***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Takeda Stage 2 SRI - General Information & Installation

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MyEducation
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Takeda Stage 2 SRI - General Information & Installation

Postby MyEducation » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Hey guys! thought I'd post this up on here seeing as I couldnt find any information regarding it when i was looking for it haha :P

So in this I'm referring to the Takeda Stage 2 SRI made for the 2.4L Part.no: TR-4203P. This model pictured:

First of all, yes it does fit the 2L. Although this means you'd need to find yourself some extra intake piping. Shown in the bottom circle in the picture below. In the picture shows about 20cm of intake piping, that was slightly pre-bent at about 30 degrees. It seems that most good garages have these lying around haha, or you can buy some from an auto store for around $10. You'll also need 2 hose clamps to fit them on.

Secondly, it does fit the "new" model airbox. The one in the picture is from my 2012 Lx (2.0 L). I think the "newer" airboxes came in the MY09+. There's some information on it on one of the SRI threads, I'll find a link later.

If you have a strut bar, chances are it wont clear it, as it is too high :( . In the picture is a strut bar off an Evo X. Did some measuring and the evo x has about 2cm of clearance from the base of the strut to the lowest point of the bar that crosses the engine.
If you have an after market one or are looking to get one, it would have to have atleast 5cm of clearance (measured from strut nut base to lowest point of bar in terms of height).
This strut bar. Or the one in the picture above

Some other things:
-No, it does not have the loudest intake noise, actually quite conservative but you do get to hear its nice intake sound. (I only could describe it as the cabin sound from inside Honda civic hitting vtec, except more deep)
-If you want to know, I bought this for $180 second hand from another CCJ member, I believe they go for about $360 inc shipping from US. The other member sources it from here http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=TR-4203P&menu=gas&&brandID=78
-Do I feel any power increase? Yeah, feels like there's quite a bit more torque and feels more responsive overall
-I feel as though it changed my exhaust note very slightly
-No I have not gotten a tune for it yet, although it is recommended and I believe it should feel quite different once it's done!

Brief How to install:
Removing old parts
1. Remove the 2 top clips from the air box
2. Remove the MAF (The square shaped thing sitting ontop of the rubber, held on by 2 screws) by disconnecting the wiring loom connection and then unscrewing the 2 screws
3. Disconnect the other piping coming from the engine side
4. Remove other screws and nuts (forgotten how many ><) holding the stock black rubber piping in
5. Take out the left half of the airbox along with the piping
6. Remove air filter (white spongy kind of thing. Or brown if it's been in there for a while lol)

Putting in new parts
8. Place the Metal unit with the pod filter in it to where the left half of the air box used to be. Should be a good fit.
9. Slide in metal piping supplied to test fit
10. Test fit the extra intake piping connection between the end of the metal piping and the into the engine inlet
11. Once you're happy with the fitment hose clamp all the piping together (1 on engine end, 1 to where the metal meets the extra piping, and the two provided clamps where the metal piping meets the metal enclosure with the pod filter in it.
12. Screw MAF back on and give the wiring loom a good tug to give it some length, otherwise it wont reach!
13. Plug back the pipe from the engine that connects remaning hole in the metal piping

AND YOU'RE DONE! (I think haha, dont think i missed anything :P)

NOTE: By no means am I an expert, nor am I a qualified mechanic, and if you do feel uncomfortable take it to your mechanic for it to be done (quite simple, they should only charge like $80)

Feel free to shoot questions on this thread, and hope this helps :)
Also sorry if this is in the wrong section, couldn't really find a suitable place![/img][/u]

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:39 pm

And now for the bad news:

I have found this product to be the worst intake mod on the normally aspirated Lancers I have ever seen.

A chap I had to tune a week or so ago had one of these and it was messing with the fuel metering so badly the car was untunable.

The air fuel ratio at wide open throttle just got to 13.9:1.
So lean in fact the car felt totally flat and made no power.
And heres the rub, there is almost nothing wrong with the stock intake setup. Just add a Ralliart snorkle and the rad cover mod and you are done.

Distressed and depressed to see another one of these intake mod disasters.

MyEducation
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MyEducation » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:32 pm

merlin wrote:And now for the bad news: I have found this product to be the worst intake mod on the normally aspirated Lancers I have ever seen. A chap I had to tune a week or so ago had one of these and it was messing with the fuel metering so badly the car was untunable. The air fuel ratio at wide open throttle just got to 13.9:1. So lean in fact the car felt totally flat and made no power. And heres the rub, there is almost nothing wrong with the stock intake setup. Just add a Ralliart snorkle and the rad cover mod and you are done. Distressed and depressed to see another one of these intake mod disasters.

haha I see, Just wondering if it was the 2.4L that you tuned

Quite a bit of debate, seems like the panel filter is the way to go, + raliart snorkel. But was looking for a bit of grunt/intake noise >.<

Hopefully Beeble/Adam can pull something out of his ... hat haha
Fingers crossed :roll:

Return to “General Talk”