***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

This is why QLD government sucks

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

This is why QLD government sucks

Postby Blakey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Damn near got court last week by one of these cameras, I was traveling with the traffic doing bout 108 when the car in front slowed down quickly.

I am used to NSW where you get three massive big signs to size of a colt warning you of an upcoming camera. I also passed a VE SS ute that was a highway patrol car chasing someone.

Queensland scares me now!!!!

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Queensland always scares me,it's full of Queenslanders!!! Bwaaahahahaha (Jokes) - Seriously stealth cameras? Where will it all end? At least NSW does give you some warnings (For now) :shock:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:18 pm

hell we even have 24/7 cameras with no signs at all leading up to them and the camera is conclealed with purpose planted trees

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 pm

All the permanent speed cameras in QLD (Of which there is 5 at the moment) have signs preceding them.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:26 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:All the permanent speed cameras in QLD (Of which there is 5 at the moment) have signs preceding them.

there is a new one near nudgee it has no signs at all, only sign it has is a Emergency phone. then 500m further back a speed sign,

and the camera and flash are partly hidden by trees.

plus it is like NSW cameras that dont have the white lines on the road, its just a black ring.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:57 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:All the permanent speed cameras in QLD (Of which there is 5 at the moment) have signs preceding them.

The one I saw was on the north side of brissy heading to Gympie, I think I remeber my mate spotting the sign but I did not see it. Like I said I am used to warning signs the size of a colt.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:19 pm

I reckon there shouldn't be warning signs, there should be a sign afterwards saying "You have just been through a speed camera, thank you for not speeding." or some such wording.

Don't get me wrong though, I HATE speed cameras with a passion, I very rarely speed any more than 10km/h over the limit now anyway (10+ is when you start losing demerit points in WA)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Blakey wrote:

there is a new one near nudgee it has no signs at all, only sign it has is a Emergency phone. then 500m further back a speed sign,

and the camera and flash are partly hidden by trees.

plus it is like NSW cameras that dont have the white lines on the road, its just a black ring.

It might not be connected up and working yet. I know that they sit there for a while before commissioning. Then the signs go up.

Chubb wrote:The one I saw was on the north side of brissy heading to Gympie, I think I remeber my mate spotting the sign but I did not see it. Like I said I am used to warning signs the size of a colt.

That one has signs, but they are not very big. From memory there are 2 before it. I pass this one every workday haha

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 pm

that is possible adrian, but yer to let people know about it for now, its heading south on the gateway just before nudgee, that is where it is.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Yep that is the one, I am just used to nsw with our high vis speed cameras and high vis unmarked cars, at least they are were I am (VE commodores with large black aerials on the boot and lights on the dash).

eskimo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby eskimo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Having moved up from Vic the land of the hidden cameras, where cameras are positioned in super convenient places like 5 meters after a 60 sign, at the bottom of a hill, after an 80 zone.. this is absolutely no surprise to me.

Hidden camera's rake in millions a year for a government, so it was only a matter of time before QLD got in on the action.

If they really wanted to prevent speeding, they should go the way of NSW where there seems to be a fixed camera every 50meters. You don't speed because you know its there :roll:

I never understood how hiding a camera behind a bush, and then finding out you were 10ks over the limit 4 weeks later prevented you from speeding..

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Blakey wrote:that is possible adrian, but yer to let people know about it for now, its heading south on the gateway just before nudgee, that is where it is.

Mmmm... will have to look into tthis one.... I don't recall any on that stretch - unless its on one of the new huge overhead LED speed signage...
** I do seem to remember a new "speed cameras in use in this area" sign around the Ent.Center exit.... They are always around the regular locations - Kedron etc.

If this is a fixed one, like at Burpengary - the one Adrian drives through out near me - This one at Nudgee should still have the calibration lines painted on each of the laneways, to denote there being a camera there.
**I know the one on the M1 near Mt Gravatt recently had its lines updated to a different design.... :)

eskimo wrote:I never understood how hiding a camera behind a bush, and then finding out you were 10ks over the limit 4 weeks later prevented you from speeding...

I fully agree wth that too... but, from one who does the +10km/h often enough on roads over 90-100km/h, I think I'll be setting the cruise a 'lil bit lower to get under their 6-8% variance rule....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

drake89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby drake89 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm

2 are on the Gold Coast. lol

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:14 am

The QLD Transport site you found your information is very incorrect, Adrian. I know of two other cameras not on the list.

Go figure!

Return to “Queensland”