***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tadz is in Disbelief...Broken CJ ='(

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Insurance companies don't want complications and don't want to do anything over and above what is required of them.

ABSOLUTE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:17 pm

I wonder if there are any other implications in terms of Mitsu keeping tabs on which VINs are used to order parts... for example, if I were to let someone use my Evo VIN to buy a rear bumper, then one day I try to trade in my Evo to the mitsu dealer to buy something else and claim it's accident free... but then they say "Oh we know you've had an accident before because you ordered a new rear bumper for this car" and I'll have a hard time proving I haven't.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Superintendent Chalmers wrote:
Insurance companies don't want complications and don't want to do anything over and above what is required of them.

ABSOLUTE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I was stating the obvious. :lol:
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:23 pm

JaCe wrote:I wonder if there are any other implications in terms of Mitsu keeping tabs on which VINs are used to order parts... for example, if I were to let someone use my Evo VIN to buy a rear bumper, then one day I try to trade in my Evo to the mitsu dealer to buy something else and claim it's accident free... but then they say "Oh we know you've had an accident before because you ordered a new rear bumper for this car" and I'll have a hard time proving I haven't.

Exactly the point I was making a few pages back. It wouldn't be on RACV as a crashed car, but you would have to get your story straight before telling people. If you say "I had a minor ding and bought a new one without insurance" then the dealer/customer may think you are hiding something. If you say you used it for someone else, then the dealer may tell Ralliart and prosecute you in some other kind of way. (sounds stupid, but sometimes companies have nothing better to do) Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:23 pm

From experience with having a car repaired and requesting to have a different part fitted that I have already paid for: repairer outright said no. Later found out that insurance jobs are guaranteed income for repairers and many wont be as open to alternatives (fitting different parts than normal regardless of circumstance) for fear of losing the tender for that insurance company.

Before my insurance company decided to write my car off, the repairer offered to do 'additional' work to the car at extra cost. This was a different repairer to the first one.

All repairs that have been authorized by the insurance company generally have lifetime guarantee on the repair work.

The VIN number thing, that is mainly so the repairer can get an accurate quote. It also is a way of Mitsubishi can keep track on where their parts are going (its do with pricing and spec adjusting on future model years. EG if they see that a certain spec Lancer owners are continuously ordering a specific higher specced part, that part may be included in the next model year which in turn encourages the owner to upgrade to that model year version). Also some dealers cant order specific parts (such as Ralliart/EVO parts. Found that one out myself). This is why a VIN number would be needed. Also some will refuse to sell higher specced parts (VRX, Aspire, Ralliart, EVO) to lower spec cars and vice versa.

The excess thing, with that any repairer can outright refuse to return the car to you once the repairs are completed if excess has not been paid. Simple rule being: dont pay your excess and you wont be getting your car back. Excess has to be paid for them to release the car back to you. Dont matter who was at fault, excess has to be paid. If you werent at fault but had to pay, you will get reimbursed by your insurer.

Just be upfront and open with the repairer. Dont try and do sneaky things with them to better yourself as remember one thing; they will have your car...

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Well, i think i might go with the honesty is the best policy

Ill ask RACV if they would be willing to allow me to order the part with a different VIN number with the written consent from the owner of the vehicle, pass those details on to the smash repairers and go that way...

Getting the cash settlement looks to be alot of work and if it doesnt work it could backfire in the ways of costing me alot of money.

If RACV isnt willing to let me order the part with the consent from the owner, Might just have to see if we can organise something else about getting the RA rear bar, or even just the PMR rear kit...
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Being honest from the beginning will put you in a better position. Excess though, that is generally paid when you pick the car up. Anytime the repairer asks for the excess on day of drop off then something is dodgy. Explain your circumstances to your repairer if you think you will have some issues with your excess and they will organize different arrangement for you.

The more you tell them, the better off you will be. When the repairs are over get them something nice like a slab of beer or something.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Yeah good idea tjoz, a slab of beer always goes down well as a thank you.

Ill ring up RACV tomorrow and let them know of the changes i want to make and see what they say. Hopefully they are cool with it since the parts im getting are the same price and i have consent to use someone elses VIN to order a part...

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:09 pm

I think everyone is missing the point about being honest. Yes I would be honest to my insurance, but tadzorz is insuring his car in his mothers name. Your mums insurance will ask who drives this car?
I suggest you take the cash payout from the insurance minus your excess(this is an option you can take when an accident has occurred) and then organise your own crash repairer too fit a RA rear bar purchased through Ofey. The car does not look to bad and it can be repaired at a later date when you have more money and more mods to be painted and fitted to your baby.
Good luck and I hope you get your car fixed soon to your liking. Looking at this thread you have been spending a lot of time on computer and not much in your car...

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:16 pm

True that aspire, but havnt got enough money at the moment to spend time on the car. I was planning on putting her into storage before this happend =(

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Insurance company is cool with the change, i just got to send them the quote for the parts and show them that the price between the RA bumper and the stock bumper is the same.

Thanks to nick today, He was a big help

Hopefully all goes well!!

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:26 pm

anytime Tadz

i know u wanted to take my new ralliart home ??????????????
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

have you put the badges on yet?
Looking for that ultimate ride??

ClubSpec Custom Designs

www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Hahahah would of loved to drive that RA!!

As you could probley tell today nick my car isnt in the best shape. Its dirty as. Once i get her washed badges are going straight on!!

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:11 pm

sound like good news Tadz

Return to “Exterior”