***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

HELP!! SOMEONE THREW AN EGG AT MY CAR

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:33 pm

You still have to pay insurance excess. So, you are better off paying for repairs if it is similar in price.

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Well yes thanks for that. Forgot to mention it.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:39 pm

bungfritz wrote:At the end of the day, even though its obvious, damaging other people's property, whether its egging your car or house, vandalising it is just not on. Being a perfectionist, things such as blemishes on the paintwork really do my head in. I've got some tiny ripples on my rear door from idiots who bang their doors into yours in the carpark and i'm planning to book a paintless dent repairer to get it fixed even though most people wouldn't even notice it.

Well said. I'm glad you've nearly got it back to how it was.

I also have a ripple in my car from some idiot opening their door into mine. Most people won't even notice mine either but I want to look spotless so I'm booking PDR too (in the next 2 weeks). Also have a scratch on the same side as the dent so I will get that fixed too.

If I cause some damage to it (and I have to previous cars), fine - it's my fault and I can cop it. I just hate when you have to pay for other peoples mistakes. Oh well, part of life, gotta make a decision - fix it or live with it. Maybe in a couple of years I wont be so uptight :)

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:10 pm

well i got my car serviced just recently and it came back with a huge deep scratch on the inner door paint like where the scuff plates go
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:53 am

GRR that sucks to hear someone egged your car...

If it needs to be repainted I think they have to do the whole panel unless you can use some touch up paint on it.

Luckily (and stupuidly) I bought the paint protection pack from the dealer so if anything like this happens I can get them to fix it for me.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm

That sux, guess you sometimes cant predict if they want to make you their target.

Well I've given up on shopping centre carparks, refuse to leave my car there anymore, usually park on the street.

Blakey wrote:well i got my car serviced just recently and it came back with a huge deep scratch on the inner door paint like where the scuff plates go

This happened to me, went for the recall few weeks ago & found 2 small chips on passenger roof, just under gutter. Adamant they weren't there when dropping the car off. :roll:

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:49 pm

cyssero wrote:
bungfritz wrote:At the end of the day, even though its obvious, damaging other people's property, whether its egging your car or house, vandalising it is just not on. Being a perfectionist, things such as blemishes on the paintwork really do my head in. I've got some tiny ripples on my rear door from idiots who bang their doors into yours in the carpark and i'm planning to book a paintless dent repairer to get it fixed even though most people wouldn't even notice it.

Well said. I'm glad you've nearly got it back to how it was.

I also have a ripple in my car from some idiot opening their door into mine. Most people won't even notice mine either but I want to look spotless so I'm booking PDR too (in the next 2 weeks). Also have a scratch on the same side as the dent so I will get that fixed too.

If I cause some damage to it (and I have to previous cars), fine - it's my fault and I can cop it. I just hate when you have to pay for other peoples mistakes. Oh well, part of life, gotta make a decision - fix it or live with it. Maybe in a couple of years I wont be so uptight :)

I know how you feel. Its happened to me 3 times, twice when I wasnt there (one on each side of the car) and once by a school girl when I was in my car waiting for a friend, but she drove off before i realised what happened. Worst part is, the one on my passenger door is permanent since its right on the edge and you cant just simply knock it out... the only way to get rid of it is to get a brand new door

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:23 pm

I think the main problem is parking spaces are getting smaller and people are getting fatter lol.

billyboy wrote:
Blakey wrote:well i got my car serviced just recently and it came back with a huge deep scratch on the inner door paint like where the scuff plates go

This happened to me, went for the recall few weeks ago & found 2 small chips on passenger roof, just under gutter. Adamant they weren't there when dropping the car off. :roll:

Where are the dirty dealers that chipped/scratched your paint jobs?
I hope they fixed it for you guys at no charge?
RALLI//////ART

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:40 pm

nope they didn't no proof they did it but i know they did. as it wasn't there when i gave it to them.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Return to “Exterior”