***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

"Transmission Service Required" Message (Pic) 2011

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ibfragalot2
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

"Transmission Service Required" Message (Pic) 2011

Postby ibfragalot2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:56 pm

About 4 months ago my wife got this "Transmission Service Required" message flash on the screen while she was driving on the freeway. No noises or anything else. The message disappeared once she arrived and stopped / restarted the car.

At the 75,000k service I asked them to check this and they found no error codes (Mitsubuishi Service Centre Berwick VIC)

Again this afternoon the message appeared, and my wife took a picture. Again it disappeared after the car was stopped. She notes she was slowing from 80 to 60 when it appeared, but nothing unusual. No noises or weird movements or anything.

I've searched the 'net and not found much about this error in non-turbo models, but plenty of talk in relation to the Turbos (SST?)... really hoping this is just a glitch and isn't going to cost me megabucks.

rustybucket
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby rustybucket » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:27 pm

I have seen this on an es Lancer. A few days after the message came up the battery was dead. New battery fixed the problem.
not sure if it's the same for you though.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:30 pm

do a battery health check. electronics are very sensitive to voltage drops. and can really act up if its not at the correct constant voltage.
Otherwise if the battery is fine I noticed that your at 80k on your ODO.
Has your transmission fluid been replaced prior to this? The interval says 90k but everyone can attest to needing to be changed at around 45k
This is for both CVT and TC-SST.

I don't think anyone is getting the 90k mileage out of the fluid.

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:02 am

My bet is on battery as well, when mine was pretty flat i was getting "ASC service required" while i was driving. After I run some diagnostics it came back with no errors, not long after the car didn't want to start and doing wired noises and the dash was full with errors. Got a guy to have a look at it thinking something went wrong pretty bad, but he told me to relax and replace the battery because is on her way out. Done that and all good since. :)

ibfragalot2
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ibfragalot2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:46 am

Very interesting...

I'm not sure if the fluid has been changed yet - i have'nt specifically asked for it to be. I had suggested it at the 75k service when mentioning the problem but the dealer brushed it off. I notice it's a requirement for 90k.... so it will get done then, but damn... wish I'd got it done already.

The battery thing is also very interesting. Entirely possible too. Once or twice in the past year I've noticed a sluggish start.

Will check out both. Very helpful, thanks all
:)

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:50 pm

:D Let us know how you go :)

Return to “Maintenance”