***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tadz is in Disbelief...Broken CJ ='(

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:41 pm

But then it would be real insurance fraud. Id rather do it with the permission from the owner
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Maybe you can get a check for the price of the bumper the repairer was going to get, pay captain and he can order the part for you. You take it back to the repairer and presto - he has to put it on because your insurer allowed you to buy it with the money. YOu still need to bring it back to the inspector, but that is more for the fact that it is put back on correctly and not falling off and anything else...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Superintendent Chalmers wrote:Will there be any ramifications towards the person who gives you their VIN though????
I highly doubt it's that bad or is audit to level of future owners.
RA is a highly "sought after" brand. Case in point all the non-RA lamerz want RA stuff for their ride, like badges and what not.
It's just RA's way of verifying that you're entitled to order that stuff. So not all and sndury have riced up non-RAs with RA kit. I'm sure they do some inventory checking to make sure you dont order like eleventy billion of a particular part and ebaying them off. Not a good look for RA. By making it a hard to get item makes it all the more desireable.

So at the end of the day, it's just a verification check. I don't they'd gave a crap if you were to order another rear bar 2 years down the track. The new owner might think the last owner had a rear ender which he didn't divuldge, even if the old owner just passed that ordered rear bay for a mate instead of himself.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of the person who uses their VIN for the job. Not from the Ralliart companies stand point, but just the owner of the Ralliart and repercussions of future possible buyers. Sure, its not an old p.o.s 1989 300zx, but it may arouse suspicions for other things that the owner may have forgot to tell them.

I am quite sure that Michael would never want anything bad to happen to the person who is helpful enough to order this part for him.

You may be right, just have to wait and see I suppose.
GOOD LUCK ALL :)

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:01 pm

this is bye_2_you

must of had semi slick shoes

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Superintendent Chalmers wrote:Maybe you can get a check for the price of the bumper the repairer was going to get, pay captain and he can order the part for you. You take it back to the repairer and presto - he has to put it on because your insurer allowed you to buy it with the money. YOu still need to bring it back to the inspector, but that is more for the fact that it is put back on correctly and not falling off and anything else...

Good idea, but i dont have the money to front captain to order the bumper. And if i went through RACV, told them i ordered the part and payed for it already and asked them to reimburse me they probley wouldnt do it.

The way i think id have to do it is...

1. I got a quote from the repairer for the labor and materials needed to remove the old bumper, repair the rear quarter panel and re install the new bumper inc all components.

2. Go get a quote from mitsubishi for the Ralliart bumper and all assembalies needed for it to fit. I.e screws, nuts, washers pop clips panels etc

3. Give RACV the quote for the RA bumper and all the repairs, labor and materials needed for the car to be fixed. I give the repairer $550 which is my excess

4. Get RACV to send a cheque to my name which can be deposited into my account.

5. Go to mitsubishi and pay for the Ralliart bumper out of the money that RACV has given me.

6. Organise a date for the repairs which are going to be payed with the money from RACV and the services can be completed.

Basicly thats what id have to do correct?

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Sounds like a plan. Who knows how long it will take to get the RA bumper. Might be a bad time for chrissy crashes and Ralliart might be on back-order. And, its hard to get in to a repair place within 6-8 weeks. I had to wait about that time at the repairer I went through, and the one that I wanted was around 14-16 weeks waiting. :twisted: The more time you have to wait, the better the reputation IMO.

Ummm....one more thing. Are you the nominated driver on your car that is under your mothers name?? If not, then you really don't want to be ringing insurance companies yourself. Tell your mum the questions to ask if this is the case. Have heard of people being caught out saying "I have some questions I need to ask about MY CAR" to the operator from insurance company and it will have another owner on the computer screen. (they record these phone calls) so it may draw a black flag and cost more on excess. Just a heads up!

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Well my repairer has set a date for the 18th of January... I dont know if thats when its going in to get repaired or thats when i have to have the excess into him by... Ive sent an email off to the Smash Repairers and just going to have to wait for a reply, which will most likely be monday with an answer to my questions. Hopefully hes cool with it as long as though the insurance company is cool with it and we go from there

If he can get a stock bumper in that time frame, im sure he could get an RA in the same time frame...

Totally agree with you, the longer you wait the better the repairer will most likely be.

The main reason why i trust this guy is because a few times when ive gotten my car washed (car wash is right next door to car repair place) ive looked in their gate and they've had ferrari's and high end audi's getting fixed in there. So its obvious he knows what hes doing.

PLUS, he has this thing called www.repairtracker.com.au and it basicly gives you an outline of where your car is up to on getting fixed. All my details are already up on the site on that same day i got the quote. So its obvious he takes pride in his work

Edit: I always get my mum to ring up and give me autorisation to ask the questions im asking. They always say that.

And I always make sure i say, when "THE" car is getting fixed not..When "MY" car is getting fixed.

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:48 pm

You sound organised. That'll help. You might want to find out the OEM price of a normal bumper and match it to how much the repairer charges. They shouldn't make any profit from the part they get from dealerships.

Not sure if you read all my last post because I edited my last response after I wrote it.

Don't worry, I read your edit! :oops:

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Good idea man

I really hope the repairer is willing to organise ordering the RA Bumper and all componants. Reading what we've been talking about the last few pages puts alot of work in my hands. Even though i dont mind it, Im just hoping i havnt missed anything. As you can probley tell im being really detailed in my posts to make sure im making my point and i can refer to this later when im asking questions.

Ive got 4 questions for RACV so far...

If i chose to source my own parts with guidance from your repairer and i send you the quote for the repair including parts, labour and materials, would you cover all those costs?

The part the repairer has quoted for me is for the standard lancer, I have spoken to Mitsubishi directly and have been told there is no price difference between the standard lancer bumper and the Ralliart bumper, would it be okay to order the Ralliart bumper instead of the standard bumper?

If i need a different VIN number to order the part, I can get written consent from the owner of the vehicle and permission to use their VIN number to order the part, would this be okay?

If the repairer wasn’t willing to order the bumper with a different VIN number than the one that is assigned to the car that is being repaired, would I be able to order the Ralliart bumper through my friend who has given me permission to order the part with his VIN number? And would you cover that cost or is the costs only covered for parts that are quoted from an authorised repairer?

Do those make sense?

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:11 pm

The last two questions are what worries me. I would ask the insurance company if you can get another bumper other than the stock one, and be reimbursed only the price of the OEM one. Tell them that the RA one may cost more and you will foot the difference for it. (even if you know its the same price.)

If they allow that, then do not tell them about using other peoples VIN numbers. The reason is not to allow them the chance to consider and veto it later. Since the cost is the same for either bumper, it will be covered under future claims or if it costs a bit more - say $50, then you can put that extra on the policy of the car (like any other mods you add to your car)

Get the check for just the bumper off the insurance and then go buy the RA bumper. No need to say anything to the repairer other than "Here is a copy of the receipt for this bumper that the insurance company allowed me to buy, now put it on!

That is what I would do. It will still be covered, you may have to pay a slight bit more for insurance next year ( coverance cost like any mod you add to your car) but it is all legit. No need to tell anyone anymore then they need to know.

Only problem I have as I have stated before is the person who orders the part for you. If thats cool with him, then its all good.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Maybe i should be upfront with the insurer?

Just let them know that i may need a different VIN number to order the part but i have the written consent by the person giving me the VIN number for me to order the part and install it on the car....

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:54 pm

they might not require a VIN as it is an Authorised panel beater purchasing the part... i'd guess that the VIN is only required for an off-the-street purchase from you or I

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:12 pm

tadz0rz wrote:Maybe i should be upfront with the insurer?

Just let them know that i may need a different VIN number to order the part but i have the written consent by the person giving me the VIN number for me to order the part and install it on the car....

Insurance companies don't want complications and don't want to do anything over and above what is required of them.
Just order the rear via Ofey with an invoice (without the RA VIN stated) in your name or the repairers name, get it installed. Repairer shows invoice as proof of purchase to insurance company, repairer gets money from insurance company and passes the cash for the rear bumper back to you. If the repairer is a as accomodating as you say, it shouldn't not be a problem. If the insurance company asks questions on why that part was ordered different from all the other bits. Tell them it was a timing thing, PMR had srock on hand or something. Unless I've missed something.... should work.
SIR-VRX wrote:they might not require a VIN as it is an Authorised panel beater purchasing the part... i'd guess that the VIN is only required for an off-the-street purchase from you or I

If my memory serves me correctly, I'm sure Ofey or one of the guys from PMR had mentioned that when they order parts from MMAL it definately requires them to enter the VIN. Don't see it being much different.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Well, i guess its something id have to find out from the repairer aswell..

Because if they can order the part without having to give a VIN because they are a repair business that makes it even easier for me...

Ive sent that email to them and am just going to have to wait for a reply....

Return to “Exterior”