***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

SA-27/01/2014-Australia Day BBQ

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:42 pm

where are we holding it ? .......
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:53 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Im sure Shannon will let us know. Think youll find that time in your sig is for the Evo 9 not 10 Mark according to this (youll notice the X isnt even listed): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N% ... l_vehicles According to the thread below the actual time for the GSR Evo X was [quote:830e66e390]7:57 Lancer Evolution X GSR Mark Chandler AMS conducted test September 2011[/quote:830e66e390] http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54483 And according to this thread there is no official time for an X at the Nurbergring: http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-gene ... times.html According to this page, the Megane is much slower than the Evo X and has a much lower power to weight: http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nurburgri ... 100_m.html But hey, why let actual facts and truth get in the way of a good story right? If youd like to show us all some hard facts showing your figures, Im sure wed all be interested. I wonder if you can find as many links on the contrary to support your supposed figures?
good work erin !!!! it was the ix not the X i shall change that ... thumb up ! getting back to topic hopefully we will know a location soon so we can ogranise something
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Sorry for the delay in location guys. I'm having a bit of a delimia :(
At this stage I will say let's have it at Collins Reserve. Same place as last year. Its pretty much perfect BUT....as we discovered there's no undercover areas/protection. We don't gave to worry about rain this year however the forecast is mid 30s so it will be pretty hot and sunny.

So this is where the delimia is...I have found a few other parks that are really nice but either don't have toilets or a BBQ.
There was a suggestion to have it near there beach somewhere, like up semaphore/largs way, but being a public holiday and the beach I reckon it will be pretty chockas.

So is everyone good for Collins Reserve? There's bbqs, toilets, sporting facilities and plenty of trees so if it gets too hot we can sit under the trees. I am happy to get there early, like 9ish to get a good spot n hog it till everyone comes :)

Unless someone knows of a park centralish for everyone that has BBQ, toilets, shelter and lots of parking...
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:30 pm

sounds good to me colins reserve sounds fine .... didnt nadine say she had a cover thing of some sort maybe we could ask her to bring it ???? and is there anything you would like Me and annie to bring to help ???
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah Nadine has one of those portable gazebos but its only like 2m x 2m. Might get very squishy if we r all huddled up under it.
Just bring some snacks or a small plate of food. Ill get some snags, bread, soft drink and make a garden salad.

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm

I didnt even know that they had times for rally cars on a asphalt touring tracks? Comparing a touring car to a rally car on a asphalt track is like comparing a Baja buggy's 0-100 sand run to a Formula 1's 0-100 sand run. Its quite pointless. They are both made for diferent things. Like to see a touring car pull a 8.08 on the Nurbergring when its covered in 2 foot of snow.

Back on topic Collens sounds like the go. Every other place is going to be that stupidly busy. The gazebo is pretty small, we can bring it but fact is it can only really fit 4 people under it
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Lypherk
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Lypherk » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:52 pm

I plan on bringing along my 2.4m x2.4m because I'd rather have some full shade for our little one. But as Shannon said, It's gonna be a tight squeeze since it's just a small cheap one. I did pick it up for $40 at Kmart at TTP a month ago.

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:10 pm

im fine with Collins :)
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

CJ_lancer_772
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CJ_lancer_772 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Where is Collins reserve? Im not sure whats happening with me yet and I probs wont know until the day.
So if i get a chance, i'll certainly stop by and say hello!
Lancer, the only car worth it! :D

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 pm

CJ_lancer_772 wrote:Where is Collins reserve? Im not sure whats happening with me yet and I probs wont know until the day. So if i get a chance, ill certainly stop by and say hello!

Fulham Gardens just off Tapley's Hill Rd!

CJ_lancer_772
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CJ_lancer_772 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Ah of course! I've been there once before for some reason.
Lancer, the only car worth it! :D

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 am

BBQ will be at Collins Reserve, Valetta Road, Kidman Park. Its just down the road from the Target Shopping Centre, Tapleys Hill Road Fulham Gardens.
http://goo.gl/maps/0d4JI

I have just checked the BOM and the temp is going to be 38 degrees. so make sure you bring sunscreen/hat/sunnies and bathers as we might head to the beach afterwards for ice cream and to cool down :)

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:33 pm

will do shannon :P
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker

(cj-red)

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”