***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

First Lancer - Just Ordered - Any Tips?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

G0BLIN
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

First Lancer - Just Ordered - Any Tips?

Postby G0BLIN » Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Hey everyone, I joined a couple of weeks ago to get an idea of how to get a blacked out front grill look on a 2013 LX however I just ended up ordering a 2014 model with that as the standard (three weeks away from delivery). I want to get some ideas of what you would do in terms of engine modification and exterior/interior looks to get some ideas along the cars journey. Preview:

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue May 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Dean, you would have to come out to a meet and have a look at our cars. Gratz on the purchase mate
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 pm

You can black out the bumper using plasti dip or vinyl wrap, from there you can buy a chrome strip, it's all pretty straight forward! :) congrats on the purchase!!! :) the guys will be able to look after you in the way of mods ;)
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:04 pm

hold on to your wallet ;) CCJ will drain it.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed May 07, 2014 7:14 am

sleeper wrote:hold on to your wallet ;) CCJ will drain it.

Ain't that the truth!!! :-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed May 07, 2014 7:35 pm

G0BLIN wrote:Hey everyone, I joined a couple of weeks ago to get an idea of how to get a blacked out front grill look on a 2013 LX however I just ended up ordering a 2014 model with that as the standard (three weeks away from delivery). I want to get some ideas of what you would do in terms of engine modification and exterior/interior looks to get some ideas along the cars journey.

With an LX, you've already got most of the interior goodies anyway, maybe do some led floodlighting - I'd add an underseat sub to the existing audio system, its an easy upgrade and makes a huge difference - I used the Pioneer one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIONEER-TS-WX110A-OVERSIZE-8-SLIM-ACTIVE-SUBWOOFER-SUB-INBUILT-AMP-AMPLIFER-UTE-/271225845873?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2651f871&_uhb=1

Exterior-wise, grab a set of 18" Ralliart wheels (should cost around $550 for a good set) and a rear wing if you don't already have one. Also consider doing a gloss-black vinyl roof (I did mine and continued it down across the bonnet too)

White's the best colour for modding - everything stands out!

Read the mod forums, ask questions and enjoy!

:-D
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed May 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Zaphod wrote:[quote:f4e21a2cff=G0BLIN]Hey everyone, I joined a couple of weeks ago to get an idea of how to get a blacked out front grill look on a 2013 LX however I just ended up ordering a 2014 model with that as the standard (three weeks away from delivery). I want to get some ideas of what you would do in terms of engine modification and exterior/interior looks to get some ideas along the cars journey. [/quote:f4e21a2cff] With an LX, youve already got most of the interior goodies anyway, maybe do some led floodlighting - Id add an underseat sub to the existing audio system, its an easy upgrade and makes a huge difference - I used the Pioneer one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIONEER-TS-WX110A-OVERSIZE-8-SLIM-ACTIVE-SUBWOOFER-SUB-INBUILT-AMP-AMPLIFER-UTE-/271225845873?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2651f871&_uhb=1 Exterior-wise, grab a set of 18 Ralliart wheels (should cost around $550 for a good set) and a rear wing if you dont already have one. Also consider doing a gloss-black vinyl roof (I did mine and continued it down across the bonnet too) Whites the best colour for modding - everything stands out! Read the mod forums, ask questions and enjoy! :-D

^^^^^^^

Pretty much this! Lx was a good choice to be honest, THe leather seats are amazing! :D And all the other perks of owning a white car is you can pretty much add any colour you want :D!

Im planning on a roof wrap and a black evo bonnet eventually :D and leaving my front bumper as is! :3
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Wed May 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Vrx is just as good ;)
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Return to “General Talk”