*CLOSED* EBC Pads & RDA Rotors

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Sorry to chime in without my EOI...

Are you factoring in any post-arrival duties for importing more than AUD$1000 in goods, as you would be in a group buy...

I started fjr13.org and bought/imported a thousand iridium plugs for this Yammie bike. I had to pay a commensurate import duty for these items.

Just my 2c

Tryg

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:01 pm

daveee wrote:
At that sort of cost you can bring in 2 sets of each at under $1000AUD.

yep

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:38 am

Had a reply from the place in England. Before giving any better pricing than what is listed on their website they obviously need to know what people want.

Without any discounts approx pricing is:

Red stuff Front Pads DP31614C = $100AUD
Red Stuff Rear Pads PartNoUnknown = $100AUD*
Green Stuff Front Pads DP21614 = $82AUD
Green Stuff Rear Pads DP21563 = $76AUD
EBC Slotted Dimpled Discs GD7380 = $200AUD

* Will be cheaper than this, place holder pricing.

Shipping is tricky, for a full set (discs + front and rear pads) you can only bring in 2 sets under $1000AUD. This means to avoid hassles with re-shipping once everything arrives we need to pair up with someone in the same state.

If people are just after brake pads, group shipping by state is available and shipping costs are extremely low as you can bring 10 sets of pads (5 people wanting full sets), possibly more if there are no Red Stuffs being ordered.

So far I'm only getting pricing on 2x full sets (full set = discs, front, rear).

If anyone wants anything else let me know.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Well after passing on the fact that we have cheaper prices from the UK, here are the new parts list. Those in the know, please check part numbers please.

Front pads for everything from ES to Ralliart are:
GreenStuff Part Number DP21614 (2 off) = A$95
Red Stuff Part Number DP31614 (2 off) = A$120

And for the request of the '95 K11 Micra:
Rotor RDA920S (2) = A$115
Green DP2946 (4) = A$85

Stay tuned for more... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

LonePhantom
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby LonePhantom » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:37 pm

ofey wrote:Well after passing on the fact that we have cheaper prices from the UK, here are the new parts list. Those in the know, please check part numbers please.

And for the request of the '95 K11 Micra:
Green DP2946 (4) = A$85

Stay tuned for more... .

Sorry is that price for rotors as a pair, and are they slotted? And the pads for the front brakes only?

Thanks for chasing this up.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:30 am

Just to throw a spanner in the works, shipping is 150UKP - $300~ AUD for 2 full sets

2 full sets are 35kg.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:35 am

LonePhantom wrote:And for the request of the '95 K11 Micra:
Green DP2946 (4) = A$85

Sorry is that price for rotors as a pair, and are they slotted? And the pads for the front brakes only?

Well the $115 gets you a pair of Rotors. Yes they're slotted.
I'll have to check about the pads.

daveee wrote:Just to throw a spanner in the works, shipping is 150UKP - $300~ AUD for 2 full sets

2 full sets are 35kg.

You mean at our new prices, you were still looking to buy from the UK?

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 am

I didn't see your post there, fairly mental day at work yesterday.. That is a whole lot better!

Do we have prices on discs/rear pads yet?
Nice work ofey :)

LonePhantom
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby LonePhantom » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks ofey, that sounds great. Yeah I only need front rotors and pads, the car has drums on the back. Once we know postage and total cost I should be right to go with this.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:39 am

Well it all depends on the price they give you for the rotors ofey plus it's going to depend on whether or not they can get redstuff rears.

UK prices from daveeee

2x $100 Pads (although rears are likely to be less)
$200 rotors
$150 (if shipped as a set of two to daveee)
TOTAL: $550

RDA Direct:
$120 fronts
$100-110 rears
Couriered to NSW approx $20-30/set

so to keep to keep under a total of $550 we'll need to get a price around the $300 mark on the grooved and dimpled rotors.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 pm

We're still waiting on the VRX, OE, Aspire, RA Rotor pricing. Here's what I have so far:

DP31614
Front Pads (ES, VR, VRX & RA)
Quoted @ A$120

DP31563
Rear Pads (ES & VR)
Unavailable (only available EX US)

DP31407
Rear Pads (VRX)
Unavailable (only available EX US)

or

DP21614
Front Pads (ES, VR, VRX & RA)
Quoted @ A$95

DP21563
Rear Pads (ES, VR)
Quoted @ A$88

DP61407
Rear Pads (VRX, OE, Aspire & RA)
Quoted @ A$75

ROTORS

Front Base Rotor (Single Price each)
GD7380 (ES & VR) = RDA7896
Quoted @ A$70 (2weeks lead time)

Front Slotted Rotor (Pairs priced)
RDA7896S (ES & VR)
Quoted @ A$195

Front Grooved & Dimpled Rotors (Gold Anodised) (Pairs Priced)
RDA7896G (ES & VR)
Quoted @ A$228

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Not a bad price for the ES/VR rotors. If the VRX ones come in at under $250 it should be okay. I may consider green stuffs on the rear.

tokmaster
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tokmaster » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 am

umm ok im very very lost! ofey im probaly going to jump in the group buy as i have money now and finshed my new clutch for my car...im very lost about what is going on about the rotors n pads..with all these different costs...

ill be wanting

Red Stuff Front Pads ES
Red Stuff Rear Pads ES (i hear it is unaviable, does this mean there not going to make the rear pads ES in red stuff??)i know there is green stuff rear pads so im not that fussed about going to green stuff rear pads...but i will still prefer red stuff rear....
Front Slotted and Dimpled Rotors ES
Rear Slotted and Dimpled Rotors ES, now i hear the rear rotors are unavaible...do you know what is going on with them??have they made them or what??? i know rear rotors are kinda pointless but it would look stupid havnt slotted n dimpled rotors at the front n stockies at the back...2 be honest i would laugh if i saw a car done up like that..

So if i can get

Red Stuff Front Pads ES
Red Stuff Rear pads ES
Front Slotted and Dimpled Rotors ES
Rear Slotted and Dimpled Rotors ES

ive got the CASH Ready....

can you get back to me
Custom Headers (better than RRM ask me),,RRM v2 Pulley,,rrm V1 Intake with Drift Pod Filter..Drift Oil Catch Can..High FLow Cat..carbon fiber muffler..

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:48 am

Read the thread and in particular ofey's post only two above yours :roll: :roll:

as you'll see no one has requested grooved and dimpled pads for the ES/VR for the rear and hence ofey hasn't got a price and as you'll see the DO make rear red pads, but they are ex-USA.

Who cares it the front and rears look different and make you want to laugh, your posts are ALWAYS stupid (and usually almost to the point of being incomprehensible) and always makes us laugh at you

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 am

Right now, calm down boys.

We all have opposing views.
Ryan_C got it right that we don't have red stuff prices for the rear since it's an EX-USA item. My contact tells me that The US company paid for the tooling of the brake pads so only they have access to it. Australia didn't take part in it. You can't even get it in the UK supposedly though I would disagree since the headquarters are there.

The reason why I don't have the rear rotor prices is that they're still trying to ascertain the sizing. There's alot of confusion at the moment at RDA about the part numbers for the rear.

As for the point made about having front then NOT having rear rotors, I spoke to the guy at RDA and he said something along the lines of :

"if you have a rear wheel drive car, you'd have to do rear rotors. Vice versa with front wheel drive cars. The only people that do all 4 are AWD cars or knobs who have too much money and don't know any better. Imagine a front wheel drive car capable of a maximum of only 113kw having front and rear rotors? It's not safety, it's stupidity"

I promise you I didn't make that up.

Still if you wanna do it, so long as you front the cash, who cares what you do to your car right? As Ryan_C put it, you have a laugh at others expense, let others have a laugh too at your expense... .

Harsh... but fair point... .

Return to “Group Buys Service”