***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Scratching driver's window

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

m1n1on
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby m1n1on » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:41 pm

exaltd wrote:Final Update:

Well, got it back from the dealer today. They replaced it free of charge, after doing an inspection on the inside of the door panels and window channel, couldn't find any fault at all. They assured me it would not happen again, so let's see.

It took them half a day. They actually drove the car to MotorOne to get it done, so I guess they didn't do any on-site checks.

Couple of downsides... was happy with the prompt and welcoming service, however some technician reset my service interval timing (and I didn't get the car serviced! :x ) Now I have to remember to get my car service in March :(. And the other downside is I gotta remember not to open or clean my window for the next 2-3 days so the tinting won't move.... so no open window cruising for me :(, lucky it's raining for the next few days.

Thanks all for the advice again, and feel free to keep commenting :).

-EXALTD-

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=604&highlight=service+interval

might be able to fix the service interval with this DIY tutorial

Rina2009
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Rina2009 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:56 pm

did they replace the inside strips the problem is there is a rubber strip inside that get dirt on it and then the window scratches.

i hope they didnt cut the plastic down... and just give it back to you... i would check inside the doors to see what they did...

i went threw this... and i got all the door strips replaced free of charge..

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 pm

No, they actually got a new window tint on it, and it looks like some new interior window seals too :)

Yet to see the full details of the job done - i haven't wound down the window yet, as they advised me to not use it for 2 - 3 days while it settles.

Will keep u all informed. :)

-EXALTD-

dazzait
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby dazzait » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:36 am

Had the same problem with my tint. The dealers tinter just happened to arrive as I did. He said that there is a 2nd strip just under the top one and it sometimes is to stiff. He offered "trim" it back a bit to stop the scratches. The dealer manager disagreed and said that they will re-tint the window and if it happens again, he will take it up with Mitsubishi. They are going to do the tint when I get the 1500k service done, so should get done this week. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

dazzait
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby dazzait » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Had the 1500km service on Friday and the dealer had the tint replaced on the drivers window. Had to wait 48hrs before using the window but I'll seems ok at present. The wife picked the car up and of course she didn't ask if they did anything to the door or just replaced the tint. So as usual I'll have to phone when I get a chance.

Return to “Exterior”