***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Farewell to Zaphod's lovely blue car...

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 am

Bugger! Martin, sorry to see u go :(
you`ll have to bring the colt on a cruise? *cheer2*
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:39 am

Lots of OEM accessories for that Colt actually, if you're so inclined... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:49 pm

I used to own a RA Colt..fun little cars..go check out Rcolt.com..
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Will have to catch up to exchange jars for chutney!

There are a few from the Colt club that frequent meets like Downshift.

Kalt / Al is a member is Melbourne here and with Colt club as well but I haven't seen him online in awhile or spoken to him lately.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:56 pm

:C
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:13 pm

mephisto69 wrote:Yeah Martin you dont have to leave the Club. Become an Alumni member. If Mitch can do it with his Kia then you can do it with your new Mitsi Colt, and Mitch if you read this Im using you as an example and no other reason cause your Sportage rocks. Its sad to see your blue flash go but hopefully the new owner will join the club. Then itd be like a family reunion at every meet or cruise.
not a problem mate :-)

Mits
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Mits » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Sorry to hear this :/ will miss you Martin and was great to have you around :)

- Best of luck! Sean

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:17 pm

just coz your loosing the cars doesnt mean you have to gooooooooo .... (as some think lol) ..... stay ................ i did .... :)
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Good luck with the new car *cheer2*
(cj-grey)Ride of the Month April 2011
My ride thread: Click here!
My garage: Click here!

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 pm

squala wrote:Its always sad to see a lost Lancer, be it sold or wrecked. I felt the same way when I parted ways with my 2009 Platinum. Even if I upgraded, it was still a bit heartbreaking as that car didnt fail me. I would have wanted to keep both but circumstances didnt permit. Basically, when I traded it in, I just tried not to look at it and drove away in the blue car. I hope to see you fulfill your RA dream soon. Prices will keep dropping so it will get easier and easier to acquire one.

I'm surprised at how getting rid of the Lancer affected me, I've had dozens of cars, but I finally figured it out; It's all the time I've spent researching, modding, talking with you guys that made the difference - all the changes I made to the car were like a 'bit of me' going into it... I guess I just bonded with it more than the other cars! :-)

And you're right - thanks to being screwed over in the new FTA with Japan, the imports will be getting cheaper! :-D

sleeper wrote:Bugger! Martin, sorry to see u go :( you`ll have to bring the colt on a cruise? *cheer2*

Cheers Steve - they were some drive days you organised - enjoyed them immensely, but as my mate Tony will attest - I kept telling him I needed an RA, so hopefully in a year or two, I'll be able to come to you for a bit of advice :-)

ofey wrote:Lots of OEM accessories for that Colt actually, if youre so inclined... .

Very very happy to hear that Irving - I'll PM you for some pointers in that regard (starting with a spare ignition key!) - thanks for all the help & advice! :-D

TrojanHorse wrote:Thats a shame, but hey, all good things must come to an end...

Yeah, but at least I'm going to another blue Mitsubishi, so it ain't all that bad! (cj-blue)

black_ice wrote:I used to own a RA Colt..fun little cars..go check out Rcolt.com..

Actually Aamir, I'm starting to get a bit of a kick out of it - it's nowhere near as fast as the Lancer, but if you give the clutch a tiny bit of slip on the take-off and squeeze the accelerator pedal, it gets going pretty well for a 'micro-machine (good onya Akram)... :-) - and thanks for the heads-up on RColt!

turbogirl wrote:Will have to catch up to exchange jars for chutney! There are a few from the Colt club that frequent meets like Downshift. Kalt / Al is a member is Melbourne here and with Colt club as well but I havent seen him online in awhile or spoken to him lately.

Cheers Jade! - I've had a look at other sites/meets, but there's nothing quite like ClubCJ anywhere...! Let me know when the next batch is due and I'll endeavour to meet up with a boot flu of jars! :-D

Mystique wrote::C

Thanks Tiff.... :-) - I still plan to be back with an RA...!

mephisto69 wrote:Yeah Martin you dont have to leave the Club. Become an Alumni member. ... Its sad to see your blue flash go but hopefully the new owner will join the club. Then itd be like a family reunion at every meet or cruise.

...or it would be like your ex. turning up at the next party with their new partner...! *frown* hehehe!

Mits wrote:Sorry to hear this :/ will miss you Martin and was great to have you around :) - Best of luck! Sean

Cheers mate - still like your car heaps...! :-D don't go overboard with the mods!

SIX wrote:just coz your loosing the cars doesnt mean you have to gooooooooo .... (as some think lol) ..... stay ................ i did .... :)

You think? - didn't want to hang around and get in the way, but would love to keep in contact...

delta_fragma wrote:Thanks for the shout out, youre far too kind! Best of luck with the colt! If you want a workshop manual, Ive got it...

I wouldn't mind... can you PM me a link or DropBox it to me? :-D - I just wanted to say thanks to you publicly, 'cos you've really helped me a couple of times with some tricky stuff where I couldn't get accurate answers, and it was really appreciated... :-)

Kimmy wrote:[b:67292dae52][color=hotpink:67292dae52]Good luck with the new car *cheer2*[/color:67292dae52][/b:67292dae52]

Thanks Kimmy :-) - I did look at it today and got a bit of a half-grin on my face - it's no Lancer, but I think we're gonna be ok...

Guys - I really appreciate all your comments/wishes and thank you all for your support & friendship.

So how does this Alumni thing work...? (assuming you think it's a good idea?) *biggrin1*

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:27 pm

sad to see the lancer go mate sorry i wasnt able to meet you and see your blue beast in person. take care but make sure you hang around and feel free to attend meets and cruises in the new car. just like myself yes i have a new but doesnt mean you have to leave :-)

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:35 pm

So Martin any pics? You going to use any of that left over silver guard trim for a special micro machine project? There is a few premium colt options like climate control you can do I noticed.

Return to “General Talk”