***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Police Fines/Infringments you can laugh about now..

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Hidden-Shadow
INACTIVE Member Account

Police Fines/Infringments you can laugh about now..

Postby Hidden-Shadow » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:02 am

Hey all, I know its a little weird but for myself i'll always laugh about the time I cut through a round-about at roughly 11pm, it was of course an accident and was a notorious round-about for low visibility - but the reason I laugh is that it was a country town, this late at night there are no cars what so ever around, and the only car that happened to be at the same round-about as me was the po-po - which of whom was probably thinking the same thing as me "No-one else would be awake at this hour" as he was speeding through the round-about. He "had" to slam on his brakes. Of course it could of ended tragically but nothing bad happened so it's ok to laugh.

This cost me $350.

What fines/infringments have you gotten that you look back on and laugh at?

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:09 am

I got fined $400 for drinking a rum can on a train in Sydney - I reckon that's a bit steep!
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:27 am

My first 3 months in Australia. Enjoy....

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:49 am

ooooooooooo - 79 in a 60 zone - ouch.... my licence was on tender hooks there for a time, but I have been a good boy for a while and currently demerit free.

A couple if times I was 'looked after' by bush cops out where I used to live - one in particular I must have been doing 150 or 155 and he only wrote me up for 128 so I didn't lose my licence. Living in the bush you used to travel those speeds just to get where you were going faster. I have also been caught talking on a mobile when I had a working car kit - po po says well that's a bit stupid isn't it - what could I say but a sheepish, yes mate, sorry. $220 for that one.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Hidden-Shadow
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hidden-Shadow » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 am

Ha ha ha, I enjoyed looking at those photos. Makes me think of all the speed cameras around Melbourne :S. A funny one I remember was from my dad... he was looking directly at the camera and smiling.. lol - I can't really remember the circumstance or why he was smiling but I do remember him saying "I think we've just been booked" .. lol

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 am

The beauty of being over here on a visa (pretty much the only benefit) is that I can still use my UK licence - therefore I don't get the demerits just the fines !!

Hidden-Shadow
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hidden-Shadow » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 am

Hmmm - I'll remember that :D

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOGS LOL

Ive nearly been got by that delhi road 1 soooo many times lol.

My best ticket was when i was still on my green P's in my soarer, fkn falcon was going 100 on the freeway so i put it in 3rd an planted my floor...... yeah...... undercover fkn cop lol.

100 to 140 in like 2sec lol........ 3 pts and $275 fine... he said he could have taken my license on the spot but he was being lenient coz it was my 1st offense.

I currently have 4 points left on my golds :P

(2 speeding *6 pts* and 1 missing p plate *2pts*)

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:50 pm

I suppose I have to mention the one where I was showing off my brand spanking new drivers license to two hot chicks in the car next to me...and there was a cop hiding in a turn-left lane just over the crest...

Not too funny lol, my first offence, 6 dats after I passed my test, 98 in an 80.. 3 points and 250 bucks.

Since then I've had two other speeding tickets and one failure to display P plates...total of 9 points and 720 bucks. On two good behaviour bonds atm.

batzr
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby batzr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:57 pm

Got fined today by UAE traffic dept AED 600 radar cam 124kph on 100 max speed limit.
they showed me radar pix
...turns out the guy speeding has plate 76410
mine is 46410....the guy who filed the report was blind!!!
and tried to fine me instead.good thing he was sorry,sorted it out today took me 1.5 hrs

s21197
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby s21197 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:50 pm

'Twas a dark street and i came cruising down the road. Saw two headlights turn on facing me in the middle of the road and then the blue and red lights. Got fined for excessive speeding (120 in a 60 zone), and no seat belt

jacob1bc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jacob1bc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:39 pm

CatP wrote:
s21197 wrote:'Twas a dark street and i came cruising down the road. Saw two headlights turn on facing me in the middle of the road and then the blue and red lights. Got fined for excessive speeding (120 in a 60 zone), and no seat belt

You'd probably get fined over $2,000 and lose your licence for 6-12 months if got caught doing that in Australia. You would also have to go to court.

my friend was doing 140mph in a 45mph zone and he got lucky because the police didn't have his radar on. so he got a ticket for doing 65 in a 45 zone
2008 Lancer - Fuel Door,Blacked Out Front,Debadged Rear,RRM Pulley,RRM SRI,RRM Front And Rear Slotted Rotors,Megan Racing Coilovers,Shark Fin Antenna,Injen SES, HID 6000k,Floor Board Lighting,Grill Lighting,Killer Glass Kit,RA taillights,eye lids,Header

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 pm

I rolled right through a red light, because I was looking for the turn after the overpass. $100 fine

For the pics and video go to: https://www.violationinfo.com/

Enter: Notice# 0360800537886

PIN # 2637

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 pm

ok here it goes...

1. got my license on the wednesday... got caught racing my mate at 1pm in the morning down a back street. side by side 180ks (they didnt have a radar but could could clearly see it was alot more than 60) police was hiding in the dark and didnt show us the flashing lights until both me and my mate took the next corner both sideways.... side by side.... lost license for 4 months and $500 fine

2. undue smoke and noise $250

3. following to closely to a car ($120) while trying to make the lights which by then was red ($175) oh and i forgot to mention i was doing 80 in a 60 zone at the time ($150) this unfortunate turn of events put me on a good behaviour bond.

looks pretty bad in text hey

Return to “General Talk”