***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The reason we shop online and buy from OS

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jayce321
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby jayce321 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:44 pm

Well I remember from my
Emails. Daniel was the guy in charge of ordering and dispatch and Aaron was the owner of mps.

I find it interesting to that when I called back when I was having problems and got hold of Aaron, they receive all there goods at the place where I called. So I call b/s on him "getting stock" it seems like another story.

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Did you ask about my intake :P

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:43 pm

ScootaX wrote:Did you ask about my intake :P

LOL sorry mate it slipped my mind. They did have some kind of intake in their display cabinet, but it could have been for anything.

I waited around for 45 min and Aaron (the owner) kept trying to call someone - the guy who was apparently going to the 'warehouse' to collect the CP-E gear. Of course he couldn't get through. There was a heap of CP-E boxes in the shop there, but I checked them as best as I could and there were no Ralliart ones. 2 for Evo X however, or so it said on the boxes.

Aaron kept going back to his family story and how he lost his uncle and how he just came to the workshop to clear his head. I kept saying yes I understand, these things happen, I'm sorry for your loss, but I want my exhaust. He claims he is going to ring me first thing in the morning. We'll see what happens. I'm giving them until the end of the week. If I don't have it by then I'm chasing the bank up and going to fair trading.

I don't know what to believe - the guy did appear to be genuinely upset, but he could be a great BS artist. We shall see. Stay posted.
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Yeah your taking $1000 off him ofcourse his gana throw out the crocodile tears. I remember when they contacted me about the exhaust I got them down to $700 inc delivery to victoria and then I backed out because I decided to get engaged. I just dont trust em.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm sure there is a rational explanation for the SNAFU.
Go have a look at the FB page, there is another user who is having the same issues with getting a response.
These operations tend to be slim, one or two man operations.
They tend not to have the cash flow to have every possible item they offer as "stock on hand" sitting in their office.
They operate on slim margins and operate on JIT (just in time) principles of operation. They get the order locally, get the cash, make the order to the supplier, in it comes, they ship to you.

I must admit tho, overseas operations crap all over local Aussie operations in terms of customer service and usually in price if you're prepared to do the leg work.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:18 am

still though you should have to wait so long, 3 weeks is the longest it should take, and if its gana take longer tell customers the moment they want to buy an item.
if they had of said to nick its gana take 6 weeks he probably wouldnt of gotten upset and decided to rat them out here.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:48 am

The X wrote:Im sure there is a rational explanation for the SNAFU. Go have a look at the FB page, there is another user who is having the same issues with getting a response. These operations tend to be slim, one or two man operations. They tend not to have the cash flow to have every possible item they offer as stock on hand sitting in their office. They operate on slim margins and operate on JIT (just in time) principles of operation. They get the order locally, get the cash, make the order to the supplier, in it comes, they ship to you. I must admit tho, overseas operations crap all over local Aussie operations in terms of customer service and usually in price if youre prepared to do the leg work.

LOL this was me on thier FB page. Yes you are right, it does appear to be a 2 man show. I get that, I run a 1 man show where I am and its difficult to keep everyone happy. But I tell people they have to wait sometimes, I usually under-promise and over deliver, I don't just say yes yes yes to everyone.

R4LLI4RT wrote:still though you should have to wait so long, 3 weeks is the longest it should take, and if its gana take longer tell customers the moment they want to buy an item. if they had of said to nick its gana take 6 weeks he probably wouldnt of gotten upset and decided to rat them out here.

Exactly. If they had said 'look we are doing these in a big order, in a shipping container to keep postage costs down. It may take up to 12 weeks so we can fill the container' then I would have either accepted the time delay, or paid more to a US vendor and had it air freighted. Instead all i got was excuses, saying it was CP-E's fault etc etc.
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:05 pm

So a bit of an update on this. I kept going back out to MPS last December and hassling Aaron. He told me there was an order stuff up and they only send Evo X exhausts and that a new order was coming in 2 weeks with RA ones. I contacted CP-E who told me that MPS had in fact ordered 2 RA exhausts, and they should be there by 3rd week of December.

Well of course no exhausts turned up. And guess what - MPS have strangely been on 'holidays' according to their phone message. They were supposed to return on the 14th of Jan, but I've been out there, and called everyday and no one is there.

I asked my bank to reverse the transfer, but received a letter saying ' we cannot reverse the transfer as we cannot get the permission of the account holder'. We of course you cant! They are a bunch of lying thieves!

Anyway I've lodged a complaint with Fair Trading this week. See where that goes. I've also tried to contact CP-E again to get some kind of official record of any RA exhausts being shipped here, as I'm wondering if they weren't just saying that to shut me up. In case they were, I sent them a big email saying I want the document as I'm taking legal action against MPS garage. I then emailed it to all 7 or so email addresses at CP-E. I also mentioned if they didn't reply to me i would go to social media to get their attention. We'll see if i get a response now!

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:47 pm

man that has to be the worst service i have ever heard.
i hope things work out for you.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Yeah cheers fellas. I'm probably wishing for too much but I'd be happy to just get my money back, but I'm even beginning to doubt that will happen now. I'm not just going to let it slide however!

I'd even pay money to take them to court purely on principle! :evil:

I'm a nice person, and sometimes maybe a bit gullible, as I like to think people are good. But it seems this may be a case of MPS just telling me sob stories etc to get rid of me. I should have just taken one of the boxes that said 'Evo X' as collateral when the guy was actually at the shop.

Funny how just yesterday I searched CP-E distributor and the first thing that came up was a 3 page thread on a Aussie Mazda forum about how crap MPS were! Should have done my homework before forking out $.

I will be pushing this however. Apparently you can get some kind of court order where a sheriff can take you to a premises and allow you to collect goods of equivalent value.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:24 pm

yeah see the goverment doesnt protect the buyer enough, its all about the seller which i think is bs
man if the sherrif took me there id take as much as possible and make sure it was wholesale price not retail

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Yeah well i think its a long way off the sherif.

I went out there again this afternoon to have a look around. The guy who owns the place (Aaron) had his 4wd there, but it had been there in the same place since Monday so dont know if its moved. Funny thing was there was water all over the ground right in front of the roller door of the shop, even though the shop was all closed up, so obviously someone had been there recently. :x

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:11 am

The plot thickens! Seems when you email enough people and mention legal actions and threaten to take your complaints to social media people take notice!

I got the below response from the owner :

Hello,

I am extremely displeased that mps has taken your money before having the product. We have a policy at cp-e that NO money is taken before the product can ship. Unfortunately I cannot control what my vendors do. I will say though…we have been closed since middle of December until January 4th and been playing catch up as well as hiring more employees. MPS’s order was just now put together and put in the system. Now we are awaiting on a wire. While it is not all MPS fault things could have been handled better by both him and cp-e.

Again the order is ready to ship IMMEDIATELY upon receiving the wire. Sorry as I know this is not what you want to hear but we appreciate you trying to understand the situation.

Very Respectfully,
Josh Adam

So guess what? MPS Garage has lied AGAIN saying that the order had been place, AND an employee from CP-E also lied to me, saying that the order had been shipped in December! I also got the following response from the CP-E employee who I was in contact with previously:

Hi Nick,

I just talked to Josh, the owner about this and he said that he responded to you earlier and CC'd MPS in the loop to get this taken care of. Sorry if I haven't been as helpful as I could be.

So Trip (the guy I was speaking to before) obviously got ripped by his boss. Which he should have for lying to me. So I now KNOW that it STILL hasn't been sent!!! This is all information I will be keeping for Fair Trading. I'm mainly concerned now that MPS Garage is in the process of shutting up shop.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do in this situation? I mean if MPS Garage close down, and go bankrupt or whatever, how do you go about chasing them for money?

Return to “General Talk”