***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:34 pm

sammyk wrote:Today i put on a new spoiler and fog lights ;) looking gooood

Photos please!

(gotta love fog lights!)

:-D
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Zaphod wrote:[quote:cb64911380=sammyk]Today i put on a new spoiler and fog lights ;) looking gooood[/quote:cb64911380] Photos please! [i:cb64911380](gotta love fog lights!)[/i:cb64911380] :-D

Lol fogights, your a funny one, im more interested how the spoiler looks

Will be putting my new 16 LED 31mm in my map lights tonight

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Yeah, but I just put my foggiest on last weekend and the car looks a whole heap better!
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Zaphod wrote:Yeah, but I just put my foggiest on last weekend and the car looks a whole heap better!

Yeah they are an improvement, im finding they are more aesthetic then anything, have only used mine a few times

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Planning on getting H11 LEDs and using them as DRLs...

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Zaphod wrote:Planning on getting H11 LEDs and using them as DRLs...
To replace your fog light globes? I saw a skoda with that looks OEM but nice

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:44 pm

:-D

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Zaphod wrote::-D

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthrea ... ght-option)
Would be nice if we could do something like this with our cars, the housing looks very similar

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Nice, they have a H11 plug to so will plug and play, however whats their voltage output, incorrect voltage throws CEL's. I still really like the look of those Skoda quad led ones but would no idea if they are possible, Skoda at work has them..very different

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 pm

It's not voltage, it's load - when normal lamps get hot enough to glow, they also resist current flow - the ECU sees this as a 'load' on the electrical system; LEDs aren't resistive, so when they're turned on, the ECU thinks there's a short-circuit and shuts them down.

That's also where the flicker comes from - the LEDs turn on, there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on, sees there's no load, so the ECU turns the circuit off, then realises the main light switch is set to 'on', turns the LEDs back on.....

And it does this really quickly, so we see LEDs flicker!

To get around it, you need to put a load resistor in line with the LEDs, so that when the main switch is turned to 'on', the LEDs illuminate, but this time the ECU sees a load and knows there's a lamp and lets it run undisturbed!

broyther
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby broyther » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi, new here..just wanna share that I sprayed my rims to purple today... :twisted: :twisted:

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:42 pm

broyther wrote:Hi, new here..just wanna share that I sprayed my rims to purple today... :twisted: :twisted:

Thats different, what fogs are those your using?

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 pm

broyther wrote:Hi, new here..just wanna share that I sprayed my rims to purple today... :twisted: :twisted:

Pics?

Sammy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sammy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:10 am

got a picture? sounds awesome
2010 2.4L lancer aspire

Return to “General Talk”