***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Motor One paint treatment and protective coating

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Motor One paint treatment and protective coating

Postby lukeaday » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi guys.
Soon to get a new lancer ES and the dealer offered me this product.

Interior and exterior for $1300 with a life time waranty.

Does anyone else have it on their car.

Just wondering if it is worth the coin.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:59 pm

It's a waste of money imho.

Read the conditions. It won't help after you go out the dealership door.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a good understanding of paint as my Dad has spent all his working life painting and working on cars in work shops and as a Trade school teacher.

They claim that if something is spilt on the treated interior and it won't come off then they will re upholster the area!!

Any repairs done on the body work and they will re apply the coating free of charge.

They said that if I put a body kit on after wards then they will coat it for free?

With feedback like yours it really makes you wonder what sort of B/S
some of these sales people are fed and what B/S they pass on to honest customers.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Some of the paint protection products do work. But so does polishing your car and regular washes.

If you are worried about your interior, you can buy a 3m fabric protection product in a can for $20. You would probably get away with 1 can, maybe 2.

If you add a body kit, there is no way they will cover it for free.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Mate,

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY DEALER AFTER SALES PRODUCTS

..........EVER

It is ALWAYS a huge profit centre for the dealer and a TOTAL RIP OFF FOR YOU.

You can source better products usually far cheaper yourself such as paint protection products, tinting ,fabric protection etc.

Every time I have bought a car the prices they quoted for things was ludicrous compared to regular suppliers.

As somebody mentioned you can buy Scotchguard or whatever fabric protection in a can for $20 approx.

For Paint protection I recommend GLARE Polish with glassplexin. Google it and you will find retailers you can buy a basic kit consisting of the the Micro Finish pre polish and the Glare polish and a washing liquid, super concentrated that has glassplexin in it.

It actually prevents hardwater and washer liquid bug guts etc stains in the damn clear coat that would otherwise have to be buffed out with a fine cutting compound.
I have posted about this in a few threads. If you have any Q PM me.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm

Mate, if you want any of these products. Let me be of assistance, as you are in Melbourne. I have the ultimate product!

Toughseal is the product - 10,000X better than whatever the dealer can offer you, at 1/10 the price.

Paint protection outside - $90 (+labour)
Full car protection - $150 (+labour)

DON'T GET RIPPED OFF BY THE STUPID AFTERMARKET SALES RUBBISH LIKE I DID - I LEARNED THE HARD WAY, PLEASE DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO U!

Plus, it won't void your warranty if you polish and stuff this paint protection - i guarantee it!

Once you use this kit, you will NEVER bother about the dealer kits.

Keep in touch.

-EXALTD-

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 pm

HMMMM????

Looks like a days polishing might be in order rather than some rip off paint protection.

In regards to the scotch guard. The sales person said that products like that have harmfull chemicals in them especially for infants. I think she was just trying to pull a heart string or two with my wife in the room.

I have aquired some cans of scotch guard from my dads old work so scotchguard it is.

I am guessing that a high silicone content polish for the future chrome mags would be in order. Any products to look out for.

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Re: Motor One paint treatment and protective coating

Postby billyboy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:15 pm

lukeaday wrote:Interior and exterior for $1300 with a life time waranty.

Think thats far too much & the terms will say you'll need to have it re-applied every 3 years (your cost) & have it inspected every year to honor its lifetime warranty bs - I only found out after I put it on the options!

I got it for $350 (they wanted $600) Its been ok, but nothing like that 'just waxed' look, wont be making that mistake again. :x

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:20 pm

lukeaday wrote:In regards to the scotch guard. The sales person said that products like that have harmfull chemicals in them especially for infants. I think she was just trying to pull a heart string or two with my wife in the room.

The stuff that they use would be harmful for kids too. Anything in an aerosol can is harmful. Once you spray it on, and give it the required time to dry etc, there should be no reason why it would jeopardise your childrens health!

I paid less than $1000 for my leather interior from XFactor. Get some leather treament and you still come out cheaper than their ripoff product!!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Most dealers send the cars to tint-a-car or someone else like that. Tint-a-car offers the same deal as the dealer but at a third of the price

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

xiii
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby xiii » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

the paint protection wont last jack....

but the insurance on scratches and dents are pretty good if u think u gonna get them frequently i.e. drive on rocky areas n park frequently outdoors

its like 30 - 50 bucks to get a <15cm scratch removed

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 pm

There's no insurances against scratches and dents. I don't think it covers incidentals. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if they tell you they'll fix your dents and scratches for you, I think it's well worth it.

No one will ever warranty against these things.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Correction on ofey's above comment:

The dealer does offer this scratch and dent removal - at your expense. However if you do take it on, they sweeten the deal by telling you it's "free" service for a year with any of these incidents.

After that, it's all a fee to do... and the initial fee you pay is through the roof...

-EXALTD-

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:10 pm

The dealer offered a membership to a scratch and dent repair mobile service.
Unlimited claims @ $55 a pop without effecting the comprehensive insurance on the car.
They showed us pictures of damaged areas that they class as a $55 repair cost.
apparently 15 stone chips on the bonet class as one claim!
For me, 15 stone chips on a bonet classes as a bonet spot repair and full respray.
I will get a copy of that for back up when they tell me "the job is to big for a $55 fix"

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Doesn't it raise an eyebrow that thy're just offering one product after another?

Return to “Exterior”