***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Interesting read for WA members

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Interesting read for WA members

Postby Graham » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Something we should all sort of know anyway, but it's always good to keep up to date with the traffic laws and stuff.

Road Traffic Code 2000

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_2007_homepage.html

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/pco/prod/FileStore.nsf/Documents/MRDocument:7406H/$FILE/RoadTrfcCd2000_02-d0-09.html?OpenElement

A list of most of the fines and stuff that you could get done for.

such as this one silly law (not that it's silly, but if you have an angry cop he could always ping you for something like that..):

112. Keeping as far left as practicable

(1) Except where these regulations provide otherwise, a driver shall keep the vehicle as close as practicable to the left boundary of the carriageway, except where 2 or more lanes marked on the carriageway are available exclusively for vehicles travelling in the same direction.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:44 pm

That's a perfectly accepatable rule in my opinion.

It means where no lines are marked on two way road, you shouldn't drive on the right side or down the middle. Common sense I would have thought??
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:56 pm

That's true, I can see why it's in place but it's another reason for an officer to book you if he's on a mission and you've done nothing wrong.

Obviously if you're driving in the middle of the road in on an unmarked lane then it's there for that reason but on a road with marked lanes most road users would stay in the middle of the lane rather than toward the left and there's always some who stay more towards the right.

If only there was an police car behind me on Sunday morning (1:30am, coming back from a cruise) on the freeway. This car was all over their lane and even came into my lane almost hitting me.. had to hit the brakes so they didnt hit me.. Hit the horn then got a bit of distance between me and them.

(I was taught to drive towards the left of the road anyway, so that's how I always drive)

ImageImage

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:03 pm

The rule doesn't apply where there are lane markings.

But yes, I do a lot of night driving in my work and I wish there were more police around 'after dark'..... some of the stupidity that goes on is unbelievable.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:17 pm

hmm the rule states that it doesnt apply if there are two lanes going in one direction, but it doesnt say if theres lines or not unless it's written someone else or something.

ImageImage

Return to “Western Australia”