Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:46 am

Mate, i feel for you...

First of all, welcome to the club :)

Secondly, yes, you are lucky that the airbags didn't go off. This is a blessing and a curse. This is a blessing because it means your car isn't badly damaged, and you came out fine :)

It is a curse however, because it means the car isn't going to be a write off (unless they find suspension damage). That means no new car for you. From the damage (it doesn't look structural, just cosmetic), I would suggest you find yourself a reputable workshop to send your car to, don't let the company choose it for you. That was my biggest mistake when I had my accident. I'm still dealing with the problems - and I discover new ones everyday! I'm sick of it... and really give up on chasing it up, and having the car in down time :(.

Hope that helps :) Good luck and blessings on your car's safe return to the roads :).

-EXALTD-

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:03 am

Ouchie. Poor RA... Naughty truck. I always watch trucks at roundabouts no matter where they are. And SUV's for that matter. I'm in Canberra and we have a lot of roundabouts here... and a lot of soccer mums in big arse SUV's that don't use their left hand side wing mirror, or their head checks... and often not their indicators - I'm sure there's a bunch of vehicles in the ACT that get sold with indicators as an extra cost option which people choose to forego. LOL.

Anyway, welcome to ClubCJ and hope that shiny RA is all fixed up soon.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

eskimo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby eskimo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Exaltd you've got me all worked up and paranoid now regarding the workshop the car was sent to.. I'm with CGU and sent the car to their preferred workshop..

I think i'll spend the rest of the day researching workshops, before they get started on my car. According to CGU customer support theres a 24hour turn around from 9AM this morning on processing my claim, till when they start on my car (and from when I find out if my premiums get jacked up I suppose :( ) so I have some time to check things out.

And thanks for the welcome guys :P

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:14 pm

welcome to the club i believe this is a first for a intro ?

very sad news dude

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:15 pm

The problem with round-abouts is that some people still feel the need to rush on thru! If they took their time, there would be less trouble - similar story for my mate, car was 2 weeks new, entered the round about and got written off by a skyline that sped and failed to indicate...

Hope your toy gets repaired up good!!
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 pm

eskimo wrote:Exaltd you've got me all worked up and paranoid now regarding the workshop the car was sent to.. I'm with CGU and sent the car to their preferred workshop..

I think i'll spend the rest of the day researching workshops, before they get started on my car. According to CGU customer support theres a 24hour turn around from 9AM this morning on processing my claim, till when they start on my car (and from when I find out if my premiums get jacked up I suppose :( ) so I have some time to check things out.

your premium shouldnt get upped if you weren't at fault... :/
go over your policy with a fine tooth comb my friend and check that car out once it's ready for return! best of luck!!
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.

ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:47 pm

eskimo wrote:Exaltd you've got me all worked up and paranoid now regarding the workshop the car was sent to.. I'm with CGU and sent the car to their preferred workshop..

Local to me, not so much to you, is a small panel beating business who is the only panel beater I trust to touch my car. He is my "family" panel beater, we get all our work done at him.

He even uses all genuine parts, unlike a lot of others ;)

His contact info is here if you are interested. He is CGU preferred too.

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:35 pm

That's a lot coming from our Chief Tech, if you are paranoid about the repair choice, I would get in contact with SIR's recommendation.
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:48 pm

He is a great panel beater. I recommend him to everybody, and everybody thanks me for it as they are so very impressed with his work. He genuinely cares, rare I know!

I have no affiliation at all with him or his business, apart from my dad knowing and using him for a good 15+ years. I still pay the same prices as everybody else too, which I don't mind, as I'm supporting a local business.

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey welcome to the club firstly...

Feel for you, got my RA sideswiped by a CJ (ES model) only after 3 months of having it... wasn't a happy chappy, but you'll get over it once its straight again.

Good luck & chin up, still have plenty of enjoyment to come!

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi Mate and welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about the car but at least with it being white there should be no issue with resprayed standing out like it can on metallic cars.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Chubb wrote:Hi Mate and welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about the car but at least with it being white there should be no issue with resprayed standing out like it can on metallic cars.

It is silver ;)

m1n1on
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby m1n1on » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Welcome to the club!

lol I intro'd eskimo to the forum... seems us sportback drivers haven't been too lucky with accidents lately...=S

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome to ClubCJ Mate, hope you get it all fixed soon.
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:
Chubb wrote:Hi Mate and welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about the car but at least with it being white there should be no issue with resprayed standing out like it can on metallic cars.

It is silver ;)

I see, disregard my comment. :oops:

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”