***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Epic bad news.

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm being sponsored for the event - the engine is being returned to stock in two weeks.

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:02 pm

please take photos before you take it off.. because i think you'd be the first in the world to have a twin turbo 4B11.. pics or it never happened ;)

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Josh_Emerton wrote:I'm being sponsored for the event - the engine is being returned to stock in two weeks.

So how come we never heard about this before....
& why didn't you tell me?

it must be B.S......were are the Photos dude.

PHOTOS! please....josh....!

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Are my eyes deceiveing me....4B11TT? Are you serious if so WHY?????

2 oil drains, 4 water lines, 2 oil feeds, a custom manifold from hell and Turbo lag measured in hours... with only 2 cylinders driving each turbo compressor you would need about 15,000rpm to get into the efficency curve of the turbo, unless each turbo is the size of a baby squirrel. Which brings me back to my original question....WHY????

PMR
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby PMR » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:22 pm

40 k over in one go mate?

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Josh_Emerton wrote:Tarquin - the 1x person rule is frankly stupid. Ever heard of a designated driver? My mate got done for it, with me as one of the passengers, and I asked the copper at the time what he expected us to do, as we all lived 20-30k's out of town, and we'd all gone clubbing. We had no money for a taxi, and we had a sober driver. Wheres the problem?

I agree there are issues with the rule but for the most part, it does more good than harm. If you're going to be placed in a situation where you are likely to break the 1x passenger rule either leave the party early or have a plan. Simple. Same thing applies to P Plates- why you'd only have a single set knowing full well this sortof shit happens...

As far as I can tell this whole episode has been a case in point of why we have a penalty/punishment system that gets more severe the more times you break the law. Clearly tickets/fines didn't do the trick in getting you to follow the rules, so now you move up the rank to the next punishment.

And I was 21 when I bought my Evo with only 1 speeding ticket (54km/h in 40km/h school zone at 2:30; no flashing lights) in my "driving life". That was enough to teach me a lesson to slow down and watch out for school zones. I'm no angel, but at least I'm not stupid enough to get penalised multiple times.

Anyway I think if you guys are gonna praise his turbo setup and ask for info on it, it's best done in a separate thread. I think it detracts from the meaning/seriousness of the issue here and sorry to make you into an example Josh, but as Oz pointed out to me at a meet- when you have the ClubCJ logo on your car you represent everyone in the club, and if the club gets a bad rep, it hurts everyone. Maybe not so obvious yet, but longer term implications could include issues with sponsorship, getting access to venues for meets, dealing with external parties, or even just proving to the police that ClubCJ is not a club full of hoons.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:10 pm

[quote="JaCe"]
And I was 21 when I bought my Evo with only 1 speeding ticket (54km/h in 40km/h school zone at 2:30; no flashing lights) in my "driving life".quote]

Flashing lights?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Down in NSW they have big signs with flashing lights to indicate school zone is active. Some schools however don't have such driver aids.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:36 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Down in NSW they have big signs with flashing lights to indicate school zone is active. Some schools however don't have such driver aids.

Correct- it was the road between Carlingford and Epping. Now there is flashing lights signage after a lot of people got caught there unaware it's a school.

nutterbug
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby nutterbug » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Adrian, your driving record sounds like mine cept I still haven't been pulled over or RBT'd. :P
8, It's a Melbourne record :P

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:37 am

Sorry to hear you lost ur license, but good to see ur looking on the bright side - ie saving money and doing more stuff to your car later on!! Stay positive =D

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:45 pm

hey josh sorry to hear about ur licence, but yeh i think people are bashing u cos they are not from up here, dont no how some of these cops are, and yes we all speed at time

on u disrespecting the cop n he disrespecting u i will not even go into that but yes some of them are fags
Uchiha Itachi

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:46 pm

oh n yeh one more thing, whens the turbo comeing tell me so i can come n see it lolz
Uchiha Itachi

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 am

The_Bandit wrote:It's not good enough - you can make all the excuses you like (downhill, bad cops, whatever) but the fact is, you are on your Ps and points on Ps are limited for a reason - being reduced experience of the driver. You knew the restrictions when you got your licence.

+1,000,000

This is what I was meaning to say Josh.... I think my anger at the content of this thread prompted me to type some things I shouldn't have.

This is the respect you P Platers (all of you) need to give the rules they have enforced.... new rules or not... they are the rules...
There are serious reasons for cutting the younger drivers privileges on the roads, and everything you have written in this thread (and others about your police incidents) are clear reasons for all of them imo.

No money left for taxi you say...? Don't go clubbing then if you can't get home or perhaps save some cash for a taxi..... wow... there's a thought.

You don't drink - Excellent, good for you... Then take 1x drunk mate home with your P Plates on your car and get the others to all chip in for a taxi of their own.... easy fixed....

I'm not saying your an incompetent driver, or don't know what your doing behind the wheel - I'm pretty sure on a track you might whip my arse.... but when the P Plate rules are like they are, you need to modify your attitude to suit the driving restrictions being placed on you.

I'm always driving to the conditions - what ever the speed, and normally no more than 10% over.... That one large fine for me, was my benchmark fine and my attitude adjuster to driving as qa whole - I hope this is for you.
In my 10+ years of driving, I have had my full 12 Pts for the past 6-7 years.
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”