***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tadz is in Disbelief...Broken CJ ='(

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah

ALSO! When i went to give the repairer the quote for the parts i showed him the scuff in the wheel and he said he can get that replaced. He rung the place i got it from and now im getting a replacement wheel for the drivers rear side.

Such a shame it wasnt another side, the other side is scuffed like crazy!!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 pm

put the lightly scuffed rim on the other side and use that one as a spare

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Thats what i was thinking, but hes seen it and taken pictures of the damage. This nick is too big to machine out, the other ones are fixable for when i have some disposable income...

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:22 am

Guys im just wondering

As long as though everything goes well with getting the bumper replaced with the RA one...

Would anyone be interested in a standard rear bumper for the ES?

Might need a re coat of paint but i guess you could use it as a test bumper for any mods you wanna do

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:29 am

The repairer generally wants to keep any parts that they pull off the car so maybe bear that in mind....

I want a front bumper.... not the rear :( lol

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:31 am

Ah okay. Well if there is any interest for it, let me know and ill give you a good price for a bumper that is next to perfect other than a few scratches.

If someone is seriously interested ill ask my repairer if its okay to take the part..If not, he can keep it.

Havnt got the space around here lol

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 am

Insurance company owns the part now Michael, you can buy it back from them, but its like paying for a second hand one from wrecker. Just take 20 bucks off the price of a new one and thats what they will charge. :lol:

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:06 am

Hahah fair enough. Guess i lose it then xD

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Guys, im in a bit of a delemma

I can either go for the RA rear bar and have to modify my stock exhaust and have to add the side skirts and at least front air dams for the look to be complete, which would be out of my own money. And have to tell the repairer to order the part with a different VIN which is most likely illegal...

OR

I go and get the Full PMR kit...Would be a better choice in the long run because i dont have to modify the stock exhaust and i can use my vin to order the new rear bumper...

Issue is..

Ive already asked to change the bumper once, I dont want it to seem like im doing a dodgy here and ripping off the insurance company. As ive said before my repairer is very accomodating to my needs, but im not sure how he'd go with putting an entire kit on my car rather than just a rear bumper...

Im going to send him an email later on tonight after what i work out i want to say on it and ill have to wait for a reply...

What do you guys think...?

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:28 pm

if you pay for the extra your insurer shouldn't care. and as long as he gets paid the repairer shouldn't care. just let him know and your insurance. and see if they are ok with it, id presume they would be. if not, get the PMR kit and get the repairer to only do the rear bumper then do the rest later at your own accord
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Superintendent Chalmers wrote:Insurance company owns the part now Michael, you can buy it back from them, but its like paying for a second hand one from wrecker. Just take 20 bucks off the price of a new one and thats what they will charge. :lol:

thats not always true depends on how many he has how much of a market 2nd hand parts for that part is for. and the condition of the part. a guy in america bought a set of HID projectors out of a busted up EVO for $200 each and they retail new for about $1000 each i think or all together.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 pm

But you see blakey, i havent got the money to pay the extra price of the kit ontop of the repair...

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 pm

get the ralliart rear bar and when you look at changing over to the kit later on im sure you could sell the rear bar on here to someone to help offset the cost of the bodykit
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Your insurance do not care what you do to your car. They are only concerned about the cost to return your car back to new condition. They will pay you or a recognised repairer the cost of the damage only. You could paint the car a different colour, change panels, lights, etc. or just take the cash payout and they wont care.
Don't discuss any modifications with your insurance, talk to the repairer only.
tadzOrz it sound to me that you have a lot of dreams and no cash. Save your money and repair the car and add mods, once you can afford to complete in one hit. I fear otherwise the car will always look like an unfinished project rather then a practical, classy new car.
Don't get caught trying to keep up with other clubcj members and friends if you cant afford it.
Please don't take offence to my comments as I am only trying to help. It is your car and your money. But be satisfied with what you have rather then be miserable with what you don't have.. :D

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:04 pm

aspir3 wrote:Your insurance do not care what you do to your car. They are only concerned about the cost to return your car back to new condition. They will pay you or a recognised repairer the cost of the damage only. You could paint the car a different colour, change panels, lights, etc. or just take the cash payout and they wont care.
Don't discuss any modifications with your insurance, talk to the repairer only.
tadzOrz it sound to me that you have a lot of dreams and no cash. Save your money and repair the car and add mods, once you can afford to complete in one hit. I fear otherwise the car will always look like an unfinished project rather then a practical, classy new car.
Don't get caught trying to keep up with other clubcj members and friends if you cant afford it.
Please don't take offense to my comments as I am only trying to help. It is your car and your money. But be satisfied with what you have rather then be miserable with what you don't have.. :D

it is actually best to discuss modifications with your insurer as well. because of you do something that they don't like then they wont insure you for that if its something like a bodykit, mine alone cost 2grand and its not painted or fitted yet. so if your insurer doesn't like it and wont insure it are you willing to risk upwards of 3grand on an accident?

im sure like most people they are not willing to risk this. if you can risk that amount of money. that fine. but most people will not want to risk 3grand because there insurance wont insure it.

Return to “Exterior”