***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

De-badging

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JA55KO
INACTIVE Member Account

De-badging

Postby JA55KO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:46 pm

hey not 100% sure if this is the right place to post but i was just wondering if anybody could show me how to take the es of the boot???

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: De-badging

Postby Tarquin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:59 pm

JA55KO wrote:just wondering if anybody could show me how to take the es of the boot???

Very carefully..... lol

**I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your car if you attempt anything I did in the section written below....
This is the why I did mine, which is probably not ideal.
I did not end up with any damage - but I did remove mine in the first few weeks of having it, so the tape may have been quite soft still.

I got mine off by getting a blunt knife and wrapping the end in some thin, soft cloth....
Then, without touching or levering the knife on the car, I gently forced the knife under a letter a little into the soft tape and then applied a slow, even force to pull them off and away from the car.
The foam backed tape lifted slowly off the car without leaving much behind at all....
Good clean and wash after and all was good....
*Some tar and spot remover cleaned up some difficult areas of remaining glue....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

homieG
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby homieG » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:41 pm

use a hair dryer to warm the badge up or a heat gun and use some dental floss to carefully peal the badge off. ETA = 2mins!

nickbutterz
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nickbutterz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:12 pm

wait for a warm day or use a hair dryer and then use some fishing line, this is how i did it but i heard it works very well. i used dental floss but im not going to lie it was anoying it kept breaking and then i ran out but good thing i only had like one letter left so i just wiggled the badge and it came off. after removing bage make sure you get rid of the extra glue imediatly

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:47 am

Yep! all of the above, but just rub the remaining glue with your finger, rub gently and it will come off.

JA55KO
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JA55KO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanx to all you guys for the quick response... and yer i managed to get it off with the dental floss doesn't look as cheap as it used to :D

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Any chance of some pics of the car?

And now it prob just looks like your trying to HIDE the fact its an ES. I can tell by looking usually..

JA55KO
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JA55KO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:50 pm

well yer its pretty easy to see that it doesnt have foggies and the secret is out but still even just normally i didnt like the es badge... i got some pix of the car in the garage havent taken any recent ones yet

ZERO COOL
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ZERO COOL » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:38 pm

homieG wrote:use a hair dryer to warm the badge up or a heat gun and use some dental floss to carefully peal the badge off. ETA = 2mins!

Best way if you ask me.

XgunmetalcvtX
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby XgunmetalcvtX » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 am

ZERO COOL wrote:
homieG wrote:use a hair dryer to warm the badge up or a heat gun and use some dental floss to carefully peal the badge off. ETA = 2mins!

Best way if you ask me.

i did the same thing, and the others in my team as well. worked very well in my opinion :D

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:14 pm

gonna go do it... well... soon - lol...

I reckon debadging isn't the same as 'hiding the fact u got an ES'

I can only speak for myself- but I bought the ES cos the VR and VRX had a few features I liked, but not enough to justify the cost increase! lots of the features I didn't want/need...

So makes sense for me, to get an ES - and add on any options I want (body parts, entertainment system, my OWN choice of rims (couldn't justify the price of the VRX rims - or many OEM rims, plus they bored me from the moment I saw them), any performance options I want (ie. none- I like my petrol consumption low - don't need 20% more engine size)

So - I don't wanna go round with "my car's the cheapest of the lot" (ES) on the back reeeally...
Technically it is an ES...
But it's modified... so - it's different to an ES owners car... so... it's not an ES - not saying it's a VR now or a VRX, or that I'd badge it with one of those - but it's slightly custom - not "ES"...

Besides... coulda picked better letters... what's cool about "ES"? not much!

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:40 pm

I debadged my Evo and Civic. It just looks cleaner and sexier. Even BMW/Benz have caught onto this trend and offer debadging as a no cost option (NCO) in their pricing brochures (although I don't think you get to keep the badge if they do it!).

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:14 pm

BMW and Mercedes should offer to bling them onto a chain as a NCO then... you can wear your debadged car emblems!

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:56 pm

I think that will be the next thing I do to my car..
Remove the rear Lancer and Aspire badge.

Return to “Exterior”