***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

LED Base Badge Mod

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jnaidoo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

LED Base Badge Mod

Postby jnaidoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Guys

I have just done my first mod and super excited, just wanted to know something, is there any rules with something like this as i dont want to get into trouble?

Thanks

Life's Simple

JaY

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 pm

so long as its off when you are driving i dont see it will be an issues
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:11 pm

so long as its off when you are driving i dont see it will be an issues
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup

2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 pm

I think it depends on how the cops treat it, U might get away with it whilst driving or they may say it cant be blue or red, but if its on and ur car is stationary it is all good
Boost life scrambles the brain

jnaidoo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jnaidoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Oh really damit, cause i have it installed on the headlight fuse, personally i think its fine as its just a light around the badge so it cant be that bad, but yeah just dont want to get in trouble with cops
Life's Simple

JaY

jnaidoo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jnaidoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:15 pm

shadow-vex wrote:I think it depends on how the cops treat it, U might get away with it whilst driving or they may say it cant be blue or red, but if its on and ur car is stationary it is all good

Yeah thats what i was thinking, im using it as a test until i get a green one as thats my colour scheme silver and green
Life's Simple

JaY

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:42 am

I have one exactly the same on my car and it is connected to the headlights. Never had an issue with it and it's been on the car a couple of years now.
I'm probably going to connect it to a switch soon though because of how the po po have been on a power trip of sorts lately.

Definitely wouldn't have a green one on while the car is running, they will get you for that for sure.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 am

I don't see the difference of having green or blue... However, I could be wrong, but you aren't allowed to have blue / green / red etc projecting from a car forward.. However I am unsure if 'glowing' is included in it. Not 100% sure though.

I wouldn't risk it and would put a switch on it. its not difficult.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 am

el3ment wrote:I dont see the difference of having green or blue... However, I could be wrong, but you arent allowed to have blue / green / red etc projecting from a car forward.. However I am unsure if glowing is included in it. Not 100% sure though. I wouldnt risk it and would put a switch on it. its not difficult.

If you like it then you shoulda put a switch on it... Oh Oh Oh... hehe

Yeah I think its a grey area, grey are = you might get away with it a few times, but at some point a cop will see it as being illegal, and "I didn't know" wont get you out of the fine.

You might get away with White, and possibly amber, that's about it.

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:30 am

that is illegal to drive with it on, but it is like parkers basically
cops will give you more of a warning and tell you to take it off
unless they are assholes and i think its like a 210 dollar fine
im uncertain about the amount but there is a fine
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 am

Jerard, if you are replacing the LEDs, you could get some 5050 RGBs and put in a switch and controller. Have it set to white while you drive around, then you can use the controller to switch to green or what ever colour while parked. If you have some technical knowledge, you can make a Potentiometer controller for about $5, if not, I think you can buy a inline controller for about $10

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:40 am

Damir wrote:that is illegal to drive with it on, but it is like parkers basically cops will give you more of a warning and tell you to take it off unless they are assholes and i think its like a 210 dollar fine im uncertain about the amount but there is a fine

that's is what I was thinking, but I thought u weren't allowed blue or red parkers and any other colour was ok...

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:57 am

You are only allowed to have white coloured lights on the front of your car except the indicators which must be amber. Same goes for the rear, you can only have red except the indicators and reverse lights.

Another member on here had green parkers at one stage and got pulled over for it. Luckily I don't think he got a fine, but he had to remove them.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:19 am

zedd82 wrote:You are only allowed to have white coloured lights on the front of your car except the indicators which must be amber. Same goes for the rear, you can only have red except the indicators and reverse lights. Another member on here had green parkers at one stage and got pulled over for it. Luckily I dont think he got a fine, but he had to remove them.

I think there might be some exceptions to that rule tho, my mate has 4 amber light son the front and read of the car because they have to be marked as they stick out further then the lights do. He also has Amber lights all down the sides of the tray and steps as they stick out further then the cabin...

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:08 am

citris.87 wrote: I think there might be some exceptions to that rule tho, my mate has 4 amber light son the front and read of the car because they have to be marked as they stick out further then the lights do. He also has Amber lights all down the sides of the tray and steps as they stick out further then the cabin...

I think by law he needs the lights to be amber if anything is wider the cabin, or extends past the cabin

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”