Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:47 pm

3mPty wrote:welcome to clucj mate!!!!

cheers empty.

ps, anyone know the pricing of a sunroof?
wanna try and get a few extras thrown in.
i have been in contact with someone in the know, and they tell me the vrx can be had for a few k less than 30.
so if im going to pay 30, i want a sunroof and a few other tiny goodies thrown in too.

another q, ive seen somewhere (net or tv) mitsu offereing free ctp etc etc.
is that offer still running?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 pm

If you want a good deal I would try as many dealers as possible. Also good deals are usually available at the end of month as salesman try and reach their figures. All car manufacturers have end of year sales and then in the new year they sell previous years manufactured cars cheaper, but you are usually limited to models and colours.
It can be really hard to pick a car as there are so many manufacturers and models, but as others have said the CJ lancer is a good car. I love my Aspire, comfortable, sporty and safe. The Aspire is the same as VRX but only comes in auto, has leather, HID lights and a few chrome pieces.I believe the sunroof is around $2000+ as it also includes RF MMCS. All info is on Mitsubishi web under accessories.
Welcome to the club too...

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 am

Fail on your own site Matt, nice one...

Clicky, MY09-MY10 differences

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 am

cjay wrote:
bd-850 wrote:welcome and hope you do buy a Lancer.

what other cars were you looking at?

mazda3 or sp25 (2.5L mazda 3)
while looking at the lancer range i spotted a golf gti,,mmmm if i had the cash id investigate but i know their prices are over the top from reviews ive seen on another forum im a long time member of.

i was also looking at the Mazda 3 (both lower spec and the SP25) i found the 25's suspension VERY firm. The Lancer is so much nicer over the Mazda.

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi cjay,
Allow me to provide another consideration if you are looking at a VRX Sedan.
Consider looking at the Aspire as well. If you are after a hatch, you can ignore what I say below.

Mine's a Manual VRX with sunroof and RF upgrade. It's on the road for 30k.
There are members here that gotten an Aspire for ~33k mark. And I feel that is a better deal.

Those Aspires have not optioned in Sunroof which is 1750 RRP from mitsubishi. However, they come only in CVT (if you are looking for an automatic) which is I think 2.5k difference for a manual.They comes with MMCS included which is another ~1k option for the VRX and what sweetened the Aspires are they have leather seats and HID headlights. Sure the Aspires don't have spoiler, but the VRX spoilers does block the rear view quite a fair bit. If you really want one, better to get an EvoX spoiler which is higher or the low-rise spoiler aftermarket.

I didn't look at Aspires because I wanted a manual. Thus that is out for me.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi Jason and welcome to the club. Mate I am in Port well Laurieton until Friday if you want to catch up and ask some questions about the lancer, I have a MY10 vrx CVT with the MMCS.

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Mattigins wrote:Welcome to the club buddy, im from forster so im kind of close to port maquarie..

Just letting you know for when you do get your lancer that one of our sponsors is located in Port Maquarie and he does very nice carbon fiber work..

I could not locate a list of changes between the 09 VRX and the 2010 VRX

I will keep looking and let you know..

gday matt, fine site you have here mate,
which sponsor are you taliing about?
i usually like to do all mods myself, which is what i done to my astra.
my first (and only) fibreglassing experience was installing 10inch 3 ways into the front doors. ill post a few pics later if anyone is interested. other than that i only done minor things to my astra.

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Jmi wrote:Hi cjay,
Allow me to provide another consideration if you are looking at a VRX Sedan.
Consider looking at the Aspire as well. If you are after a hatch, you can ignore what I say below.

Mine's a Manual VRX with sunroof and RF upgrade. It's on the road for 30k.
There are members here that gotten an Aspire for ~33k mark. And I feel that is a better deal.

Those Aspires have not optioned in Sunroof which is 1750 RRP from mitsubishi. However, they come only in CVT (if you are looking for an automatic) which is I think 2.5k difference for a manual.They comes with MMCS included which is another ~1k option for the VRX and what sweetened the Aspires are they have leather seats and HID headlights. Sure the Aspires don't have spoiler, but the VRX spoilers does block the rear view quite a fair bit. If you really want one, better to get an EvoX spoiler which is higher or the low-rise spoiler aftermarket.

I didn't look at Aspires because I wanted a manual. Thus that is out for me.

cheers for the suggestion mate, i appreciate it, but i am not a fan of autos, i havent tried the cvt yet but may in the future as i see it has better fuel economy and i think i seen somewhere that it has better 0-100 too.
i have fallen inlove with the vrx and its looks, including the rear spoiler.
i will however also check out the evo rear spoiler, they have one in the showroom but i didnt look at it much because 60k is way way out of my budget.

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Chubb wrote:Hi Jason and welcome to the club. Mate I am in Port well Laurieton until Friday if you want to catch up and ask some questions about the lancer, I have a MY10 vrx CVT with the MMCS.

im not sure i have too many more questions about the lancer mate, but if possible id like it if you could take me for a spin so i can see the cvt in action, and id love to check out the mmcs too if thats ok.
i can meet you in laurieton or you can meet me in port. up to you, im flexible.
when exactly are you leaving?
i work 7-3.30 everyday but fridays i finish at 1pm.
awesome to learn someone lives semi close. uralla is near coffs iirc.
i dont use a mobile, but if you want to pm me your number we can work something out.

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:06 pm

just a few pics. sorry if you guys dont like posting of other cars on here.

8s in the rear parcel shelf.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:32 pm

That a Holden or a genuine Opel?

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:01 am

Mattigins wrote:Love the pic of the reflection of the beach..

e2-MODz does the carbon fibering..

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2419

He did my center bit..

and my phone :D

when/if i get my vrx, ill have to have a look around it to see what needs cf :D
a few years ago i done the centre console of my astra with blue cf contact. it turned out pretty good, except the top cos its round. was like trying to cf a beach ball lol

cjay
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cjay » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:06 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:That a Holden or a genuine Opel?

real opel imported by holden and badged as a holden. i rebadged it back to opel.
all barinas astras and vectras are genuine opels. except of course the current barina which is a daewoo, and the 80s astras which were nissan pulsars, and the 80s barinas which were suzuki swifts.
other opels rebadged as holdens include tigra cruze (little 4wd) and combo (little van)

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”