost sounds like you Southsiders don't want to cross the river...:) Come North for a drive....:)

Nundah Park Yes, this is sort of no where near anything... I just saw the track.... lol
Toombul is just next door though (M'ds and lit carpark etc), and still close to the Gateway for the Southsiders to pay the toll.

It's going to be pitch nlack there anyhow... Toombul carpark would be the better location.

Plenty of parks and parking around West End... St. Lucia.... City & Valley cruises after....? Southside drive to join via Indoorpilly...
Hill End Tce. Car Park

This one too.... The hockey complex would probably be in action... Park is on the water.... Sports backdrops.... lol....
Morningside Park

Meet where-ever people.... Adrian... make a call. Too late for a vote.... lol

I'd like to think that these casual Friday night meets would end up in a short cruise or so, loop of an area and then end up for a coffee, or meal or cleansing ale... So, where we meet is sort of moot in anycase.

We all have to get there from somewhere... getting to a Southside location for 7pm is near impossible. I'd either have to have a flex day or have a bevvie and dinner after work, and then go to the meet.

tryg is from T'Bar... Hotlanc from Coomera... Panther from Sunnie Coast !! I'm at Caboolture.... we're not going to get to all of them.

As as there are more Southsiders to be able to meet more often, it makes sense to be South more often.
Last edited by Tarquin on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Qld Ralliart Lancer
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Qld Ralliart Lancer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm

maybe some time we could try the Wynnum / Manly water front there is parking, lighting, takeaway food places and some good photo areas as well it maybe south side but very close to the Gateway Bridge and motorway also would be good for a afternoon come evening meet, i think it is good to move to different areas and maybe every second meet at Mt Gravatt and then the other move around i agree with Kym you don't want to go we could get a bad rap even if we are doing the right thing

something to think about anyway
The Spirit of Competition

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:51 pm

go here its a nice place. New Farm Park
Last edited by Blakey on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:55 pm

New Farm Park is usually locked at night.... :(:(

Brisbane Powerhouse just behind has some parking, but I'd expect there would be shows on, and full....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.

Tarq's Paintshop

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:11 pm

I happy to pretty much go anywhere, just make it easy to get too.
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Tarquin wrote:New Farm Park is usually locked at night.... :(:(

Brisbane Powerhouse just behind has some parking, but I'd expect there would be shows on, and full....

most of the big proper parks are closed at night. just get there earlier and stay till we get forced to leave.

if all else fails take bolt cutters :D that will fix our problem

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:24 am

i agree with Tarquin. Adrian i think you might need to make a new thread with the details of this meet too clear up any confusion of location and time
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,

Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:42 am

new thread to sort all this stuff out

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=3842
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Ok, so we have a thread to sort it all out, so when and where is the next meet?
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

Return to “Queensland”