***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What bodykit is this for Evo? :S

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:19 am

or accolades GT400 Kit

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:00 pm

The bonet in that pic is no longer avaliable due to poor fitment.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:05 pm

lukeaday wrote:The bonet in that pic is no longer avaliable due to poor fitment.

You sure it wasn't discontinued due to the fact that it is F**KING UGLY?

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey settle down mate.
I prefer this bonet over the EvoX.
Each to their own I guess.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:33 pm

It is a nice bonnet, but each to their own.

Theres 3 I know of; that one, the RRM one (CF and FG) and the Evo X replica ones - ARS, X Factor (eventually).

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:44 pm

i agree with Sir, it is ugly, but as said each to their own.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 pm

You can get that to fit an Evo but it will cost you. Evo's have wider front fenders and a wider rear. Some shaving/panel replacements or just get the kit wider would have to be done. Apart from that, everything else can be an easy convert. Different drivetrain (AWD as opposed to FWD) has no visual difference between the two cars. The packaging is the same just different mechanics underneath.

If I had the money I wouldnt get an Evo or a Ralliart, Id get an S3 instead. Its like a default performance option (gettign an Evo). I would still get a lower specced Lancer and do it up to how I want it. As a matter of superiority, that is down to personal taste. Some people may not want AWD, some may not want turbo. FWD would have something over the AWD though... On performance, the lighter your car, the faster you go (look at Lotus, small engines and small outputs, low weight and go like rockets).

If you are going to do the car up visually, maybe dont get an Evo. With the Evo, there arent that many options as people dont want to stray away from its looks too much. Whereas the lower spec Lancers, there is more opportunities in the visual department.

drakos4eva
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby drakos4eva » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:23 pm

true that tjoz - i got a mate thats got one of the first gen VRX's when they had the 2l motor, and he's got coilovers n adrenalin tyres n stuff n the car still pushes wide - it weights like 1.5 tonnes + front wheel drive n i keep hearing it pushes wide round corners like no tomorrow - and heard the latest thing to go wrong with the lancers is wearing out clutches in the manual every 4 months or something :S and i do a bit of hard driving every week so i dunno how well the thing would handle to all of that >.< - thats why i was gonna go down the turbo AWD route - esp with the auto gearbox that isnt 1/2 bad but yeh id love to do it up eventually i think with like bodykits n stuff - might have to go with the ralliart so atleast its got the same dimensions as the lancer so i can do bodykits n stuff -_-
Last edited by drakos4eva on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:23 pm

drakos4eva
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby drakos4eva » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:25 pm

yeh - personally think compared to thoes bodykits; the stock one looks better

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:50 pm

I am really liking that GT-400 Competition front end from Accolade. the one with the red ring foglights and the...what looks like an intake duct.

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:53 am

if I got a body kit it'd probably be the Talon as I liked how Peanuts car looks... or looked before the roo.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:57 am

problem with acolade is that those pics aren't the finished product. that gt 400 body kit is acctually the valdi sport body kit. the one you get from accolade (bodykit.com) has some "minor" differences to it...oh and it takes anywhere between 4 months and never. trust me i am trying to buy that gt 400 body kit atm and if you head over to EvoM and read some of the threads about that website you will be terrified. everything from them stealing pictures of peoples cars/products to one bloke waiting 12 months to recieve a bodykit for his lancer and it still hasn't arrived
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:03 am

tjoz wrote:
FWD would have something over the AWD though... On performance, the lighter your car, the faster you go (look at Lotus, small engines and small outputs, low weight and go like rockets).

wait...what? how much does your lancer weigh?
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,

Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:49 am

Normal Lancers (ES to Aspire) come in around the 1350 mark (give or take 20-50kg depending on trim. ES lightest, VRX/Aspire heaviest). Evo's come in at the 1500 mark (again give or take 20kg depending on trim). The Evo's added weight comes from the AWD system and the turbo itself.

Plus another aspect of AWD is power loss. In general, take 5% of your total power output per each wheel that the car drives by. As an AWD is driven by all 4, that is a rough 20% power loss. There are reasons why AWD cars can handle high amounts of power as apposed to FWD and RWD; they need the power. All that though is not saying AWD is bad, each drivetrain package has its good and bad points.

The lighter your car is, the faster and easier to handle it will be. Our Lancers are by no means lightweights, they are heavy for their class. If you do have an Evo or a Ralliart and you want to go faster, try reducing the cars weight. Still want to throw around the AWD superiority bullshit with the Lancers, go take a look RRM's Turbo Lancer against the Ralliart (check YouTube and stuff).

------

As for handling with the VRX, now I know 99% of you people will not do it but swap the VRX spoiler for a GT Drift wing (an adjustable one) then throw the car into some corners. Trust me on that one. Visually its either hate it or like it but the handling you get from it its like driving a different car. In my first Lancer I did that and the thing could take corners like it was on rails...

----

Back to topic, Accolade is a dodgy company. If you do go with them, its at your own risk. I was very lucky with them (although it took 4months, I got the kit that I paid for) but there are more bad than good about them... Use Accolade as a last resort. They have made improvements but they still got some way to go.

Return to “Exterior”