***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

FS: Modified 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES - Infinite

Want to sell something, Post it up and sell it here. *Conditions Apply- Please read - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2085

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:RA and Evo are totally different beasts...

Yes you can get as much power out of an RA, but it will never be anything like an Evo.

Yeah you're right, but like I said - take out the track, all you need for cruising 'n' spirited night time booting......the RA with an upgrade (and full manual gearbox preferably) is all you need...for $25k less. But people take one look and say 'Ah, its just a Lancer'

get the new look holden SSV (G and ask for the WALKINSHAW perfomance pack it makes it 1KW less than the new E2 hsv and about $18000+ cheaper my dad ordered his and goes like a dream

Just love the sound of the screaming. Wish I could get my car to make that sound.

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:37 am

Looks like the XR6T is topping the list, I checked HSVs and the only one I like the look of is that new crazy one and it's sooo not worth what they are asking for it!
TUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOO!

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 am

Are you gonna go sedan or ute? Manual or sports auto? Brand spanking or demo/less than 2000ks? And finally what colour do you want?
Sedans start from as low as $41k on the road and a few demos with less than 2000ks are around 36-37k. Very reasonable for a car that stock can do around 5.3 0-100 times. And I think they only run a mild boost (less than 12 psi) Turn it up and you got a weapon!

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:47 am

Im looking for a Manual sedan in the green colour and have no problem going for a demo. The one i took for a drive was $45k for a demo so it definitely sounds overpriced. Im pretty certain this is what I want, just gotta find a well priced one.... unless someone knows where I can pick up a 1999 Mitsu GTO :P

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:09 am

Green huh???? Interesting choice. Check carsales.com for NSW demo models. There are a few Nitro (blue) models for a bit less. You could talk them down. Also, you may want to run an Xr6t through an insurance agency to get an idea how much it will cost you. No use getting one and finding out it costs $3k or more for the year. AAMI has a free online quote system as does a few other companies.

Import one personally (GTO). Don't buy from someone or from a dealer 2nd hand. And yes, the Series 3 have the less problems, so you should go after one of them. What else you like?? Supra's, NSX? Skyline?

A few importers : J-spec imports (updating their website at the moment)
Prestige Motor Sport (in WA, but import to any port in the country)

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Looks as though the GTOs in the shape I'm after are quite difficult to get a hold of. Gonna have to give it a miss this time.

Insurance for the XR6T seems pretty reasonable, only a couple of hundred more a year. Now just the task of finding one for a decent price. I can get a new one (09) for $48k so I'm hoping an 08 built demo should be a good couple of grand cheaper. Any idea how they work out these prices? I've found a $4500 price difference between dealers.

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 pm

They depreciate quite fast so for something nearly 2 years old you should be looking for much much less. Have a look at redbook.com.au to figure out the market value.

Remember demos have a hard early life so you MIGHT have some issues down the track.. *might*.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Trying to find a manual XR6T is like trying to spot a yetti.......bloody rare. Especially a green one. It may take you a while before you get your car sold (with Chrissy comin, people are reluctant to buying big things) so prices may go down at the dealerships. For now just get your turbo fix by going for test drives in all types of cars!! :lol:

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 am

Since you like the XR6T so much, have you looked at the G6ET ?

Or here's another thought for you, if you want a decent V8, something that will go up in value and is already building a cult following and is a fantastic car to drive then have a drive of a Ford T-Series. A T3 TE50 or a T3 TS50. They are a 2002 model but a bloody great car, But make sure it is a T3 and not a T2 or a T1. The T3 is the one that has the 5.6ltr stroker engine.

The T-Series were not a production car, they were made to order and as such only 204(90 Auto, 114 Manual) T3 TE50 and 224(152 Auto, 72 Manual) T3 TS50 cars were made.

These things have a hand built 5.0ltr engine that have been stroked to 5.6ltrs, balanced and blueprinted and use an all new nodular iron crankshaft, GT40P ported cylinder heads with high performance YellaTerra springs and valves, Argo billet machined connecting rods, ACL lightweight pistons with fully floating pins, a revised camshaft profile, an 82mm diameter throttle body, a very unique three-piece high flow inlet manifold cast and manufactured by Morrison Motorsport and a Mustang conical air cleaner with dedicated mass air flow (MAF) sensor.

Following in the tradition of Aston Martin each stroked engine carries a build plate signed by the Tickford engineer who worked on it, signifying craftsmanship that goes further then any Tickford enhanced engine.

Exceptional braking is provided by a package consisting of 329mm vented and grooved front discs with twin-piston calipers and 287mm grooved rear discs.

An optional Brembo brake package is also available, featuring massive 355mm cross-drilled and ventilated front and 330mm cross-drilled and ventilated rear discs, all with four piston calipers.

Power figures are 250kw and 500nm, its not so much the power and torque that make it a great car, But the way the power is delivered and the responsiveness of the engine. It has a very flat torque curve making it a real hoot to drive. You really need to drive one to appreciate it.

Check out this Ford clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UJ8uDMS34o

Some info on the T-Series:
http://tseries.110mb.com/main.html

And this is me at Deca:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfY-R6mHVEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg_07mXCxvU

Me again fooling around on the skidpan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdHk9Y1ehE

It really is a great car, so if you're looking for a fun V8 definitely take a T3 for a drive, nothing like an XR8. But if you would like a Turbo then you can't go wrong with the XR6T or a G6ET.
Last edited by Aspired on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:51 am

Yeah the workmanship that goes into those sounds amazing! The body shape of the T3 is a bit off putting for me though. I'll take a closer look at them, but I think the turbo is still what I'm after.

This G6ET look as though it has the same power/specs as the XR6T but for about 15k more! What is the difference between the 2? It seems like an awful lot of cash for a shiny grill!

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:07 am

The G6ET is the top of the range short wheel base luxo model based on the G6E
The XR6T is pretty basic and based on the Falcon platform

The G6E is what replaces the Fairmont Ghia.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:15 am

dont get an FTO they are the uglyest car. well mainly the back end is hideous. get something like a skyline or a supra if you are after a car like that. or get a S2000, or save alot of money and buy a lotus.

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:37 am

I see now, I don't think I like the look of the G6 as much as the XR6, and i don't think it come in green either! :P

I was looking for a GTO not FTO :P FTOs are ugly as! and underpowered too, the GTO is the twin turbo 3.0L 6cyl and can look like this :D:D

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:41 am

why not get a Mitsu Legnum, Nissan Stegea since you did say you wanted a bigger car

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:49 am

On the same platform, do you like the Series 3 Camaro's or Pontiac Trans-ams??? All around the same year as the 1999 model GTO's

Image Image Image

Very American, but pimped out looks the goods.

Return to “For Sale Section”