***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

**NSW IMPORTANT** - Suspension rule change starting soon

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:25 pm

:lol:

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm

And I am in the process of buying springs lol....

Ah well will still get them.... I am sure between all my mates someone will know someone that can inspect the car for me!!!

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 pm

VICTORY FOR THE PEOPLE!!!!!

http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=37818

So there has been a lot of chatter over these last few weeks regarding the new law that is to be passed as at August 1 2009 regarding the modification to suspension on street cars.

Happy to report that as of this afternoon, (meeting with RTA, AAAA, Pedders Suspension, Fulcrum Suspension, King Spring Works and a few others including the NSW Roads Minister him self.

The RTA have decided for now that they will be deferring the law until further notice on advice of industry heads.
The RTA have also said that they jumped on board with out the proper advice of experts and the like from inside the trade.
It is possible that when a new law does come through (12 months or so I think) that it will require all lowered cars to have a self certified certificate thats has been given to them by the seller or installer and that will have to lodged with the RTA in NSW.

This is only up to and including drop or lift of 50mm (2")
I think the guys with Air Bagged utes and the like will still be stuffed.
But we will all be fine.

There should be a press release tomorrow and just thought you all might like a heads up.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Yay!! Victory for the people!!!!

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:03 pm

It isn't april 1st?

The NSW government actually talked to groups of people who actually know what they talk about!!!! Truely amazing!!

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:10 pm

They just know they need to not upset anymore people as they'll need every vote they can get come next election! :lol:

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Maybe it is a big stunt to get the lowering community to vote Labor hahahaha

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:49 pm

Stunt or not it seems that Nathan Rees has made many poor decisions in his short term as Premier. This knee jerk reaction to try and get the older population vote on board will backfire and the campaign highlighting the impact on the grey nomads and their altered Nissan Patrol they are towing a caravan with will be enough to have young and old voting liberals in the next election.

I know I will be. Had enough of living in the most highly taxed state in Australia and having the govt do nothing but think of other ways to slug me in the pocket. I am already swallowing $440 a year to have my number plates (still thinking about what I get in return except for 2 pieces of tin). They have increased vehicle registration charges in an attempt to raise revenue but say "Hey we never raised taxes!!".

NSW has been labor for long enough. Give the liberals a go. Maybe if we keep the govt swapping every 3-4 years they won't have a chance to get comfy and fornicate with our rear ends!!

The modifications to the car don't make the hoon. Regardless of what vehicle and what mods the hoon will be the one behind the steering wheel. FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION THERE!
You know that you have really got to someone when they invest personal time into tracking you down all over the internet.

You know who you are :)

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:00 pm

BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS, NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Mate who works for the RTA says the NSW Govt has put an indefinite suspension on this new legislation.

Now vote the idiots out before they think up some new scheme to mess with peoples hobbies!!
You know that you have really got to someone when they invest personal time into tracking you down all over the internet.

You know who you are :)

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Whoo Hoo now I can buy my Megan's with a clearer conscience
Sick of being dictated to by politicians!!
Now I can get stuck into my suspension mods
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

MitsuSales Miss
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby MitsuSales Miss » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am

when dealers lower your car we take it to a suspension business like pedders suspension and get them to do it then the dealer is invoiced then we put it on the deal and charge the buyer. all u need to do is ask the dealer for a copy of the original receipt. they should either give it to u or send u to the shop that they got to do it.
Try anything twice in life..... Second time just to make sure...

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 pm

When I put my raceing buckets into my ute I needed an engineers cert for it. The engineer I got was excellent and he put down every mod on the ute even to the tyre change for the recalabration of the speedo. As he said it costs $50 for the plate and 1 hour of his time ($50) may as well get the most for your money

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

POM23Q
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby POM23Q » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:19 pm

i agree how will they inforce it as different cars have different ride heights as well as changing your rim/tyre size also raises/lowers your ride height?
the old rule use to be over 100mm is ok at the bodies lowest point!
****I think im addicted to lancers I only have 1 or 2 (1 of every model since cc)****

Return to “New South Wales”