***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Worse Mitsu Dealer ever

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kai
INACTIVE Member Account

Worse Mitsu Dealer ever

Postby Kai » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Well I would like to ramble, that I think that Southside Mitsubishi Cannington in WA is the worse. Their new car dealers dont budge, they hassle and they just dont care. The used car salespeople try to rip you off by selling the 08 model for the same price as a new one and try to convince you that its better and the parts department are just plain rude and unhelpful. In general just stay well clear of this dealership, i travelled to Rockingham some 30kms further away, for much more helpful friendly and reliable service.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:58 pm

that's where I got my car from :P

I had a fair few drama's and was pretty close to not buying from there and getting something else, but i persisted with it.
My mum also had dramas when she bought her 07 lancer from there too.

Agreed, don't buy from this dealership.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:10 pm

I had a shocking experience when buying the Evo X MR from Parramatta (Lincorp) Mitsubishi. The way I was treated belittled me and made me feel like a retard if I didn't sign on the line. At the end of the day I realised I'm the one with cash in hand, and if they want to push me to sign on the dotted line without even giving me a night to sleep on it... well, that's why I drive an Evo but it didn't come from their dealership.

In all fairness though, the salesman (Anthony) was an awesome guy- he tried his best and was very good at staying in contact prior to the sale. It's just that the dealership GM was a douche. If anyone is bothered, they can find my relevant post on EvoOz in the dealership experience thread on the Evo X board. I didn't mention dealership name in it out of respect, but anyone doing their research properly will be able to put 2+2 together.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:17 pm

I ordered some parts from Booths Tuggerah. About $450 worth.

They came in, rushed home to the coast from Sydney to get them. Turned up at about 4.30 and was told spare parts were closed to come back tomorrow by one of the service guys.

Although I had paid for them, and all I needed to do was pick them up he wouldn't help. He was quite rude about it. One of the sales guys saw me walking off pretty annoyed, and couldn't care less when I explained the situation.

On top of that, the paint flaked off my spoiler. Phoned the dealer and explained it and sent photos... they stuffed me around so I ended up just getting it repainted myself.

I have bought my last 2 cars there, and my parents have both bought cars there in the past. So much for customer service.

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Well in Melbourne, the Mitsubishi dealer in Frankston is pretty bad for pretty much the same reasons as stated in the first post.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:59 pm

The dealer i bought off actually thought my mum was buying the car despite she was standing off to the side while i was checking it out, jumping in and out of it etc.

guy goes up to her n says i see your interested in the lancer. I was like rofl what? Can understand not many 16 year olds get brand new cars but still. After the guy realised i wasnt a complete deadshit, got down to business and really happy with the service that i got there.

Kinda funny, one of my best mates dad works there and he said he will give me super discount servicing xD
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 pm

It's happened to all of us, seems to be a hit or miss affair with dealers.

I dont put up with any crap anymore (in any sales situation) & just walk away, their loss.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:03 pm

tadz0rz wrote:The dealer i bought off actually thought my mum was buying the car despite she was standing off to the side while i was checking it out, jumping in and out of it etc.

guy goes up to her n says i see your interested in the lancer. I was like rofl what? Can understand not many 16 year olds get brand new cars but still. After the guy realised i wasnt a complete deadshit, got down to business and really happy with the service that i got there.

Kinda funny, one of my best mates dad works there and he said he will give me super discount servicing xD

Try looking at an Audi, RX8, BMW 335i and an Evo. Funnily enough the Audi guy took a while to chat, the RX8 guy didn't even walk upto me (despite noone else in the dealership), BMW didn't speak to me until a woman (not a salesman) approached me to ask if I was looking for something (in a "are u lost" kindof way).... and the Evo, well at least the guy in Parramatta talked to me. The dealership as mentioned above turned out to be full of douches anyway.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:15 pm

You're all very lucky.. I have bought all my cars at the Govt. auctions over the last 22 years...

I may add that Toowoomba Mitsu is great for service, but they have an 'up the hill' tax on everything and also wont budge on parts prices, although Brisbane can supply stuff a lot cheaper. The are guessing most of us wont drive for the savings... WRONG!!!

Helpful post.

Tryg

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 am

JaCe wrote:I had a shocking experience when buying the Evo X MR from Parramatta (Lincorp) Mitsubishi. The way I was treated belittled me and made me feel like a retard if I didn't sign on the line. At the end of the day I realised I'm the one with cash in hand, and if they want to push me to sign on the dotted line without even giving me a night to sleep on it... well, that's why I drive an Evo but it didn't come from their dealership.

In all fairness though, the salesman (Anthony) was an awesome guy- he tried his best and was very good at staying in contact prior to the sale. It's just that the dealership GM was a douche. If anyone is bothered, they can find my relevant post on EvoOz in the dealership experience thread on the Evo X board. I didn't mention dealership name in it out of respect, but anyone doing their research properly will be able to put 2+2 together.

+1
They were very pushy with me as well and the guy had a little hissy fit.
RALLI//////ART

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 am

How's this for dealership shenanigans:

In the mail yesterday I get a letter from the dealer I purchased my car from advising me that I have a servie booked in on 24 August at 8am for the 7,500 'scheduled service'. I have to call them and advise whether or not that time suits and make an alternate time if it doesnt.....

That's a bit presumptuous isnt it? Assuming I will run to the dealer for an oil/filter change? If it was a letter advising that the time for the change was coming up and provided me with their service center phone number or something like that, it wouldnt be so bad. But to tell me they've already made me a day and time, which would confuse people that had no idea this service didnt have to be done by the dealer to preserve the roadside assist is a bit rude I reckon!

Has anyone else had a dealer do this??
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 am

:lol: Nope, only got a letter from a nearby dealer I had only bought spares from and they recently got bought out by new owners. They were offering me a free wheel alignments and car wash blah blah blah if I came to them for my 12 month service. I put the letter straight in the bin! Serviced my car myself, save myself the $200 extra they charge over the cost of the oil and filter!

That's awfully rude for them to do that, if it were me I wouldn't ring up and I wouldn't even turn up, stuff 'em!

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:56 am

Thats what I would do too..... That is unacceptable. It is all good and well to send you a friendly reminder but to book you in is silly and extremely pushy.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:42 am

Ryan_C wrote:That's awfully rude for them to do that, if it were me I wouldn't ring up and I wouldn't even turn up, stuff 'em!

You've got it Ryan...

It happens that I won't even be in the State on that day - it is quite rude to schedule me in and make me call them to confirm or change it.... It will surely dupe people that don't realise that intermediate services are not warranty/roadside assist essentials and can relatively easily be done at home for less than half the price....

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:50 am

The one dealership I hate here in VIC is Eastside Mitsubishi. I cannot understand for the life of me how they stay in business. They over quote and are plain Unfriendly. They think they're doing you a favour keeping you away from bad dealers who "overprice" when their price is generally higher.

I took my business elsewhere and with the amount of Lancers I've gotten my dealer Penfold in Burwood (count em 8 cars!). They made a big mistake.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”