***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Custom ES console upgrade

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:24 am

yeah, I'm considering getting them ALL printed for that reason - I can incorporate a texture into the model, and then PRINT the texture as well (goddamn these printers sound cool, I wanna own one!)

If I can print them ready-to-be-'colour matched' for $250-300... depending on the price of colouring it could be close to $300-350? Really a guess so don't get excited yet!

If I were to make them in my machines at work tho, they wouldn't be textured, just smooth, so I'd have to look into finishing a bit more than "just for colour"... which I'm assuming would cost more...

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:34 am

Yeah, well the console is still in its development stages, ill keep an eye out for any places that do apolustery (spelling?) and ill let you know
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks for bringing the console jazzy, it looks great man. Imo, better than i expected!

As soon as you get that thing painted, covered or whatever you want to do to it, you know what to do! Give me a buzzzz!!!!!

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:51 am

Yep! Got the prototype people - few things I didn't account for ie. - more room for big hands around the handbrake etc... but Mk2 of the console lid is being designed as I'm waiting for the chance to paint Mk1 with some interior texture/colour matched paint and see how that works for us - (found a great paint guy near my work who reckons he's matched it to the interior colour, I left him part of my car as a sample, so hopefully should be near identical!)
Also have to allow more room on the console for hardware (hinges etc.) so I MAY get Mk1 up and running, but Mk2 will be MUCH prettier without exposed hinges etc.

No pics as yet, it's just an ugly cream coloured box right now. Unfinished. But Tadz and I both agree the size is good, just needs to be that liiittle bit shorter to allow for easier access to handbrake/cupholder. Also as we discussed tadz, the front 'lip' of the 'top-lid' needs a bit more overhang, to make it easier to 'get ur fingers under it' to open.

I'll post pics as soon as I get it a bit closer to end product and post pics of Mk2 design once I've finished it!

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:01 am

Awesome to hear jazzy, any idea when you will get a call back from the guy from the painters?

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:10 am

I've got the paint!
It's sittin here, I just need available time and space at work so I can paint it, and just a few more holes to drill/hardware parts to receive (hinges, latch etc) and then it'll be done :-D

Just time now, the non-busy period is (thankfully) over and we're back in production again, so, might be a weekend job or something for me...

I'm itching to test the paint - wanna see just how close he got it :-)

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Just spray it somewhere and test it out!! I really wanna see it!!

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 pm

hrrr... just tested some...
NOT the greatest match, the guy said I can take it back and re-work it if it's not right, so might do that... guess I'll wait till it dries fully first tho - might look different when dry...

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Lets hope so, i think the cover for the splits are darker then the center console, maybe take out the cup holders and give them to him, maybe he can work something closing to where the center console will be better.

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:25 am

*bump*

How did this ambitious project work out?

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:02 pm

I'm funding it personally and haven't had the cash to get a second / refined model made up...
the first one turned out ok, colour matching was fairly good, size was a little too 'long' and I need to develop a cheap but good way of locking /closing the lid still.

In short. It's on the shelf at work at the moment. I will probably get back onto it soon since we're a little quieter... been on pause for a little while though, but with more time I am sure to pick up the project again soon... been working 6 days a week lately so couldn't be stuffed doing it on my day off - ;-)

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks for the update :)

Hope you get some time off soon, not just for the project, but 6 days a week is a killer!

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks champ ;-)
u and 2 local club members have inspired me, time to make time - we'll all be happy once it's done (hopefully!)

Pimpmyhubcap
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pimpmyhubcap » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Love your enthusiasm for custom products JazzyB. I too am looking for an "armrest" so am following this thread closely.

Cheers
Mick
2009 Red ES Lancer Sedan with 18" VRX Alloys and VR Lip Spoiler.
Next is..............shiny blingy things that are only seen when the door is open (missus sez WTF!!)

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Lol :-) Nice username ;-)

Cool man! It seems ppl are going to keep on wanting an ES console... u do learn to 'live with it' but it'll be much better once I get done - thanks again for the support ;-)

Return to “Interior”