***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tadz is in Disbelief...Broken CJ ='(

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Just tell them straight what you want to do.

I can't imagine the RA bumper being any different in price. The smash repairer will probably need to quote the original part to the insurance company but order the part you want.

Don't be surprised if they say that they can't do it though, some smash repairers are funny like that.

As long as the RA bumper doesn't create any extra work for them, I cant see why they wouldn't accomodate you.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 pm

I spoke to ofey after the acciedent and he said that there is a fair difference in price between the RA bumper and the standard bumper. The guy i went to seemed pretty reputable, but was very accomodating...

Gotta stop getting on here so much, cutting into my unpacking time.

Sitting on the computer configuring my display on my 42" Plasma thats now in my room rofl.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:27 pm

42"inch!!! That's huuuge Tadz
You will have to sit in the loungeroom to watch it mate ROFL :D
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:14 pm

My panel beater said price was the same... somebody trying to screw you perhaps?

Tenchi
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tenchi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Bl on the smash... I get so paranoid when I park on the street/shopping centres, but outside your home... thats gotta hurt.

Wide bodykit time?...
Flickr page!
*OFFICIAL ClubCJ - New South Wales PHOTOGRAPHER*

Matzilla
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Matzilla » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Couldnt even leave a note, whats this world coming to???
I had the s*%ts at a little scratch on mine from a carpark, cant imagine how you feel after that!! Hope everything works out for you mate.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!!

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:43 pm

When i was at work the other day, this guy came into our store and he was like "Do you know who owns that BMW outside? I backed into it and my towbar put a dent in his licence plate, I just want to wait around to let him know"

Thats the sort of people that we need more of....

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 pm

From what people have said over at MCA who have had rear end damage where the rear bar has been replaced, one did have the option of getting the rear bar replaced with the RA rear bar. Insurance said it cost the same as the normal ones.

But it is a decision your insurance company/panel beater will decide. Talk to the people who will be fixing your car and tell them you want an RA rear bar instead of the normal one. Alot of panel beaters wont have an issue with it as insurance jobs are guaranteed income for them. Some you may have to give a little extra. Take it up with the panel beater first as they are the ones that will be putting the order through for all the parts they will need to fix your car.

Ive had my first car hit in the same place as where yours got hit and your car will be in the shop for a while.. Mine went in around Easter and I got my car almost 6weeks later. The rear quarter panel on our cars are real bitches to fix. Yours dont look that bad so hopefully your without a car for maybe a couple weeks at most.

Least your car can be fixed.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks tjoz

Ofey told me there was a fair price difference..Whether or not that would be for us as customers i dont know. Maybe if they get it trade price maybe it is the same. I dunno.

Only thing im really worried about is that rear quarter pannel...I want it to be perfect and they are most likey going to have to put filler in it...Hopefully they do a good enough job that I cant see any ripples in the paint work when its finished, but we will have to wait and see...

Not sure if ofey can shed any more light on the price difference between clubCJ and trade prices for smash repairers...I know there will be a price difference but just curious if it would still be in the range of the standard bumper...

bye_2_you
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bye_2_you » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:37 pm

take it to a pannel beater, he will bring out the dent, buff the scratch with the buffer for about $200, if it needs a re-spray about $300, dont go via insurance man they screw you later down the track... btw i got hit by a asian girl red p plater and a corla by the way...her excuse was "oh i thought my brakes wernt working" and this is me at a red light...insurnaced ended up giving me a new car with my mods i had done 2 it already...she got screwd over hard out..dont worry man my car gas been milkshaked b4 man....im talking eggs n toilet paper all round in 40deg heat....
Lifes like a game you dont know whats gona happen next until you roll the dice..

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:54 pm

bye_2_you, why wouldnt i go through the insurer, If i can get a RA rear bumper for $550 why wouldnt I...How would they screw me later down the track....

bye_2_you
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bye_2_you » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:58 pm

well think about it tadz...when your mum goes 2 buy another car..the first question with insurance is "have you ever made a claim before"???

YES!!! so they check up on it..and then they go ok cliam for $$$ in this area hit and run, ok,,yep, no police report, driver at fault got away..yep

Ok we will riase yours/your mums premium

Thats how they work tadz man...it seems all good at first..later they will get you
Lifes like a game you dont know whats gona happen next until you roll the dice..

bye_2_you
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bye_2_you » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:59 pm

PLUS its a ES not a RA, people will laugh at you

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Tadz if you want an RA bumper for looks or practical reasons like dual exhaust or whatever then go for it mate
Go through insurance and be done with it
In the long run you're better protected,as they guarantee their repairers work and you can get repair problems fixed (Think of it as a warranty)
People on here won't laugh mate it's all about being individual and different that's what makes this club tick
Good luck with it brother
Keep us posted (No pun intended) :wink: :D
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.

MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.

Merlinised....

bye_2_you
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bye_2_you » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Mizta B wrote:Tadz if you want an RA bumper for looks go for it mate
)
People on here won't laugh mate
(No pun intended)

Hah man...yeh any 1 here will love anything that gets done to a lancer man..you guys dont know when to say YUCK, DONT, NO, its always yeh looks good etc.....

Maby ppl on this club may not laugh at tadz...but other car enthuists will bro.. Its like seeing a SSS with a GTIR hood...its a joke...or a Holden XR6 Stock body, with a F-6 Typhoon Rear Bumper..its RICER...if your going to change your bumper go unique not RICE...go 4 an after market 4 shure if you want..but dont dunk a EVO body on a ES...it looks RICE....you guys may not laught...but i will...car enthuists will...they go what a try hard...cudunt afford the EVO!!!

Return to “Exterior”