***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Anyone Know merlin ECU tuning ?

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Sun May 11, 2014 11:42 am

I would like to see one with a set of Tomie or Camtec 270 cams and run on e85, that would be sweet!

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun May 11, 2014 11:59 am

merlin wrote:Zaphod, those are the best mods, and really the only mods you should bother to make, unless going nutso. These cars do respond VERY well to a 200 cell CAT and exhaust. The stock headers are ok so not a huge gain by upgrading them. The Ralliart intake snorkle is a good mod, with a good panel filter, like a Cosworth (blue) or a Ralliart (red) if you can find one and afford it. But the stock panel filter is pretty good as is. I would not recommend the K&N panel filter. The green HKS panel filter is good too, for tarmac use, I would not recommend it for dirt road use. There are a few other tricks that I point out on tune day too.

Thanks for that! - I didn't touch the cat as the dealership said it could "affect the warranty", but I've ordered an RA snorkel and Cosworth panel filter from Megatron, so hopefully it won't be too much longer!

:-D

Cheers!
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sun May 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for that! - I didnt touch the cat as the dealership said it could affect the warranty, but Ive ordered an RA snorkel and Cosworth panel filter from Megatron, so hopefully it wont be too much longer! :-D Cheers![/quote]

I thought you thought the RA intake wouldn't fit for you?[/quote]

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun May 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Zaphod wrote:Thanks for that! - I didnt touch the cat as the dealership said it could affect the warranty, but Ive ordered an RA snorkel and Cosworth panel filter from Megatron, so hopefully it wont be too much longer! :-D Cheers!
lantourismo wrote:I thought you thought the RA intake wouldnt fit for you?

No, you thought I thought you thought I thought the RA intake wouldnt fit, but I was led to believe the panel filter is a different size (yet TBC); even if the RA snorkel is slightly different, no doubt a suitable length of silicon hose would make them mate properly. If not, straight on GumTree!

:-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sun May 11, 2014 2:48 pm

merlin wrote:Zaphod, those are the best mods, and really the only mods you should bother to make, unless going nutso. These cars do respond VERY well to a 200 cell CAT and exhaust. The stock headers are ok so not a huge gain by upgrading them. The Ralliart intake snorkle is a good mod, with a good panel filter, like a Cosworth (blue) or a Ralliart (red) if you can find one and afford it. But the stock panel filter is pretty good as is. I would not recommend the K&N panel filter. The green HKS panel filter is good too, for tarmac use, I would not recommend it for dirt road use. There are a few other tricks that I point out on tune day too.

Someone on here told me, and I read about on US forums that they fit a 4G69 throttle body in place of ours? What can you say about this?

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sun May 11, 2014 2:52 pm

Zaphod wrote:[quote:192c3b9303=Zaphod]Thanks for that! - I didnt touch the cat as the dealership said it could affect the warranty, but Ive ordered an RA snorkel and Cosworth panel filter from Megatron, so hopefully it wont be too much longer! :-D Cheers![/quote:192c3b9303] [quote:192c3b9303=lantourismo]I thought you thought the RA intake wouldnt fit for you?[/quote:192c3b9303] No, you thought I thought you thought I thought the RA intake wouldnt fit, but I was led to believe the[i:192c3b9303] panel filter[/i:192c3b9303] is a different size (yet TBC); even if the RA snorkel is slightly different, no doubt a suitable length of silicon hose would make them mate properly. If not, straight on GumTree! :-)

You got to many thoughts Martin.

Ok so in a way your car will be a Guinea Pig on this one. It would have been good to do some comparison and perhaps try someone's RA filter at a qld meet?

empror
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby empror » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Sorry to be reviving an old thread, looking at doing my hi-flo cat and possibly a 4g69 throttle body before contacting Merlin for a tune, this is I guess more of a question for Merlin, but if anyone has any experience with the throttle body swap, were the improvements worth the cost? Still likely to do it regardless, because, as the kids say, YOLO, but just curious, as no one answered the question regarding it above.
Some of our American counterparts seem to be enjoying them, but yet to see Dyno sheets from it, just butt dyno.

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:06 am

Zaphod wrote:[quote:192c3b9303=Zaphod]Thanks for that! - I didnt touch the cat as the dealership said it could affect the warranty, but Ive ordered an RA snorkel and Cosworth panel filter from Megatron, so hopefully it wont be too much longer! :-D Cheers![/quote:192c3b9303] [quote:192c3b9303=lantourismo]I thought you thought the RA intake wouldnt fit for you?[/quote:192c3b9303] No, you thought I thought you thought I thought the RA intake wouldnt fit, but I was led to believe the[i:192c3b9303] panel filter[/i:192c3b9303] is a different size (yet TBC); even if the RA snorkel is slightly different, no doubt a suitable length of silicon hose would make them mate properly. If not, straight on GumTree! :-)

I'm led to believe The airbox was change don the 2013 Lancer, if you can find a 2012 or before it will take a K&N filter

Return to “New South Wales”