***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2013 NSW Bushfires

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

2013 NSW Bushfires

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Just posting this thread up to say to all NSW members who are in areas affected by the fires.

That myself and every other CCJ Member is thinking of you guys,girls and please stay safe and stay in touch. And keep ready and aware of warnings given out by emergency services.

Also to the NSWRFS Ladies and Gents please look after yourself and that of your other fellow RFS Members.

seven
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby seven » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Cheers dude. I'm not affected by these bushfires
However I do have friends who are.
It's great to see the ClubCJ family and friends looking
Out for each other.
Shane 'seven' Bertie
President of the seven corporation
PhD In Awesomeness and all things Cool
2011 Black VR
(cj-black)

Garage: garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1310

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:22 pm

I know Dreama lives in Springwood... i wonder if he's alright :O
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Metalstrix wrote:I know Dreama lives in Springwood... i wonder if hes alright :O
hopefully he is wish we could have a way to contact them rather then email or PM's to check up if you hear anything let us know please

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Azza_07 wrote:Thanks, I live in Lithgow(State Mine Fire as they say on the news), and the fire is starting to calm down in part of the town but its still way out of control p the mountain and going up into the blue mountains. Good thing the wind has gone down here and hoping its going to stay good over night and nothing happens. Edit: wow according to RFS 12,000ha have been burnt around my area.
stay safe

rowlandsja
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby rowlandsja » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:15 am

I have a few mates whose houses have been burnt to the ground, terrible news! thoughts go out to everyone involved and well done to the brave firefighters

smokie
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby smokie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:34 am

Cheers mate, unfortunately I have work, but most of my brigade was out in the fire ground yesterday and last night. Very average conditions.
Days like yesterday is why we do hundreds and hundreds of training hours every year. Its our bread and butter. It keeps us alive when the bush is literally 'exploding' around us.
Ive heard about interstate crews coming in to assist, in saying that, I might 'see you in the smoke some day' Mitch.
25*C, window down with the iPod playing

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:20 am

Chopa wrote:Cheers mate, unfortunately I have work, but most of my brigade was out in the fire ground yesterday and last night. Very average conditions. Days like yesterday is why we do hundreds and hundreds of training hours every year. Its our bread and butter. It keeps us alive when the bush is literally exploding around us. Ive heard about interstate crews coming in to assist, in saying that, I might see you in the smoke some day Mitch.
quite possible mate. Tell you RFS guys that they are doing a damn great job and to keep up the hard work and to keep safe while working on trying to contain these fires.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Mitch wrote:Just posting this thread up to say to all NSW members who are in areas affected by the fires. That myself and every other CCJ Member is thinking of you guys,girls and please stay safe and stay in touch. And keep ready and aware of warnings given out by emergency services. Also to the NSWRFS Ladies and Gents please look after yourself and that of your other fellow RFS Members.

Thank You Mitch & all for your kind thoughts , Yesterday We had been affected In the Chain Valley Bay fires & as we live around the bush this is the worst fire we have had & was very scary & while Mitch has made this thread I would like to share my story .... Our situation isn,t as bad as most of all the other unfortunate people who have lost their homes :( We were very close in losing ours if it wasn.t for our neighbors :)

This fire came so quickly I coundn,t believe the speed of it , One minute we are sitting on the back deck with no smoke to be seen & next minute it was heading our way & the Fireies came to tell us to pack the car & be prepared & wow you think to your self "what do I take " Well firstly the photos & then my handbag :P Hmm what next ? laptop "Yes" ... No more time as fireies came again & said GET OUT NOW .... So all the neighbors took off together but with everyone going their separate ways We took off to Summerland Point as we had friends there who we could stay with & as it is near the water they can get ppl out by boat if necessary ,
We where only there for 1 hour & a fire broke out there as well & they closed all the roads " In our little community there is only one way in & out" We were safe at this time & over the next 6 hours I made many trips up to see if the roads were open to go back home as I was very anxious to see if our home was still standing *noidea* as we heard reports of homes lost in our area & the man that died protecting his home lived across the creek from us ,
I decided to get a few hours sleep as it is around 2am & tried to get back out around 5am Nope fire still burning so waited for sunrise & said to Gary I WANT to go home :roll: Hmm Had a thought :idea: go down to the boat ramp & hitch a ride on a boat as our street is at the end near the other boat ramp about 10 minutes by water & this nice guy said sure mate I will take you home :D
So we gets home & talking to the neighbors they say they came back last night to try & save their home :shock: & said that next doors house caught fire but because they were there they were able to put it out as it caught fire near 2 gas bottles which were very close to our side of the house & we have 2 gas bottles as well "Phew" & they worked all night to hose all our houses as the fireies coundn't be here as the big fire was raging towards Catherine Hill out of control towards the town .
So atm tonight we are staying awake proberly doing shifts in watching the bush behind us as big burnt trees have ignited again *mad2* ....

As I said earlier a lot of other ppl are far worse off then us as at least we still have our home ...And Yes the SES & all the fireies & emergency personal are doing a wonderful Job & I take my hat off to them all *yo*
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

smokie
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby smokie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:32 am

Join a brigade near your house or an area you know well. 99% of your crew will become your second family, I have 50 active members in my brigade (Coal and Candle) and I would have no issues with crewing with any of them. I've never had issues with dealing with members from other brigades or even other districts. We all have the same common want which is to help the public. I would happily be put on a 5 day stag with 5 randomly selected people from my brigade.
25*C, window down with the iPod playing

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:33 am

Azza_07 wrote:Update: Lithgow Fire is going steady, RFS is doing back burning around the mountains near me house. The RFS are doing a great job. The way these men and women do there job is great. I working retail and after the last couple of days i have been thinking about volunteering with the RFS. Any thoughts?
deffinantly join the RFS is always looking for more people and it is a great thing to do for your community

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:34 am

Chopa wrote:Join a brigade near your house or an area you know well. 99% of your crew will become your second family, I have 50 active members in my brigade (Coal and Candle) and I would have no issues with crewing with any of them. Ive never had issues with dealing with members from other brigades or even other districts. We all have the same common want which is to help the public. I would happily be put on a 5 day stag with 5 randomly selected people from my brigade.
second that my brigade is certainly a second family to me and have no problems working with neighbouring brigades

And Doreen so glad to hear that you and your family and house are safe please keep us updated :-)

Same to you Azza keep us upto date and glad that you guys are doing ok in these circumstances

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Hoges wrote:Doreen so glad to hear your ok. Have been thinking of all my friends up your way. Havnt heard much from them. Please stay safe and get out if you need to

Thanks Ryan & we are all safe & hope your friends up here are ok ! we have not heard any homes destroyed or any Injuries so hopefully all good ...

All good atm Thanks Mitch , I was sent this Video of the Fire that came towards us & went though the bush reserve up to our fence line & this video shows the speed & force how quickly it can cross a 4 lane highway :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... zFf8#t=502

Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Far out glad you all are ok

Return to “New South Wales”