My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:11 am

:) 8) :welcome: :wink: :P
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 am

Welcome :D

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:09 am

lonesome_pwince wrote:[quote:b8228de99a=VRX_08][quote:8e4e5b4eb7=lonesome_pwince][quote:1e46055a2c=VRX_08][quote:1c72f90b35=lonesome_pwince][quote:2019e03f47=VRX_08][quote:663b5e1c92=lonesome_pwince]thanks VRX_08, and nice cj vrx you have. :)[/quote:663b5e1c92] Thanks man! :D It is pretty much a stock standard VRX with the Rockford Fosgate sound system! :D[/quote:2019e03f47] aaah lucky man, you got the rockford. *rockon* unlucky me, the woman who owned my ride before me did not opt for the rockford, so sad, waaah! *Cry*[/quote:1c72f90b35] Yeah it is a fairly expensive luxury to add on but I am so glad the previous owner had it put in! One of the reasons I bought the car! :D[/quote:1e46055a2c] yeah ive been hearing the rockford is quite expensive. good find though. my stock system is not too bad for what it is, i mainly have my iphone hooked up to it via aux for music, still sounds better than my sound system i had in my old magna ts (my previous car).[/quote:8e4e5b4eb7] Yes totally agree the stock sound system is quite decent if you have a play with the settings you can get quite a bit out if it, I have played around with the stock sound system to as well as the Rockford Fosgate and got quite a bit out of it![/quote:b8228de99a] wouldve sounded awesome from behind in the trunk i could imagine. curious to know, are there any vibration issues in regards to the factory subwoofer?

Yes I have a lot of vibration issues even on low volume with the stock sub! But I love it, you can see the spoiler vibrating through the back window!

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:36 am

Greetings. If you liked your sound then an aftermarket system sounds a ton better than the RF system every time, and cheaper to boot.
Re mods, $15 boost pill and a free base tune flash will give you far more bang for buck than anything else, and changing the cat also boosts power and deepens the exhaust note, whereas a catback just changes the exhaust tone
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

CakeMixJ23
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CakeMixJ23 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Welcome!
Jo's Madgius Dogilus Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=16183

glyken
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby glyken » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:33 pm

welcome to the club sir!

Rowlesy6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Rowlesy6 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Hey welcome to the club :)
Blue 09 Ralliart
///// /////

(cj-blue) *rockon*
Current Mods
- K&N Filter
- Evo X BOV
- Lenso D1R Wheels
- Evo X Wing/Spoiler
Upcoming Mods
- Coilovers
- Exhaust

lonesome_pwince
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby lonesome_pwince » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:08 am

Mystique wrote:Welcome!! :)

thanks! :)

lonesome_pwince
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby lonesome_pwince » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:15 am

bunnishiwa wrote:Greetings. If you liked your sound then an aftermarket system sounds a ton better than the RF system every time, and cheaper to boot. Re mods, $15 boost pill and a free base tune flash will give you far more bang for buck than anything else, and changing the cat also boosts power and deepens the exhaust note, whereas a catback just changes the exhaust tone

ah, the sound system part, that's just a conversation regarding VRX_08's RF, because my ride didn't come with it, was just curious about it's quality that's all. the sound system upgrade on my end can wait for later.

at the moment, priority lies in my exhaust system, which i want to replace so badly, can't stand the 'naturally aspirated' quietness. i want JDM deep note kind of tone to give the car a mean sound.
as i said, i'm still after the same or similar setup as R4LLI4RT's system, might even look into replacing the stock cat with a high flow one. i'm still new at this so bear with me.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 am

Nice to see another RA from VIC. PM Irving (ofey) so he can add you to our FB group and you can attend our meets.

No offence to CCJ girls, but most lady-driven cars tend to have poor suspension, because they don't tend to slow down on humps or ramps. If it doesn't feel solid, or if you hear any rattles or 'blog' sounds, then it might be best to bring your ride down to Pedders. Again, this stereotype does not apply to women who love their cars and drive them properly.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

lonesome_pwince
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby lonesome_pwince » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:40 am

squala wrote:Nice to see another RA from VIC. PM Irving (ofey) so he can add you to our FB group and you can attend our meets. No offence to CCJ girls, but most lady-driven cars tend to have poor suspension, because they dont tend to slow down on humps or ramps. If it doesnt feel solid, or if you hear any rattles or blog sounds, then it might be best to bring your ride down to Pedders. Again, this stereotype does not apply to women who love their cars and drive them properly.

thanks squala, yes, i figured that ra owners from vic are sort of rare these days compared to nsw ra owners.

and yes, i kind of do agree with you regarding the 'everyday average women and cars don't mix' stereotype part to a certain extent, but for those women who have truly looked after their cars prior to selling them, are those who i have respect for.

as far as the condition, at least i know for sure that the car hasn't been thrashed; i have no problems with regards to suspension so far, but yes, i will have the suspension looked at sometime in the future when my financial permission permits me to.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:04 am

squala wrote:No offence to CCJ girls, but most lady-driven cars tend to have poor suspension, because they dont tend to slow down on humps or ramps. If it doesnt feel solid, or if you hear any rattles or blog sounds, then it might be best to bring your ride down to Pedders. Again, this stereotype does not apply to women who love their cars and drive them properly.

Of course - No offence to CCJ guys, but most men-driven cars tend to have poor engines, because they dont tend to slow down on back roads or freeways. If it doesnt feel solid, or if you hear any rattles or bang sounds, then it might be best to bring your ride down to a mechanic. Again, this stereotype does not apply to men who love their cars and drive them properly.

:P
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03

- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)

- Lowered on Kings

- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP

- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system

- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 am

Nice one Marc! :-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”